Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anything like Eventide Space on iOS?

I have a ton of Reverbs for iOS, but I have yet to find anything like the Eventide Space or Valhalla Shimmer on the platform. Anyone out there find something to create these vast infinite shimmering spaces on your iPad?

Comments

• The short answer is no. But there is
    Crystalline - Shimmer Reverb Effects Processor by Holderness Media
    https://appsto.re/dk/RGsnZ.i
    This one will get you some of the way imo.
    Or try combining one your reverbs with
    Johnny - Multiwave Tremolo Effects Processor by Holderness Media
    https://appsto.re/dk/AKxy5.i
    At least you migth have a good time tweaking. And who knows what you migth find.
    But Eventide Space is very, very good. And a tad expensive.

• edited March 2017

Thanks for chiming in and the links.

Yeah...kind of knew the answer coming into it...but thought I'd ask anyway. I'm watching AudioDabblers vid, so I think the Feedback and Stacking route will get me something I like. I'll share the progress on this drone reverberating adventure :)

AudiDabbler's vid:
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=R5HwdGq030s&t=165s

• AUFX:Space, even the name is suggesting something ;-)

• edited March 2017

Fabfilter Pro-R in Auria Pro

I also like Virsyn AudioReverb and combining with Feedback delay Network by Amazing Noises, both AU

• Fab Filter Pro R. In fact, it's a full Desktop port, and it's more flexible and powerful than both the Eventide and the Valhalla.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86FrelkIu4

• The downside, of course is that it requires Auria Pro and it's expensive for iOS standards.

• This.....it's incredible.

Reverb - Feedback Delay Network by Amazing Noises
    https://appsto.re/us/tgqQ4.i

• edited March 2017

@theconnactic said:
    Fab Filter Pro R. In fact, it's a full Desktop port, and it's more flexible and powerful than both the Eventide and the Valhalla.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86FrelkIu4

That's a bold statement. :) It looks good...even though I own Auria Pro, I don't really spend much time in it. I use mostly ModStep and Gadget on iOS and move over to Ableton Live on Desktop for finishing.

I wonder why they don't make the Plug-In available as StandAlone on iOS...I'd love to run it in AUM. :) Or, does it magically show up in AUM if purchased through Auria Store?

Thanks!

• I have Pro R on the Desktop and worked with Eventide, and prefer Pro R by far. I don't own it in Auria, but AFAIK it's the same think but five times cheaper.

To use it with AUM, connect both Auria and AUM via AudioBus. Not an easy setup, but doable.

• Thanks.

So far this setup is giving me some nice qualities.

• Aum is fantastic for building huge parallel processed pads. I have also made huge shimmering pads, probably more Strymon Bigsky than Eventide Space, in Audulus.

• edited March 2017

Crystalline is on par with Valhalla shimmer, but to make things really spacy there's a hidden gem in Valhalla's Übermod: the Tape Echo section on high feedback rates > 50%.
    I frequently use it at the end of the chain, often on top of a regular reverb.
    It's an echo algorithm but with 'unusual' parameters (not Space Echo-ish at all) ... impossible to reproduce on any other tape plugin, at least for me.
    Really strange, it just widens up the virtual room and smoothes everything, yet the tone stays well defined.
    Sean Costello (the man behind Valhalla DSP) is very knowledgeable in the reverb domain.
    Imho his native plugins often outperform Eventide's PC versions.

But I wouldn't assume the same on their DSP based units, stomp box or 19".
    People may call the latter outdated and argue with CPU horsepower, but great sound never 'outdates' and algorithms aren't based on power alone.
    Eventide could well use the modern Motorola chips (less current, more juice) in their stomp boxes, thus keeping their original signature sound.

@echoopera said:
    I wonder why they don't make the Plug-In available as StandAlone on iOS...I'd love to run it in AUM. :) Or, does it magically show up in AUM if purchased through Auria Store?

imho that's probably the case. The iVCS3 components (as AU examples) show up in other apps' fx slots even if the synth isn't running.

There are a lot of great reverbs in IOS, but must of them feature a great crystal clear soundprint.
    For my taste an outstanding exception is the AD480, which is more dense with very well defined low mids, that most of the others lack.

• @Telefunky said:
    Crystalline is on par with Valhalla shimmer, but to make things really spacy there's a hidden gem in Valhalla's Übermod: the Tape Echo section on high feedback rates > 50%.
    It's an echo algorithm but with 'unusual' parameters (not Space Echo-ish at all) ... impossible to reproduce on any other tape plugin, at least for me.
    Really strange, it just widens up the virtual room and smoothes everything, yet the tone stays well defined.
    Sean Costello (the man behind Valhalla DSP) is very knowledgeable in the reverb domain.

People may call the latter outdated and argue with CPU horsepower, but great sound never 'outdates' and algorithms aren't based on power alone.
    Eventide could well use the modern Motorola chips (less current, more juice) in their stomp boxes, thus keeping their original signature sound.

@echoopera said:

imho that's probably the case. The iVCS3 components (as AU examples) show up in other apps' fx slots even if the synth isn't running.

There are a lot of great reverbs in IOS, but must of them feature a great crystal clear soundprint.
    For my taste an outstanding exception is the AD480, which is more dense with very well defined low mids, that most of the others lack.

+1,000 Übermod remains as one of the most versatile / most used plugins in my collection. That thing is simply magic and full of surprises always. Would be a glorious thing to see Valhalla port his stuff over to the iOS kingdom.

• @brice said:

@Telefunky said:

@echoopera said:

+1,000 Übermod remains as one of the most versatile / most used plugins in my collection. That thing is simply magic and full of surprises always. Would be a glorious thing to see Valhalla port his stuff over to the iOS kingdom.

I feel like a (tall) hobbit living in the Shire, here fiddling on my ipad with its thatched roof, compared to you multi-various slickers up there on Desktop Hill....most grateful for the bits and bobs you bring us, but I'm always fascinated by your grand tales of where the streets are paved with VSTs and plug-ins beyond number... :)

• Thanks for feedback everyone. Fwiw, I found a Kvr audio post from mr valhalla himself and decided to poke at it. Please visit and poke it some more so we can get him interested. https://kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=364310&p=6744332#p6744332

• And then there's also the new RoomWorks reverb that's included in the new Cubasis 2.1... A solid desktop quality reverb. Not a Space, but still pretty good.

• edited March 2017

Reverb is still THE big hole in iOS.
    (But B2 is by a f....large country mile the best reverb ever and i tryed them all) :p

• edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There's also some good IR reverb tools on IOS.

• edited March 2017
  • @Max23 said:

@cian said:
    There's also some good IR reverb tools on IOS.

But they are all not Au except ivcs3.
    I need to be able to load my IRs and I want to use it in all hosts without having to start all over again ...
    This stuff is so simple to do on a laptop. :/

Took a while for AU to gain momentum, but it seems to be picking up steam now. Hopefully native Audio Unit Extensions support in Audiobus 3 will inspire more developers to quickly get on the ...bus.

• edited March 2017
  • I really like AltiSpace, it's impulse based so you can load up lots of IR data like Teufelsturm. For those who care about recreating older reverbs, it has a lot of simulations in there.

• edited March 2017
  • @Max23 said:
    I really like these
    https://fokkie.home.xs4all.nl/IR.htm
    Have fun!

Aaaaaaaaand there goes my weekend :#

• @Cib said:
    (But B2 is by a f....large country mile the best reverb ever and i tryed them all) :p

B2 sounds intriguing. But what is B2?

• @brice said:

@Cib said:

2C-audio reverb. I agree with Cinibienr. It is the best for sound design / ambient / experimental but you had better have a recent high end CPU if you want to use it. OK on my iMac but my old MacBook Pro tries to run out of the room and hide if I even think about using it.

• I bought a HOF mini pedal for $75cdn

Is that good?

• edited March 2017

@lnikj said:

@brice said:

@Cib said:

2C-audio reverb. I agree with Cinibienr. It is the best for sound design / ambient / experimental but you had better have a recent high end CPU if you want to use it. OK on my iMac but my old MacBook Pro tries to run out of the room and hide if I even think about using it.

Yeah, it´s the bomb for sure! :D
    But i use it also for acoustic things. It can do just everything but my favorite parts are the "625 meter alien ship building halls filled with liquid metal" like effects. It can sound so awesome dense.
    If you turn the oversampling off it´s O.K.
    I can use 10-20 B2`s on my entree speced Macbook Pro 15" from 2013 .
    Funny, i explored it a while ago here in this forum while someone was raving about it. He was right!
    I even would be happy with B2´s little brother called Breeze on iOS (I love Aether too of course).
    The Valhalla reverbs are great and cheap (for desktop plug-ins) but for me they can´t nearly sound so deep and lush like the 2CAudio stuff.
    Of course i already asked a few of my favorite reverb developers if there could be an iOS version.
    I wouldn´t bet on it anytime soon. There is just no market and they won´t sell their top of the line algorithms for a few dollars. I can understand that.
    In the meantime i prefer AudioReverb from Virsyn and AUFX:Space together. But all the iOS reverbs (beside PRO-R maybe, but it can´t do really huge stuff) has that metallic ring and canned like sound with 100% wet (or much more than 50% at least). It´s still a long way to go.
    I think a really high quality reverb is not easy to make and mostly needs lot of cpu (or even multi-core processing).