Audiobus 3 is live!

edited April 3 in General

Hi all,

We're live! You can download Audiobus 3 now.

We've also updated our compatible apps directory and you can now search for MIDI Senders, MIDI Filters, Audio Unit Extensions, and apps that have been updated to the new Audiobus 3 SDK.

And finally, here's an overview of the known issues and upcoming features.

We really hope you like it!

Gabriel, Michael, and Sebastian
(The Audiobus Team)

Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hww_oPE7p9U

MIDI Setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfngTOBZ7BA

Intro to Midiflow for Audiobus 3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0XY-32G4zA

Demo vid for Midiflow Splitter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAU8U_8MEsI

Comments

• Killer! On it now :)

• And downloaded. Can't wait to jump in. (And don't have to). Big ups to Sebastian and the team.

• Bought!! Thank you!!

• Sorry for this probably stupid and obvious question , but how do I upgrade to AB3 exactly. Do I purchase the multi routing in Audiobus 2 ? Audiobus itself doesn't mention 3 anywhere . Maybe it's a separate app altogether but I can't find it on the App Store

• @loopingstar said:
    Sorry for this probably stupid and obvious question , but how do I upgrade to AB3 exactly. Do I purchase the multi routing in Audiobus 2 ? Audiobus itself doesn't mention 3 anywhere . Maybe it's a separate app altogether but I can't find it on the App Store

No worries: Audiobus 3 is a new app. Use this download link.

• @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

• @loopingstar said:
    @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

It always takes quite some time for Apple's search database to be updated.

• @loopingstar said:
    @Sebastian Thanks for the link , wasn't showing up when I searched in the App Store ......I'm too eager I guess

It didn't for me either, but as it is a quite common problem with new apps (before the AppStores are fully updated) I went through the back door or selecting Audiobus 2, click "all apps from this developer" and voila, it is there. :)

• edited April 3

Congrats on the release! However, I am a bit disappointed that I have to purchase this as a new app instead of a free update to Audiobus 2. I think I will watch a few video first before I decide to purchase.

• @hellquist said:

@loopingstar said:

It didn't for me either, but as it is a quite common problem with new apps (before the AppStores are fully updated) I went through the back door or selecting Audiobus 2, click "all apps from this developer" and voila, it is there. :)

Yep, that's how to do it. :D

• Gottit. Thanks, guys!

• @nic_b_nice said:
    Congrats @Sebastian !

Thank you!

• Purchased alongside with midiflow for ab3. @Sebastian is there a list of all the new filter apps that insert like midiflow ?

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Purchased alongside with midiflow for ab3. @Sebastian is there a list of all the new filter apps that insert like midiflow ?

Yes:
    https://audiob.us/apps/midi/filter

• Wow. Seems like I own them all lol. Hope to see more soon :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Wow. Seems like I own them all lol. Hope to see more soon :)

I've just updated our database. StepPolyArp is also compatible.

• Congrats on the release....and thanks for all your hard work

• Congratulations to Gabriel, Michael and Sebastian and I wish you guys great success. I hope AB3 can have the same epochal impact that the original AB did.

Whether it's bringing more producers & musicians to the iOS table, helping to convince developers that iOS music production is truly professional & viable or just making all of us longtime users lives a bit more exciting and creative: AudioBus 3 is a game changer and from the 30 min. I spent with it I can only imagine the stuff this bad boy will allow us all to do.

Just going through the initial settings and things I saw my presets were already there, ready to go. Excellent!

• Thanks for posting my video guys :)

• Congratulations Sebastian, Gabriel and Michael. Really pleased to finally be able to link AC Sabre into Audiobus directly rather than through the dark back alley of CoreMIDI :)
    -HK

• Now that I have ab3 installed can I delete ab2?

• @AirCraftHQ said:
    Congratulations Sebastian, Gabriel and Michael. Really pleased to finally be able to link AC Sabre into Audiobus directly rather than through the dark back alley of CoreMIDI :)
    -HK

Yes. this is really good. The prep-phase has been a bit fiddly. Much better now.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Now that I have ab3 installed can I delete ab2?

After backing up its presets... yeah.

• @Artmuzz said:
    I am a bit disappointed that I have to purchase this as a new app instead of a free update to Audiobus 2.

Yeah, why wouldn't the Audiobus team just give this stuff away?

@AndyPlankton said:
    All your hard work.

Oh, right. That's why. ;)

• Great, bought. 10 bucks is nothing for this work. Thank you!!

• Nice work guys
    You now have my money
    Spend it wisely and keep making my life better