Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 is live!

14567810»

Comments

• @Carnbot said:
    Thanks @gatzsche I also sometimes get another graphic glitch. Have been trying to upload a photo of it but for some reason I can't upload photos to the forum right now... :)

Here's that glitch I quite often get. Also I find that putting the ipad in portrait mode is the only way to reveal the bottom eject icons when they are covered. Changing from midi to audio etc doesn't work here for me.

• edited May 2017

@Carnbot said:

@Carnbot said:
    Thanks @gatzsche I also sometimes get another graphic glitch. Have been trying to upload a photo of it but for some reason I can't upload photos to the forum right now... :)

Here's that glitch I quite often get. Also I find that putting the ipad in portrait mode is the only way to reveal the bottom eject icons when they are covered. Changing from midi to audio etc doesn't work here for me.

Ok. I'm able now to reproduce this error on my iPad4: Add both Cubasis as well Animoog as input to a pipeline, wait until both have launched. Clear session after. And then the error happens.

I'm going to fix that.

• edited May 2017

@Carnbot said:

@Carnbot said:

This bug should be fixed too with the next (TestFlight) update. Thanks for reporting!

• Great, thanks @gatzsche :)

• What is that "tap to fix" thing so that i still have to open app manually instead of the load when i recall a patch?
    So are we not there yet?

• @Cib said:
    What is that "tap to fix" thing so that i still have to open app manually instead of the load when i recall a patch?
    So are we not there yet?

The "tap to fix" appears when Inter-App audio was not able to load the Inter-App Audio Unit.

But it could also be an Audiobus 3 bug. So would you mind sharing your Audiobus preset together with a description what you did when the "Tap to fix" happened? I'm going to have look into this.

• So weird tho. Running model 15 moog into loopy in audiobus 2 runs smoothly at 128 buffer. In audiobus 3 it shutters very noticeably. Seems to be the case with other apps too. Not sure why

• @Panthemusicalgoat said:
    So weird tho. Running model 15 moog into loopy in audiobus 2 runs smoothly at 128 buffer. In audiobus 3 it shutters very noticeably. Seems to be the case with other apps too. Not sure why

We are working on this.

• is there any midi effect apps currently available that can delay a midi signal before it gets to the synth?. i've seen it before on desktop software. they call it midi echo, or midi delay.

• @gatzsche said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:
    So weird tho. Running model 15 moog into loopy in audiobus 2 runs smoothly at 128 buffer. In audiobus 3 it shutters very noticeably. Seems to be the case with other apps too. Not sure why

We are working on this.

Awesome thank you

• @Cib said:
    Great, bought. 10 bucks is nothing for this work. Thank you!!

What is a buck?
    I'm sorry, ich bin ein Berliner:)

• @Kühl said:

@Cib said:

What is a buck?

It's what we worship here in America. You know... the All Mighty Buck? :)

• @Kühl said:

@Cib said:

What is a buck?

Ich bin aus dem Ruhrgebiet ;)

• @Cib said:

@Kühl said:

@Cib said:

What is a buck?

Voll gut!

• @Cib said:

@Kühl said:

@Cib said:

What is a buck?

Ich bin Norwegisch geboren, aber wir sind alle Berlinern, nicht war? :)
    Ich bin auch ein jahrelanger großer Kraftwerk und BlutEngel Fan... deshalb musste ich Deutsch lernen, zu probieren am mindesten. Drei Jahre habe ich gebraucht, mit deutsche Filme und Bücher. Alleine :)

RuhrGebiet ist für mich Industrial Inspiration.

• @gatzsche said:

@Panthemusicalgoat said:

We are working on this

+1 please let us know how it goes

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can my old apps with Audiobus one be opened with Audiobus 3?

• @suffodrumloops said:
    Can my old apps with Audiobus one be opened with Audiobus 3?

Absolutely - but if they're not "AB 3 Optimised", they won't launch into the background; you'll need to "Tap to launch" like old times.

• Progressive and intuitive, Wonderful!