Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Very interesting thoughts from tom fletcher (producer)

Comments

• Thanks for the share, Flo. It was an interesting trip down memory lane with some good advice along the way.

The advice that most resonated with me was letting go and writing for yourself instead of worrying about making a hit, and committing to a sound.

While I do believe there is a magic that happens with a band that gels and can feed off of one another, there are a lot of downsides to being in a band and being on a record label, too. Whether one or two producers can produce music "as good" is a matter of opinion, I suppose.

I <3 rock music, but it has been in commercial decline for some time now. It's just the cycle of things, and not because of computers.

• @flo26 said:

Thanks for posting. I watched the video and it's quite good. I liked when he talked about Yes. Jon Anderson was jokingly called Napoleon sometimes because he got mad at the band members because he wanted to practice more instead of being a rock star! Oh course they did because look at what they produced at their peaks! Amazing music. Ken Hensley of Uriah Heep said his two favorite Uriah Heep albums were Demons and Wizards and Magicians' Birthday. He liked the fact that the record company gave them tons of time to perfect these albums. Times have changed. Kate Bush has said that often she likes her rough demos more than the finished songs because there's a live magical quality to them. There might be some imperfect moments here and there but the demo has captured something special. She has also lamented the current state of music that complete album concepts are not being enjoyed by buyers of music as much because of digital downloads etc.... A person might like only one or two songs from many albums and artists and listen to them shuffled on their devices therefore often missing out on the complete album experience. Holding an album in your hands while listening
    Do what you love, practice, enjoy the process, always be willing to learn

• Kate Bush has said that often she likes her rough demos more than the finished songs because there's a live magical quality to them. There might be some imperfect moments here and there but the demo has captured something special. She has also lamented the current state of music that complete album concepts are not being enjoyed by buyers of music as much because of digital downloads etc.... A person might like only one or two songs from many albums and artists and listen to them shuffled on their devices therefore often missing out on the complete album experience. Holding an album in your hands while listening
    Do what you love, practice, enjoy the process, always be willing to learn

This is one of the reasons I like to setup a pattern on whichever device I'm using and live mute/play on top. You will get something you don't get if you program everything. And I also lament the concept album. I have still tried to do that as I love them.

I have found that if I ever try to "force" my style or try to hard to fit into a genre I just make crap, whereas if I just follow my muse it comes out much better.