Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Talk to me about Gadget 3.0 and Allihoopa - I don't get it

I understand the terms and agreement and that you give everyone the rights to remix your music in return for the right to remix anyone else's music.

However, it seems impossible to actually use music posted on Allihoopa in your own productions, unless you use Reason or Soundtrap (not listing TAKE! as it's too simple).

So what's the deal here? Why would I use Gadget with Allihoopa when I can't participate in the collaboration community?

I don't get it :disappointed:

Is there an easy way to get audio out of Allihoopa and into Gadget or Audioshare?

Comments

• From the Allihoopa FAQ:

How do I download a piece?
    You can open any piece you find on Allihoopa in the connected apps. Tap the Build on this button and select the app you want to open it in.

And Gadget is listed under "connected apps" - but as mentioned you can't open anything from Allihoopa in Gadget - hence my confusion - seems half baked, unless I'm missing something??

• Have yet to actually get all the hoopla surrounding Allihoopa myself ...

• I get the idea - free and open collaboration without worrying about copyright. But I don't get the Gadget implementation since it seems to be one way only. You can give, but you can never receive :disappointed:

• Just had a play with it in Figure and it's pretty cool!

• So far it seems you can really only collaborate if you use Reason. I can't find any other way of getting the sounds OUT of allihoopa. You can load a track in TAKE, but you can only export it BACK to allihoopa, not to another app. Same goes for soundtrap, no way to use any other app than the ones supported by allihoopa. Seems like a very closed system and since Gadget can only export not import you can basically only use it to show off you work while at the same time giving everyone the permission to use it for their own composition.

Why not just use SoundCloud then?

I don't understand why KORG have added it, when they don't support it fully?

• @Peter321 said:
    So far it seems you can really only collaborate if you use Reason. I can't find any other way of getting the sounds OUT of allihoopa. You can load a track in TAKE, but you can only export it BACK to allihoopa, not to another app. Same goes for soundtrap, no way to use any other app than the ones supported by allihoopa. Seems like a very closed system and since Gadget can only export not import you can basically only use it to show off you work while at the same time giving everyone the permission to use it for their own composition.

Why not just use SoundCloud then?

I don't understand why KORG have added it, when they don't support it fully?

If you use Figure you can use that, but yeah your right and even if you use Reason, as I do, you still just get an audio file not the full Reason project, of course that would be practically impossible because everyone has different versions of Reason. Still good for fun though :) but not much else

• @OscarSouth said:
    Just had a play with it in Figure and it's pretty cool!

I agree. I've had fun with exploring in Figure.

• Yeah that's a limitation of the current release of Allihoopa and Gadget. I already informed Allihoopa about this. So far there is nothing hindering the opening in Gadget from a technical point of view as the content is Audio anyway. I guess the difficulty lies in the implementation of longer content. As Gadget is Scene oriented an only up to 16 Bars how should a track you want to build on open when its longer than that.