Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Self-a-Fuzz - new distortion effect.

The last news about Deregulator was just a prelude :)
Today become live in store my second app - Self-a-Fuzz.
Hope you like distortion, especially the dirtiest ones.
Full description you’ll find in store and on my updated site.
READ MANUAL! ashshaosh.ru/self-a-fuzz/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/self-a-fuzz/id1028246438?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• edited March 2017

I am REALLY fascinated by this one, but a bit timid due to the stern warning of complexity. It almost reads as a challenge though. ;)

Deregulator was one of the first mangling apps I bought. I loved it then, and I'm thrilled it was updated and now works with AUM, etc. So, the sensibility of mayhem has me enticed for this one. Just not sure if I'm up for the challenge.

It does have some random buttons, so I might have to give this one a spin. The app logo graphic design isn't nearly as nice as the rest of the UI design though. I know that shouldn't matter, but if it were my app, I'd make that app logo look more similar to SAF's actual UI graphics.

I'm not completely sold on this level of distortion though. However, I did listen to some of the other demo tracks and it sounds like you can tame this down to a palatable level of chaos if you wish. The demo using Xynthesizr sounded good to me.

• I agree and I'm intrigued too by this. I don't normally use distortion much but I like the look of this. However Moebius lab covers a fair bit of noise making in this area but i'd like to hear some more demos.

• @skiphunt said:
    I am REALLY fascinated by this one, but a bit timid due to the stern warning of complexity. It almost reads as a challenge though. ;)

Deregulator was one of the first mangling apps I bought. I loved it then, and I'm thrilled it was updated and now works with AUM, etc. So, the sensibility of mayhem has me enticed for this one. Just not sure if I'm up for the challenge.

It does have some random buttons, so I might have to give this one a spin. The app logo graphic design isn't nearly as nice as the rest of the UI design though. I know that shouldn't matter, but if it were my app, I'd make that app logo look more similar to SAF's actual UI graphics.

Thank you for support! Read manual carefully and be free to ask me anything. Hope to make some video soon, but not promise. App icon is part of metaphor about what's going on.

Look at it's loading screen. One hand grabs where is filters controls is placed. Second hand beats itself with a hammer - where Overdrive part is set.

saf.jpg 343.2K
  • @ashshaoshDaa said:

@skiphunt said:

Thank you for support! Read manual carefully and be free to ask me anything. Hope to make some video soon, but not promise. App icon is part of metaphor about what's going on.

Look at it's loading screen. One hand grabs where is filters controls is placed. Second hand beats itself with a hammer - where Overdrive part is set.

Yes, I get it. But the style of your app has mostly a 3D, soft, lava flow, metal, rounded look. And the logo is a cartoony look. It's not important but I might like your bizarre noisy one better.

I'm going to check out the manual for sure. I may buy this anyway, even if I don't know if the distortion is too much for me. The potential complex controls of the noise and chaos is appealing for some reason.

• "Beats itself with a hammer"
    Love it!

• @ashshaoshDaa the presets with mutonic in them don't produce sound and anytime the mutonic knob is turned up, the app produces no sound.

• @InfoCheck said:
    @ashshaoshDaa the presets with mutonic in them don't produce sound and anytime the mutonic knob is turned up, the app produces no sound.

More information. Looks like other people haven't that problem.
    Usually Mutonic needed some switches to be enabled in Settings view. Check them up, maybe it have nothing to work with.

• @ashshaoshDaa said:

@InfoCheck said:
    @ashshaoshDaa the presets with mutonic in them don't produce sound and anytime the mutonic knob is turned up, the app produces no sound.

Usually Mutonic needed some switches to be enabled in Settings view. Check them up, maybe it have nothing to work with.

Adding some more switches enabled for Mutonic in the settings worked, thank you.

• @InfoCheck said:

@ashshaoshDaa said:

@InfoCheck said:

Adding some more switches enabled for Mutonic in the settings worked, thank you.

Whew! Was looking forward to maybe rolling the dice on this one later tonight. :)

• @InfoCheck said:

Great :)
    As was said - read manual - this one not easy horse to rule :)

• edited March 2017

This is how I like my fuzz. So dirty.

I'm game.

My favorite fuzziness: wait for it...

• @FlightManual said:
    This is how I like my fuzz. So dirty.

I'm game.

My favorite fuzziness: wait for it...

Thanks for sharing, i'll embedded this in my examples page.

• Thanks for the manual! Very well done and very useful.
    Love the idea behing this app!

• @flo26 said:
    Thanks for the manual! Very well done and very useful.
    Love the idea behing this app!

Thank you, glad to read about positive experience :)

• @ashshaoshDaa said:

@InfoCheck said:

I read the manual and as you say there are a lot of parts to the app to try and understand. I missed this aspect. I think the manual would benefit from an edit by someone more familiar with English as it was frequently difficult to understand what you meant.

Alternatively even some videos of the app in action where you manipulate some sounds would be helpful.

• @InfoCheck said:

@ashshaoshDaa said:

@InfoCheck said:

I read the manual and as you say there are a lot of parts to the app to try and understand. I missed this aspect. I think the manual would benefit from an edit by someone more familiar with English as it was frequently difficult to understand what you meant.

Alternatively even some videos of the app in action where you manipulate some sounds would be helpful.

This is all true. I working on to bring some useful video and understand it's importance. Difficult of understanding is main reason i still not in bad - replying to messages :)

• edited March 2017

I. Am. Interested.

Will seek out more info now then head for the buy button.
    Bought it. Least amount of time I've spent researching before spending this amount in iOS. Something about it speaks to me. (Have t tried it yet though ;) )

• Am i the only one who is craving donuts now?

• @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Am i the only one who is craving donuts now?

+1

• Took a gamble on this one. Read the manual, experimented for 2hrs... Completely lost and no clue. I can manipulate the internal sounds somewhat, but quickly lose sound. I can't figure out how to use this as an effect on other sounds via AUM sending signal into it in fx slot.

Looked at manual again, and am still completely lost. Hitting random presets I get no sound. Might have a go again tomorrow, but without a demo video showing the basics, I might have to throw in the towel on this one.

• edited March 2017

@ashshaoshDaa
    Well...the interface won't scale properly on iPad Pro 12.9"

And more important: is it possible to change the sound drastically? It seems to me that whatever I do the sound won't change at all.

EDIT: it was a digital output issue: I was using the lightning to mini jack adapter and there was a conversion issue(also with Deregulator). But then I'm not able to make SAF to emit any sound.

• @skiphunt said:
    Took a gamble on this one. Read the manual, experimented for 2hrs... Completely lost and no clue. I can manipulate the internal sounds somewhat, but quickly lose sound. I can't figure out how to use this as an effect on other sounds via AUM sending signal into it in fx slot.

Looked at manual again, and am still completely lost. Hitting random presets I get no sound. Might have a go again tomorrow, but without a demo video showing the basics, I might have to throw in the towel on this one.

Message me your setup. Loosing sound didn't looks good.> @mschenkel.it said:

mschenkel.it said:
    @ashshaoshDaa
    Well...the interface won't scale properly on iPad Pro 12.9"

Yes, thank you. Update needed :)

And more important: is it possible to change the sound drastically? It seems to me that whatever I do the sound won't change at all.

EDIT: it was a digital output issue: I was using the lightning to mini jack adapter and there was a conversion issue(also with Deregulator). But then I'm not able to make SAF to emit any sound.

This is important finding. PM me your setup too. Lets talk in details :)
    This conversion issue appears when you change main device output on the fly?
    After restart app still have this problem?

I want to invite both of you to beta test-team. If you have troubles with the sound its bad.

• As soon as mutonic is i volved,sound stops,even if i trigg switches in settings page?
    Maybe something i'm missing?
    Same behaviour with randomisation.

• @flo26 said:
    As soon as mutonic is i volved,sound stops,even if i trigg switches in settings page?
    Maybe something i'm missing?
    Same behaviour with randomisation.

Not all users experience troubles, i stop selling app for now and dig deep to investigate this.
    Looks like we have some troubles in some cases.
    Now i assemble serious beta-test team.
    Would you like to join?
    PM me your e-mail.

• It worked one time yesterday.since then,nothing.
    I'm far from being the best beta tester.lol.
    I'm sure you'll find someone more qulilified than me for this job.
    Oh and..great app!!

• Has his been pulled? Was just listening to the demo thread by @flo26 and thought I would give it a try.

• Yes it was removed yesterday to solve big bugs.
    I also wait his return in the store. Want it too...

• A really fantastic app! Love it!

• edited March 2017

Ah, that's why I could not find it.

• @ashshaoshDaa it is saying that it's not available in my country (Brazil)