Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

OT: RIP Ikutaro Kakehashi (Roland founder) :-(

edited April 2017 in Other

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/04/01/roland-founder-ikutaro-kakehashi-has-died/

I don't expect this to be an April fool's joke unfortunately...

Comments

• They posted an interview with him on KVR just a couple of weeks ago. At least he lived a long life. RIP, Mr. K.

http://www.kvraudio.com/interviews/dream-into-action-an-interview-with-ikutaro-kakehashi-founder-of-roland-36533

• A legend. The sound of his instruments are probably only second to Leo Fender in terms of total records they've been heard on. Up there anyway. Hope to hear something from Dave Smith about him. He was the first exec to buy into the push for MIDI.

• Oh crap!......... Sad!.......... :'(

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Now officially confirmed. :'(

• Since I was a nipper, many moons ago when I started tinkering with making music in the 80's, Virtually all my gear was Roland/Boss equipment, & if I was still buying hardware it I would still buy Roland Hardware. It was Roland's definitive sound that started the shape of dance music/sound & scene of today..........i.e. The TR series/TB303/ SH series/ MC series, etc.

• Gone to a land of free Jupiter-8s, connected at will to free System 100s, synced to and triggered from an infinite arrays of X0X boxes.

That's one version of my blissful beyond. What brings the blazing amazing with Mr. Kakehashi is that his blissful beyond is most likely filled with new things most of us have never even considered.

I don't actually believe in heaven, per se, but I currently smitten with the idea of Prince and Bowie egging him on to find out what's next.

• Which 808 app to buy in remembrance?