Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 is live!

Comments

• @brambos said:

@Sebastian said:

@brambos said:
    Also for factory presets? I sort of understand the stance on managing user presets, but at least factory presets should be accessible via the host...?

Yeah, I'm kind of warming up to that.

That would be the bestest compromise ;)

Sweet, sweet compromise.

• @Sebastian said:

@brambos said:

@Sebastian said:

@brambos said:
    Also for factory presets? I sort of understand the stance on managing user presets, but at least factory presets should be accessible via the host...?

Yeah, I'm kind of warming up to that.

That would be the bestest compromise ;)

Sweet, sweet compromise.

Cmon, Sebastian jump, we'll catch ya!

• One thing. I've noticed the bottom of the app main UI doesn't display the current latency. I used to start tonestack with 64 latency before audiobus 2 and it would set audiobus latency (as well as subsequent apps I opened) to 64 latency.

Or you could add 64 latency an option for people who need shorter than 128. Its only useful for fast guitar runs and timing but it would be nice not to have to work around for it.

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    One thing. I've noticed the bottom of the app main UI doesn't display the current latency. I used to start tonestack with 64 latency before audiobus 2 and it would set audiobus latency (as well as subsequent apps I opened) to 64 latency.

Or you could add 64 latency an option for people who need shorter than 128. Its only useful for fast guitar runs and timing but it would be nice not to have to work around for it.

Yeah, I guess we can add the 64 samples latency option.

• So anybody else getting this when I touch presets in AB3, it crashes. When I first install AB3 it contain all my AB2 presets so I deleted AB2. Over the last few days I've added new presets to AB3 no problem but now suddenly if I tap on the preset folder AB3 vanishes. I've tried rebooting my iPad Pro to no avail.

• @livemike said:
    So anybody else getting this when I touch presets in AB3, it crashes. When I first install AB3 it contain all my AB2 presets so I deleted AB2. Over the last few days I've added new presets to AB3 no problem but now suddenly if I tap on the preset folder AB3 vanishes. I've tried rebooting my iPad Pro to no avail.

That sucks! Sorry for that.

Here's a workaround:
    1. Back up your existing presets using iTunes File Sharing.
    2. You'll get a folder with all your presets in it. Zip that and send it to me via our support portal. Keep the zip file, you'll use it as backup.
    3. Delete Audiobus 3 and re-install it from the app store.

You can try importing the preset folder back into Audiobus 3 via iTunes File Sharing. If that doesn't work, delete the new presets you made to see if those are the culprit. Meanwhile I'll have a look at the problem after you send me the zip file via our support thing.

• @Sebastian said:

@livemike said:
    So anybody else getting this when I touch presets in AB3, it crashes. When I first install AB3 it contain all my AB2 presets so I deleted AB2. Over the last few days I've added new presets to AB3 no problem but now suddenly if I tap on the preset folder AB3 vanishes. I've tried rebooting my iPad Pro to no avail.

Here's a workaround:
    2. You'll get a folder with all your presets in it. Zip that and send it to me via our support portal. Keep the zip file, you'll use it as backup.

You can try importing the preset folder back into Audiobus 3 via iTunes File Sharing. If that doesn't work, delete the new presets you made to see if those are the culprit. Meanwhile I'll have a look at the problem after you send me the zip file via our support thing.

Nothing personal, but every time I hear of a solution to a problem and that solution involves iTunes file sharing, I tend to burn wax effergies ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

Nothing personal, but every time I hear of a solution to a problem and that solution involves iTunes file sharing, I tend to burn wax effergies ;)

It's not a solution, just a workaround. But yea, f*** iTunes File sharing.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

I hear that a lot. I wonder where the extreme iTunes hatred comes from? Sure, it's not the most elegant thing Apple has ever made, but iTunes file exchange typically doesn't take more than 20 seconds and does not involve electroshocks or eating live insects. How bad can it be? :)

• @Sebastian said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

It's not a solution, just a workaround. But yea, f*** iTunes File sharing.

Yeah, pardon my never ending quest to pour boiling water on everything iTunes file sharing lol....I suppose it's just become habitual :p

• @brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

I hear that a lot. I wonder where the extreme iTunes hatred comes from? Sure, it's not the most elegant thing Apple has ever made, but iTunes file exchange typically doesn't take more than 20 seconds and does not involve electroshocks or eating live insects. How bad can it be? :)

I use my iPad a lot at times when there is no access to another computer of any kind (excepting the laptop I have that runs Linux. O guess what...no iTunes for Linux!).

• @brambos

Are you sure you hear it a lot? Or are you just hearing it a lot from me? Lol

• edited April 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

I use my iPad a lot at times when there is no access to another computer of any kind (excepting the laptop I have that runs Linux. O guess what...no iTunes for Linux!).

Right, so you're saying that you'd actually like to have more iTunes in your life :D

• edited April 2017

Why can't I see many apps in AB3?
    e.g. MoDrum, bassline, korg Module
    All Need a Update?

• @brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@brambos said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Sebastian said:

@livemike said:

Here's a workaround:

Right, so you're saying that you could actually use more iTunes in your life :D

I do have spare wax effergies you know! :D

• @Sebastian weird I did as instruction deleted reinstalled put the presets back in via iTunes file sharing minus the new AB3 presets but no presets show up in AB3 even though I could see them being copied over in iTunes and even after a reboot.

• edited April 2017

@brambos said:

iTunes file exchange typically doesn't take more than 20 seconds and does not involve electroshocks or eating live insects. How bad can it be? :)

(...unless you need to use iTunes file exchange.)

• @livemike

Your more than welcome to join the BurniTunesLive cult :)

• @livemike said:
    @Sebastian weird I did as instruction deleted reinstalled put the presets back in via iTunes file sharing minus the new AB3 presets but no presets show up in AB3 even though I could see them being copied over in iTunes and even after a reboot.

Are we already on contact via email? Otherwise, please contact me via our support portal and I'll walk you through how to restore your presets. It's a bug in Audiobus which we've already identified, but which will require an update to the app.

I can fix it for you before that though, but I'll need access to your preset folder.

• @brambos said:
    [...]. I wonder where the extreme iTunes hatred comes from? Sure, it's not the most elegant thing Apple has ever made, but iTunes file exchange typically doesn't take more than 20 seconds and does not involve electroshocks or eating live insects. How bad can it be? :)

20 seconds... sounds like someone doesn't have to deal with iTunes on PC. ;)
    As awful as iTunes is on Mac, it is 100x worse on PC.

• @Hmtx said:

@brambos said:
    [...]. I wonder where the extreme iTunes hatred comes from? Sure, it's not the most elegant thing Apple has ever made, but iTunes file exchange typically doesn't take more than 20 seconds and does not involve electroshocks or eating live insects. How bad can it be? :)

Actually it takes three seconds on the PC. Pick up PC. Carefully find spot on wall. Throw PC at wall. iTunes on PC sorted :D

• Hi,
    maybe I'm missing something but, with AB3, can someone tell me how to affect the rows from StepPolyArp to Thumbjam midi instruments ? If someone has these 2 apps, please try this simple task to confirm that because Thumbjam is not updated for AB3, you've got to set your configuration just like before...
    Thank you for your help !

• one question. can I have, let's say 3 lanes of synths going? but instead of the signal going to headphones out, it goes to a 4th lane, and then can be treated as a master bus? similar to what Aum app does? if so, how is that done. And if it can, I need to tell AUM that it is time to move on, because Ab3 has just taken over as the king! :)

• I-tunes is the devil >:)
    The problem i have with this is that when i want to make something with an iOS device without having to connect it to a PC or Mac.
    Or Apple could release i-tunes for iOS to handle that stuff there! WTF! I hate it! :p
    When i read an app offers only i-tunes data share it´s already over for me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2017
  • @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Hmtx said:

@brambos said:

Actually it takes three seconds on the PC. Pick up PC. Carefully find spot on wall. Throw PC at wall. iTunes on PC sorted :D

OR better yet use iFunBox or iPhone Explorer...

• @eross said:
    one question. can I have, let's say 3 lanes of synths going? but instead of the signal going to headphones out, it goes to a 4th lane, and then can be treated as a master bus? similar to what Aum app does? if so, how is that done. And if it can, I need to tell AUM that it is time to move on, because Ab3 has just taken over as the king! :)

Nope, but it's interesting idea.

• edited April 2017