Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

just launched LooptunesDJ

2»

Comments

• @tja said:
    I did not do much with Loops, but I have Blocs Wave, Launchpad, Remixlive and ReSlice, and if that counts BeatMaker 3.

Would you say, that LooptunesDJ adds something to my existing arsenal, so that I should purchase it?

Can you play keys of the samples live with any of those?

Do any of those allow a DJ decks PLUS the grid loop system?

Do all of them have MIDI integration?

Looptunes is a 1st rate app.

There is a lot you can do with it more.

Plus the Fx suite is super quality.

• Sounds like I should get it.
    Thanks a bunch

• Quality app, the developer has gone a little quiet of late though, Lets hope it isn't more quality software not getting enough sales to move forward.

• edited January 2018

@tja said:
    Sounds like I should get it.
    Thanks a bunch

• @sonicreef said:
    yes, you can load songs from you iTunes library. Supports NI stems as well.

>

Arghhhhhh. Everyone hates iTunes with a vengeance. How about making this able to load from NAS drives?

• @Zen210507 said:

@sonicreef said:
    yes, you can load songs from you iTunes library. Supports NI stems as well.

>

Arghhhhhh. Everyone hates iTunes with a vengeance. How about making this able to load from NAS drives?

I’m getting that sense :smile: I’m looking at fixing that.

• @Samplemunch said:
    Quality app, the developer has gone a little quiet of late though, Lets hope it isn't more quality software not getting enough sales to move forward.

I have big plans for 2018, time permitting.

• Will get it!
    ;)

• edited January 2018

@Samplemunch said:
    Quality app, the developer has gone a little quiet of late though...

I presume you mean here on the forum, because sonicreef have been consistently updating their apps.

• @sonicreef said:

@Samplemunch said:
    Quality app, the developer has gone a little quiet of late though, Lets hope it isn't more quality software not getting enough sales to move forward.

I have big plans for 2018, time permitting.

Great to hear :)

• @sonicreef I just got LooptunesDJ last week. It was fun to mess with the included soundpacks to test out it's features. The huge surprise was the midi implementation. I was able to connect this to my controller damn quickly. The big issue for me is can not use this this for what I wanted; importing wave files via audioshare. While the feature is there, it hangs and crashes randomly. the app LP5 (a known launchpad alternative) has audioshare integration SOLID! There is no hanging, no issues. It's dead simple with no worry. LP5 is a much smaller app that does not have the cool midi features as looptunes.

I posted about this on iPad Musician forum on facebook and on youtube. One user talked about how they liked the step sequencer but stated it crashes a lot.

@sonicreef please address these issues before you do anything else and fix all the crashes. You have what I think will be an awesome app but it's still a one star until you get that audioshare working with no headaches. BTW, I don't care to use itunes...not part of my work flow.

Here is a youtube video of what I have been running into:

• @SMKArtist said:
    @sonicreef I just got LooptunesDJ last week. It was fun to mess with the included soundpacks to test out it's features. The huge surprise was the midi implementation. I was able to connect this to my controller damn quickly. The big issue for me is can not use this this for what I wanted; importing wave files via audioshare. While the feature is there, it hangs and crashes randomly. the app LP5 (a known launchpad alternative) has audioshare integration SOLID! There is no hanging, no issues. It's dead simple with no worry. LP5 is a much smaller app that does not have the cool midi features as looptunes.

I posted about this on iPad Musician forum on facebook and on youtube. One user talked about how they liked the step sequencer but stated it crashes a lot.

@sonicreef please address these issues before you do anything else and fix all the crashes. You have what I think will be an awesome app but it's still a one star until you get that audioshare working with no headaches. BTW, I don't care to use itunes...not part of my work flow.

Yes absolutely spot on. Not only that- in LP-5 you can slide the imported sample to rename, delete or ‘open in’..... and it hosts you own choice of effects which you can very rapidly switch and return to- so there is no interruption to your flow. I am liking it a lot- having had it for a few days now. It’s hard to find any fault with it. Looptunes is a great concept- and it would make a good Link partner IF it gets this AudioShare issue sorted out- until then- I feel like I have wasted my money on it- this problem renders it almost useless to me as I only use my own loops etc.

• @robosardine said:

@SMKArtist said:
    @sonicreef I just got LooptunesDJ last week. It was fun to mess with the included soundpacks to test out it's features. The huge surprise was the midi implementation. I was able to connect this to my controller damn quickly. The big issue for me is can not use this this for what I wanted; importing wave files via audioshare. While the feature is there, it hangs and crashes randomly. the app LP5 (a known launchpad alternative) has audioshare integration SOLID! There is no hanging, no issues. It's dead simple with no worry. LP5 is a much smaller app that does not have the cool midi features as looptunes.

Yes absolutely spot on. Not only that- in LP-5 you can slide the imported sample to rename, delete or ‘open in’..... and it hosts you own choice of effects which you can very rapidly switch and return to- so there is no interruption to your flow. I am liking it a lot- having had it for a few days now. It’s hard to find any fault with it. Looptunes is a great concept- and it would make a good Link partner IF it gets this AudioShare issue sorted out- until then- I feel like I have wasted my money on it- this problem renders it almost useless to me as I only use my own loops etc.

Alright @sonicreef was extremely helpful in email. the issue with loading loops via audioshare was handled by In the Settings, set background audio to active. No more issues. There is a plan to fix this issue, but it is recommended to set background audio to on while importing from audioshare.

• @SMKArtist said:

@robosardine said:

@SMKArtist said:

Alright @sonicreef was extremely helpful in email. the issue with loading loops via audioshare was handled by In the Settings, set background audio to active. No more issues. There is a plan to fix this issue, but it is recommended to set background audio to on while importing from audioshare.

Yes this is also true- it is a workaround and it completes the task very smoothly- better than I expected to be honest. It restores it’s functionality for own loop users. Would like to see it fixed as soon as possible though- it will be quicker, easier and more convenient to have a user library.
    And yes Peter responded to each of my emails- so quality customer service from that aspect too.