Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis Sale Supposedly coming up!

The following was posted by Paul Collins in the iPad Musician forums today; if it's true, here's your chance:

Steinberg sale coming up 2nd week of Sept, on al iOS apps, non Cubasis owners take note.

Comments

• Sort of expected after the Auria sale...or maybe it's to celebrate the 1.6 update?
    Might pick it up too...

• edited August 2013

I hope it's at least 50% off like Auria was. Might the timing have something to do with an as of yet unconfirmed Apple event on the 10th?

• edited March 2014

• Excellent! Looks like I'd better clear some space...

• I believe all their apps are going on sale (incl the Audiobus compatible Loopmash, or whatever it's called).

• Hello all,

Yes, special prices will be offer for Cubasis, Cubase iC Pro, LoopMash and LoopMash HD.
    ;)

Best regards,
    GN

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AfxTwn - Loop Marsh has some great sounds but you cannot use your own samples. So it's all Steinberg stuff. It would have been a killer app if it had the ability of importing user sounds. You might like it though so try it.

• But can't you create your own loops by using the snare from that loop, the kick drum from this loop, the hihats from that loop and so on? I have only tried the free iPhone version, so not sure how much control you got over all that stuff..

• yes i will have to check out the app....cant wait

• cubasis seems to be a one stop shop.....yes im also making some room

• edited September 2013

Hello all,

Today is the day! Due to the IFA trade show, pricing on all Steinberg iOS apps will be reduced for a limited time. From September 6-11, 2013, you can take advantage of our sensational iOS apps discounts.

This is your chance to get Cubasis at a special price ;)

EDIT: Sorry! wrong wording, got confused with a different thread.

Cheers,
    GN

• edited September 2013

No it's not! It's not even close to 50%.
    32% to be exact!

• 2/3 of the price, not half.

• @GuillermoNavarrete

Is Cubasis supposed to be 50% of (it´s 30% now)? Just curious if it´s a mistake with the pricing and if you guys are gonna change it down to 50% ?

• Hello Chris,

No, we just mentioned that it will have a special price, but we never said how much.
    The price is going to stay as it is.

Best regards,
    GN

• Thanks Guillermo, I was just wondering cos of your above post ("This is your chance to get Cubasis at half the price"). But I just saw your other thread with the correct pricing for each app. :)

• Hello Chris,

Uuupppsss you are absolutely right!
    My bad I have just corrected it, I was creating another article when posting this and confused the wording.

I have just edited my post to avoid any further confusion, thank you for bringing that up and I apologise for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
    GN

• No problem, lots of stuff going on right now I take it. :)

• Hello,

Yes, at least 6 threads going on Audiobus related to Cubasis or Steinberg products!

Best regards,
    GN

• just purchased cubasis and loving it....awsome

• I know theres audiobus and I have it....but some onboard guitar amps in cubasis would be coooool

• There's is a amp simulator in insert effects.

• edited September 2013

ok cool...thanks
    for the info.....awsome

• Ok, so I've tried Cubasis briefly now. And for $35 bucks I'm quite happy with it, since I know it is a product that is going to see further needed updates. There are some glaring things missing but that I know are coming (like automation). It isn't super stable on iPad 2 (or the mini either I'd guess), and on the couple of crashes I've had the projects has been lost with the crashes. These are things that aren't acceptable on a DAW (even if iOS and RAM is wonky). So it really needs a better background backup system in place that always keeps saving to a backup copy of the project on each change you do, so when it crashes it has the ability to fall back on that snapshot (the snapshot would contain everything except audio files, which should be relocated from the damaged snapshot to the backup snapshot after a crash).

Another feature request I'd love to see implemented is a ... Mod wheel. Also the ability to assign various modulations to the x/y axis on the keyboard (like sliding your finger up or down will change the volume or filter cut off and so on). The ability to slide the keyboard sideways while playing it, a la Nave and various other apps (not talking about the top bar). The ability to switch from keyboard view to a "blade" view with various selectable scales. Basically make it all a lot more expressive. I know automation needs to be implemented for some of these things, but that is coming, right. Cubasis strongest point is the fast, intuitive and fluid interface. Which is way ahead of anything else on iOS at the moment. But the actuall playing, is all really "static" and not really as intuitive as the rest of the app. So I think a priority should be to take that (huge) part of the app and bring it up to the same standard as the rest of the app, so to speak, with all the above mention things.

• I don;t disagree with your appraisal, Chris, but at the same time, I didn't buy Cubasis for the synth.

• I've never had Cubasis crash on my iPad 2, but then I guess an app's stability could disappear down the toilet with any update.

• Eyeballjackson: Me neither. I'm just talking about note input/playing in general. I've barely touched Microlouge.

PaulB: I'm on the latest iOS version for iPad 2. Depends on how much you stress the RAM handling I guess. But either way, having projects deleted isn't acceptable at all. And definitely needs to be looked at. And part of how Cubasis handles a project (that includes project files, data files, audio files etc) needs a work over so a project always, somehow, can be recovered no matter how bad it gets.

• I've likewise had no crashes or lost work with Cubasis on my iPad 2. But yeah, maybe I haven't been stressing the RAM as much?