Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Deregulator is back.

Hello, musicians!
I update Deregulator and fixed some bugs.
For today my planes for this app is still here, landscape view is in development.
Later tonight a surprise awaits you :)
Stay tuned.

Comments

• If anyone is confused, Deregulator is a cool little FX unit that hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Nice to see it will live on.

http://audiob.us/get/701/Deregulator

Welcome back, Savelii!

• @telecharge said:
    If anyone is confused, Deregulator is a cool little FX unit that hasn't been updated in a couple of years. Nice to see it will live on.

http://audiob.us/get/701/Deregulator

Welcome back, Savelii!

Thank you :) usually it's was without update ~half of the year :)
    In case of needed examples there is SC playlist with recordings.

• Here is a track i have done years ago with this app.
    This app can really achieve crazy things.

• Thanks for the update Savelii! I'm gonna have to give your app another go. Also really enjoyed Somewhere in the west flo26, keep it up!
    Wishing you all the best :smile:

• edited March 2017

@ashshaoshDaa said:
    Hello, musicians!
    For today my planes for this app is still here, landscape view is in development.
    Stay tuned.

GOOD STUFF! (Would love landscape.....)

• @ashshaoshDaa said:
    Hello, musicians!
    Stay tuned.

Noticed this update last night after updating to 10.3. Was really tired but had to give this fresh version a spin. Actually works in AUM now. Sweet!

• Hope there any plans for an AUv3 version :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Hope there any plans for an AUv3 version :)

I hope too :)

• @ashshaoshDaa said:
    In case of needed examples there is SC playlist with recordings.

I've not listened to the entire playlist, but the Guitarism to Deregulator with Audiobus is my favorite so far. On a related note, I'm happy to see @Rhism back in the game, too.

Nice of you to repost Flo's contribution.

• Deregulator was one of my first weird manglers. When it got unstable, didn't work in AUM at all, was sketchy in AB for the most part too, I was really disappointed. And, annoyed it was never updated despite obvious bugs.

When there was first talk of apps on the 32bit chopping block, I was certain Deregulator might be the first in line to go.

Now that it's updated and I've had a good play with it again, soooo glad it's back!!!! I would totally buy this all over again. It's cool to feed stuff into it as an effect, but even cooler to use it for live recordings.

• Doesn't work well on my iPad 2 10.2 ,buggy as hell (no sound at all ) in audiobus and aum though it looks like a good effect.Am I alone ?

• @grego68 said:
    Doesn't work well on my iPad 2 10.2 ,buggy as hell (no sound at all ) in audiobus and aum though it looks like a good effect.Am I alone ?

iPad 3 is minimum for comfort working. Newer - better.
    iPhone 4s on iOS 8 was not so cool.
    You launched it on iPad 2 with iOS 10.
    Not so good setup, unfortunately.

• edited March 2017

Air 2 sorry .It works at the beginning and crashes when I load presets .I am deregulated ;)

• @grego68 said:
    Air 2 sorry .It works at the beginning and crashes when I load presets .I am deregulated ;)

This is sad. Did you allowed using of microphone input?
    I'll test it with Air2 when reach one.

• I think the "trick" with this app is that you have to pull that limiter down, and also pull that input/output levels down... very gingerly add a little by little, or you can easily throw the output into clipping, audio shutdown.

Going to play some more, but for my Air 2, it's MUCH better than before and much more manageable. Have not had a full hot output melt-down yet, but it got close I think.

• Nice, but the app store says i need to buy it again. Any advice how to download without paying twice ?

• It works well in standalone with mic yes.i have issues in aum and ab.

• @skiphunt said:
    I think the "trick" with this app is that you have to pull that limiter down, and also pull that input/output levels down... very gingerly add a little by little, or you can easily throw the output into clipping, audio shutdown.

Going to play some more, but for my Air 2, it's MUCH better than before and much more manageable. Have not had a full hot output melt-down yet, but it got close I think.

This is right. Limiter can drop the sound in case it's out of control.

• @Proto said:
    Nice, but the app store says i need to buy it again. Any advice how to download without paying twice ?

This is good question for AppStore support :)

• @ashshaoshDaa said:

@Proto said:
    Nice, but the app store says i need to buy it again. Any advice how to download without paying twice ?

This is good question for AppStore support :)

Thanks, i will send them an email and hope they put it back on the app history list.

• @skiphunt said:

Could you just download the app or did you need to purchase it again ?

• edited March 2017

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Just showed up like regular update. Same for iPad & iPhone

EDIT: I just checked my account recent purchases info via iTunes and it doesn't show a new charge for anything. Just updated like usual.

• @skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

EDIT: I just checked my account recent purchases info via iTunes and it doesn't show a new charge for anything. Just updated like usual.

Lucky you :). I also checked everything twice including the hidden purchases, but apple just removed it from the history list. Just sended an email waiting for an answer. Thanks.

• edited March 2017

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Lucky you :). I also checked everything twice including the hidden purchases, but apple just removed it from the history list. Just sended an email waiting for an answer. Thanks.

Where are "hidden purchases"? I still have the same account balance that I had yesterday, so I must not have been charged again. I bought Deregulator maybe a year and a half ago.

Just checked my account and it shows my last 2 purchases being about a week ago. Nothing since other than a free redeem code purchase.

EDIT: Never mind... just googled it. I have no "Hidden Purchases"

• @skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Where are "hidden purchases"? I still have the same account balance that I had yesterday, so I must not have been charged again. I bought it maybe a year and a half ago.

Open ITunes and go to "account" - "show my account" and login with your apple id. Next you need to scroll down till you see 'hidden purchases". You can see all your apps you have purchased from the first time you started to use ios or restore your hidden purchases.

(Not sure if i translated this correctly because im using a dutch language version of itunes.)

• @Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Where are "hidden purchases"? I still have the same account balance that I had yesterday, so I must not have been charged again. I bought it maybe a year and a half ago.

Open ITunes and go to "account" - "show my account" and login with your apple id. Next you need to scroll down till you see 'hidden purchases". You can see all your apps you have purchased from the first time you started to use ios or restore your hidden purchases.

(Not sure if i translated this correctly because im using a dutch language version of itunes.)

Yes, as I mentioned before... I have no hidden purchases. I have no new purchases. I downloaded Deregulator as a regular update. I was not charged anything.

• @skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Yes, as I mentioned before... I have no hidden purchases. I have no new purchases. I downloaded Deregulator as a regular update. I was not charged anything.

Could also be that you never deleted the app from your device and it was recognized as "purchased" when the app added to the app store again. Weird, but thanks for letting me know.

• edited March 2017

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

Could also be that you never deleted the app from your device and it was recognized as "purchased" when the app added to the app store again. Weird, but thanks for letting me know.

Possibly. And you are correct, I've never deleted Deregulator from my devices. Always had high hopes it'd be updated one day, but I had given up waiting, until the the update yesterday. Was a pleasant surprise.

Are you in Europe, or somewhere other than the U.S.? I'm only asking because it seems that peeps in other countries have issues with the app store far more often than I have ever had here in the U.S. Honestly, I can't remember having any issues at all with the iTune's app store accounting.

• @skiphunt said:
    I think the "trick" with this app is that you have to pull that limiter down, and also pull that input/output levels down... very gingerly add a little by little, or you can easily throw the output into clipping, audio shutdown.

It works for me as an effect in AUM on an iPad Air 2. My experience is similar with respect to needing a limiter. I tend to use an external limiter with the app as well just to make sure my ears don't get inadvertently blasted by relying upon Deregulator's own built-in limiter. If the built-in limiter is too low, you will have no sound either. Definitely proceed with caution as Deregulator is true to its name and has extensive feedback routings that can get out of control.

• Reinstall time.
    Thanks