Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gadget 3.0 Track - Rosario demo - Matt Fletcher 2000

edited March 2017 in Creations

Thought I'd get a bit creative bringing audio into Rosario and playing around.

Here's a short demo track with an Alchemy patch and some ThumbJam Cello playing both put into custom setups in Rosario (chorus, cross delay and some subtle amplification). The great thing about Rosario is it's even really to even automate any of its knobs over time (although I didn't do that in this track).

The lead sounds are Wolfsburg and Chiangmai.

Generally it was fine bringing 2 mins plus of audio files into Rosario - although over one scene change I was getting a weird pop in the audio, which I fixed by a fade in and out of the Alchemy audio at the exact point the scene changed.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm loving the new Gadget possibilities.

Comments

• Like an outtake from the soundtrack to "Until the End of the World" (very high compliment). So you obviously can't record ThumbJam's cello straight into Rosario (because...?). So, what -- you load Gadget and TJ in AUM and then take the TJ stem and feed it back into Rosario?

• Gorgeous!

• edited March 2017

It's as if you've gone from speaking single sentences to reciting a full page. As for the tune, it's from after a Civil War held with the same combatants but somehow (just as sadly) in Jakarta.

Time to sell your house and give away the children Matt.

• Really like this! Just my kind of moody ambiance...

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Like an outtake from the soundtrack to "Until the End of the World" (very high compliment). So you obviously can't record ThumbJam's cello straight into Rosario (because...?). So, what -- you load Gadget and TJ in AUM and then take the TJ stem and feed it back into Rosario?

Thank you.

And yes. ThumbJam > AUM/Audioshare > Gadget (then do the duplicating cells and sliding up the waveform trick to make it span multiple clips).

• Thank you @JohnnyGoodyear @brice @baldguru

Was only a few hours on my iPhone to make this. And to be honest most of that was trying to make sure there were no clicks at the point where the audio files cross scenes. (I still hear a click in one place listening back). This is a bit annoying and I hope Korg resolve it or it's user error on my part.

Another annoying thing connected to this is that they have removed the 'double tap on the yellow bar number to play from this point' in the pianoroll. This used to make it easy just to play the 16th bar and hear the transition to the next clip. Last night I found myself having to listen through 16 bars every time.

But apart from that - yes - it's a big new world out there of much more easily mixing Gadget with all sorts of very nice sounding apps (like ThumbJam and Alchemy).

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:
    Thank you @JohnnyGoodyear @brice @baldguru

Was only a few hours on my iPhone to make this. And to be honest most of that was trying to make sure there were no clicks at the point where the audio files cross scenes. (I still hear a click in one place listening back). This is a bit annoying and I hope Korg resolve it or it's user error on my part.

Another annoying thing connected to this is that they have removed the 'double tap on the yellow bar number to play from this point' in the pianoroll. This used to make it easy just to play the 16th bar and hear the transition to the next clip. Last night I found myself having to listen through 16 bars every time.

But apart from that - yes - it's a big new world out there of much more easily mixing Gadget with all sorts of very nice sounding apps (like ThumbJam and Alchemy).

You've seen that you can use the markers at the top to only play a section? Or were you having to play through in full sections view?

• Another annoying thing connected to this is that they have removed the 'double tap on the yellow bar number to play from this point' in the pianoroll. This used to make it easy just to play the 16th bar and hear the transition to the next clip. Last night I found myself having to listen through 16 bars every time.

@Matt_Fletcher_2000
    they haven't removed the double tap play thing.. its just a bit more fiddly as you have to hit that bar label bar and not the new bar selection bar above... but i notice that if you have some bars selected to play you have to actually double tap within those for it to play if you don't have that particular section up it won't do anything..
    the main annoyance is that now the press bar one and bar 8 simultaneously to zoom out works a bit too sensitively at the moment, makes it even more fiddly than before.. bug?
    better news is that you can get maybe 10 bars of the 16 rather than the previous 8 zoomed now.. perhaps they were aiming for the whole 16 like the mac version but got tackled before the goal line?

• @Jocphone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

You've seen that you can use the markers at the top to only play a section? Or were you having to play through in full sections view?

Thanks - but the problem with this method is that if the scene is 16 bars (other clips make it so) then if you set the loop points in the clip you are working in to be just bar 16 - all it does is loop around bar 16 for 16 loops before moving onto the next scene. So it's no help at all listening out for clicks on transitions between scenes (which i'm finding is a bit of an issue with the new audio tracks). (You have to be very careful to have the audio waves exactly lined up from scene to scene.)

• edited March 2017

@RockySmalls said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000
    they haven't removed the double tap play thing.. its just a bit more fiddly as you have to hit that bar label bar and not the new bar selection bar above... but i notice that if you have some bars selected to play you have to actually double tap within those for it to play if you don't have that particular section up it won't do anything..
    the main annoyance is that now the press bar one and bar 8 simultaneously to zoom out works a bit too sensitively at the moment, makes it even more fiddly than before.. bug?
    better news is that you can get maybe 10 bars of the 16 rather than the previous 8 zoomed now.. perhaps they were aiming for the whole 16 like the mac version but got tackled before the goal line?

This is good news indeed. Thanks.

But... what? How do you do it? Where do you need to double tap now?

EDIT: Oh - right - i've got it!!!!

It's below the new 'loop points' thing. (I thought it was the yellow bit above it, but I was wrong). It's probably always been there - just me forgetting.

Phew... That would have saved me a good hour or so of listening through time last night!

@RockySmalls said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000

This is good news indeed. Thanks.

But... what? How do you do it? Where do you need to double tap now?

EDIT: Oh - right - i've got it!!!!

It's below the new 'loop points' thing. (I thought it was the yellow bit above it, but I was wrong). It's probably always been there - just me forgetting.

Phew... That would have saved me a good hour or so of listening through time last night!

And this doesn't appear to work on the Mac version - strangely. They use that strip for allowing you to click and drag to zoom in. (Works on iOS though)

• ah good, you found it... was just about to attempt a description without resorting to screen grabs... never a good idea.

• (I still hear a click in one place listening back).

Just rectified this. When zoomed right in I found that the start and finish markers where audio spanned the scene were a couple of miliseconds out. Aligning them fixes it - but this seems to keep happening (aligned audio gets nudged out of alignment - perhaps with my fat fingers zooming and doing things to the clips on my iphone.

A bit fiddly though... Although i'm sure i'll get better at it.

But apart from that - it's really very nice to have long sequences of audio (any audio) straight into Gadget.

@Jocphone said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

Thanks - but the problem with this method is that if the scene is 16 bars (other clips make it so) then if you set the loop points in the clip you are working in to be just bar 16 - all it does is loop around bar 16 for 16 loops before moving onto the next scene. So it's no help at all listening out for clicks on transitions between scenes (which i'm finding is a bit of an issue with the new audio tracks). (You have to be very careful to have the audio waves exactly lined up from scene to scene.)

Ah I see yes, probably easier to chop accurately in audioshare?

• That sounds like something you'd hear on a Game of Thrones soundtrack. I was actually picturing one of the many montage sequences that show has ever staged, like a battle or something, as I was listening to this. That's really cool. Great job!

• Very nice matt. Having an equal time with clicks here and there. Not too bad and u can automate a quick fade between scenes and wash ober that with a bit of reverb. Anyways. No complaints from me.

• Nice work on that piece Matt, and glad you're having some success with the audio import method; for now it's too fiddly for me to use but I'm not complaining and think I'll get around to using it at some point. I have had success recording an external keyboard, seems like the scene transitions are pretty smooth...no glitches yet.

• @Paulyboy said:
    That sounds like something you'd hear on a Game of Thrones soundtrack. I was actually picturing one of the many montage sequences that show has ever staged, like a battle or something, as I was listening to this. That's really cool. Great job!

Thanks!

• @TozBourne said:
    Nice work on that piece Matt, and glad you're having some success with the audio import method; for now it's too fiddly for me to use but I'm not complaining and think I'll get around to using it at some point. I have had success recording an external keyboard, seems like the scene transitions are pretty smooth...no glitches yet.

Thanks that's very kind.

I haven't tried actually recording any audio directly in yet. Good to hear it's not glitching between scenes.

I'm thinking that a Gadget for Mac plus ipad/iphone set-up would be ideal for recording from apps since I could just USB in any audio from the iOS device and see what was happening in gadget at the same time.

• That's lovely.

• @lovadamusic said:
    That's lovely.

Thanks - that's very kind of you.