Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Should I buy new gadgets on sale?

If so which? I am still without Lexington, Milpitas, Kamata and iM1 and am contemplating while they're on sale.

Comments

• lexington is grade a. If you like analog synths u should get it. Milpitas, kamata and m1 i don't care for, when that type of sound was in vogue i hated synths, even though i have always besn mostly a keyboard player i swore off synths and only played electric pianos and organs.

• The Odyssey is the third-best synth on iPad. Get that one

• @oat_phipps said:
    The Odyssey is the third-best synth on iPad. Get that one

model 15, odyssey and which other one?

• @vpich said:

@oat_phipps said:

BEBOT

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@vpich said:

@oat_phipps said:

BEBOT

Say it with pride!

• @vpich said:
    lexington is grade a. If you like analog synths u should get it. Milpitas, kamata and m1 i don't care for, when that type of sound was in vogue i hated synths, even though i have always besn mostly a keyboard player i swore off synths and only played electric pianos and organs.

Reverse here. Haven’t really been interested in analog synths until very recently, and there’s so many of those already that Lexington doesn’t really appear on my radar. Same with Odyssei.

Been enjoying Milpitas/iWavestation a whole lot, including custom and random patches. Sure, it’s quite different a type of sound from virtual analog synthesis (or FM synthesis, for that matter). But that’s part of the beauty of the thing. And the controls you have on the wave sequences are quite extensive.

Just bit the bullet and got M1. Fits my needs as well, especially with a wind controller.

Problem is, it’s hard to get an idea how these things really sound from Korg’s examples, IMHO. They have their own tastes and their demos tend to sound fairly similar. At the same time, if your reaction to those demos is very strong, one way or another, it’s probably a useful indication.

• Don't forget Module!

• Lexington.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    Don't forget Module!

Module and its IAPs.

This based on use in and out of Gadget. Module is my go to key source. Lovely

Plus some really nice tape and pads as well as other great sounds in the Triton pack

• @vpich said:

@oat_phipps said:

Animoog

• You should also get Bilbao and Abu Dhabi. Kamata you can get the same thing more or less with Kingston and Marceille has some passable bass on par with what you get with Madrid.

• Gladstone and Madrid for acoustic drums and bass
    Module (for the organs and electric piano's, I cant remember if these were additional IAP or came as standard) - it also need 1 GB if you want to have both the stand alone and the gadget installed.
    Lexington which is the best analog gadget, although the standalone (Oddyssei) is better as you have the use of the arpeggiator, but it will push your processor so be prepared to freeze tracks often if you use it a lot.
    Bilbao if you want to build your own drumkits from your own samples.
    The one I was surprised by was Kamata - I thought I wouldn't use it, but being able to draw the waveform for the OSC does provide some smile inducing fun.

iM1 and iWavestation I wouldn't miss too much if I didn't have them.

Of course your priorities may be different depending on what type of music you are making.

• edited March 2017

Here is my short video. I used Kamata as lead, Gladstone (drums) and Madrid (bass). I think these three gadgets are the best!

• @Kranick said:
    Here is my short video. I used Kamata as lead, Gladstone (drums) and Madrid (bass). I think these three gadged are the best!

Very cool melody and production there!

• Thank you, Arpseechord! Also I've made a video where I tried to use Bilbao as drum machine.

• It really depends on what kind of music you want to make?

• Buy em all. I did :D

• Odyssei/Lexington sounds beautiful. And who wouldn't want an Arp Odyssey on their iPad ? Bargain. Definately

• @Kranick said:
    Thank you, Arpseechord! Also I've made a video where I tried to use Bilbao as drum machine.

Happy tune there with bees! I like it! Thanks for posting