Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason iOS?

I thought this might deserve an own thread. Maybe it´s just damn rumours, then i´m sorry.
It´s in swedish (i think) and it seems there is something cooking up......maybe.....
http://studio.idg.se/2.1078/1.678945/intervju-reason-slapps-som-mobil-app
Maybe people who better understand it can say if they really plan an iOS Reason?

Comments

• edited March 2017

I think there was a blurb about Reason coming to iOS a while back, or at least something about them hiring iOS developers. As for this article, courtesy of Google Translate:

"That's right, we are working to release the Reason as an app, but I can not at present say exactly when that is done, says Ernst Nathorst-Boos.

He explains that Propellerhead not have the ambition to develop Reason exactly as it works on computers and translate it directly into touch-screens.

No, we have realized over the years that musicians and producers who use Reason has strong feelings about just our program, and then you have to do it the right way, so that the experience is the right one to several different kinds of screens, says Ernst Nathorst- Boos. "

• Instant buy if this ever gonna happen. I got a lot of Rex files and some old songs waiting for this.

• Sweet as !

• Ha, that sounds very promising!

• Would you all pay the same price as the desktop version for it though?

• @Tarekith said:
    Would you all pay the same price as the desktop version for it though?

Nope, definitely not. And I don't have the desktop version either.

• @Tarekith said:
    Would you all pay the same price as the desktop version for it though?

If it does exactly what the desktop version does or better, then I would consider it.

• I wouldn't I have reason and a balance for the mac and never use it. The Balance is pretty good though.

• "Just give me a reason
    Just a little bit's enough"

• Reason does not even support multi touch PC monitors. I doubt it will be ported into iOS ,at least not for 2-3 years....

• Maybe they'll have all the Figure stuff in there. I found out that developed an add on for Reason that was basically that, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. And they have to have realized by now how much people love that

• Has anyone tried the Allihoopa app Soundtrap yet?
    https://allihoopa.com/apps/soundtrap

It's kinda freemium so I've stayed away from it...

• @Samu sure doesn't look worth 94 dollars which is what one of the IAPs cost.

• I would gladly pay whatever price for this. This would be great.

• I read Swedish, what he is saying is that they ARE developing Reason as an app, but will not be a copy of the desktop version, but something that better fits the mobile platform (so it can be anything) he doesn't give any hint at when it will be released either.

But considering KORG just released Gadget on the desktop, fully compatible with their iOS version, Propellorheads have something to live up to if they take the Reason brand to iOS.

• edited March 2017

@Peter321 said:
    I read Swedish, what he is saying is that they ARE developing Reason as an app, but will not be a copy of the desktop version, but something that better fits the mobile platform (so it can be anything) he doesn't give any hint at when it will be released either.

But considering KORG just released Gadget on the desktop, fully compatible with their iOS version, Propellorheads have something to live up to if they take the Reason brand to iOS.

Sounds like they are being smart and actually plan to take advantage of the touchscreen. Honestly if it was nothing more than Figure with 8 to 16 tracks I'd be thrilled

• @Samu said:
    Has anyone tried the Allihoopa app Soundtrap yet?
    https://allihoopa.com/apps/soundtrap

It's kinda freemium so I've stayed away from it...

I was looking at online music makers for my Chromebook and ran across that site, but it's a monthly subscription to go beyond the basics. The $94 IAP would be a yearly subscription, I assume.

• @Korakios said:
    Reason does not even support multi touch PC monitors. I doubt it will be ported into iOS ,at least not for 2-3 years....

That sounds very pessimistic. I hope it'll be sooner than that. If Thor is an indicator of the way they intend to port things to iOS it should be a very appealing piece of software and tough competition for gadget, beat maker, beathawk etc.

• @Peter321 said:
    I read Swedish, what he is saying is that they ARE developing Reason as an app, but will not be a copy of the desktop version, but something that better fits the mobile platform (so it can be anything) he doesn't give any hint at when it will be released either.

Thanks for reading/translating.

• Maybe if we cross our legs, close our eyes and inhale the smell of our undergarments whilst humming all at the same time- it will arrive real soon

• @Munibeast said:

@Korakios said:
    Reason does not even support multi touch PC monitors. I doubt it will be ported into iOS ,at least not for 2-3 years....

That sounds very pessimistic. I hope it'll be sooner than that. If Thor is an indicator of the way they intend to port things to iOS it should be a very appealing piece of software and tough competition for gadget, beat maker, beathawk etc.

I would hope for better, as Thor has never been stable on my iPad Air2 :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@Munibeast said:

@Korakios said:

Did you contact support about that?

• edited March 2017

"That's right, we are working to release the Reason as an app, but I cannot at present say exactly when that is done" He explains that Propellerhead not have the ambition to develop Reason exactly as it works on computers and traslate it directly into touch-screens."I'm not certain that Reason comes to Android, but we are recruiting right now developers who are experts in the plattform and will explore the possibilities carefully"
    Reason will come to iOS.

• @Munibeast said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@Munibeast said:

@Korakios said:

Did you contact support about that?

Yep. Even some here can't replicate the problem. Tried everything and simply given up after two years of trying.

• Huge paradigm shift if this ever happens. With what else we have available it will surely seal the fate of all "IOS vs desktop" debates.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Huge paradigm shift if this ever happens. With what else we have available it will surely seal the fate of all "IOS vs desktop" debates.

Surely you jest. That debate will carry on for as long as both exist, much like PC vs Mac, Amps vs Amp Sims, and Boxers vs Briefs.

• @Munibeast said:

@Korakios said:

I hope too :) . It's just Thor never actually evolved over the last years and Reason is way bigger and more complicated than just one synth.

• I would expect something similar to Reason Essentials with less sample based sounds.

• @Telstar5 said:
    Huge paradigm shift if this ever happens. With what else we have available it will surely seal the fate of all "IOS vs desktop" debates.

Not really but i see it anyway more like iOS AND desktop there is no vs. They are totally different workflows and no one could ever replace the other one. Doesn´t make sense.
    But if they are playing better together because you get mainly the same tools it will be better for sure.

• I'm telling you all they have to do is 16 tracks of Figure with additional presets, panning, and song mode/way to string patterns together. Thats a dead simple concept, proven, and would be a killer app. But I doubt this will happen because it'd be too much fun and we can't have that.