Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drum Session for iPhone is out!

It's a universal app so if you bought it already on iPad, you already own the iPhone version. :)

Comments

• New IAP yet?

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

It's a universal app so if you bought it already on iPad, you already own the iPhone version. :)

Sweet. Thanks to Derek and yourself, @Blue_Mangoo on an app born of a labor of love that shines throughout the widening feature set. Hmmm. Pocket drum machine, yeah! :smile:

• @Tritonman said:
    New IAP yet?

Still in the works. Along with ableton link and several other surprises.

• I tried to control the transport and the time through Loopy HD, but it does not work. Any idea?

• @Santosgera said:
    I tried to control the transport and the time through Loopy HD, but it does not work. Any idea?

I haven't used loopy HD before. But I bought it just now to test.

What do you want drum session to do together with loopy? Connect to it as an IAA instrument, and play when you press record in loopy?

• I only control the transport and the speed via midi clock, as I do with DrumPerfect.

• Cool! This app right here is a Winner! I like it lots.........

• It looks like loopy HD isn't an IAA host. So you are using audiobus then? I see an error when I connect drum session to loopy via audiobus. We will work on fixing that.

• Exactly. I use both as inputs in Audiobus.
    Thank you for the quick response.

• edited March 2017

@Santosgera said:
    I only control the transport and the speed via midi clock, as I do with DrumPerfect.

loopy has a midi clock? Or it's an external midi clock?

• I think Loopy has settings to accept external midi clock. Not too sure though.

Thanks @Blue_Mangoo for an awesome app!!! Will now be rocking up songs on the Metro train!!!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    I think Loopy has settings to accept external midi clock. Not too sure though.

Thanks @Blue_Mangoo for an awesome app!!! Will now be rocking up songs on the Metro train!!!

Glad to hear it.

We have been intending to support midi clock since version 1.0 but haven't got there yet.

• Loopy Hd both sends and receives midi clock. I use midi clock sends the Loopy for everything. Thank you for your attention!

• I'm looking for a drum app that will enable me to trigger intros, verses, fills and ends etc.. with the FCB1010. That way, I can create drum tracks on the fly while playing live without being restricted to predetermined formats. Would Drum session do this if set up in the right way? The nearest I can get so far is to use Quantiloop with imported loops.

• edited March 2017

@EssexGooner said:
    I'm looking for a drum app that will enable me to trigger intros, verses, fills and ends etc.. with the FCB1010. That way, I can create drum tracks on the fly while playing live without being restricted to predetermined formats. Would Drum session do this if set up in the right way? The nearest I can get so far is to use Quantiloop with imported loops.

May not be helpful, but that sounds just like the beat buddy pedal.

https://singularsound.com/

• May not be helpful, but that sounds just like the beat buddy pedal.

https://singularsound.com/

Yes that is basically what I'm trying to replicate. Softdrummer etc... can do it but they are unreliable with the FCDB1010 at least which is why I put them into Quantiloop. It would be great to have a single app that just works.

• Drum Session is so easy to use thanks for such awesome free update

• The new UI in Drum Session is awesome! Is really like how everything stands out more and its a lot easier to tell what's what. I had an amazing loop going into Cubasis, really can't wait for midi clock and the ability to have DS sync up with Cubasis in a way that it follows the timeline. I wonder how that would come about? Is it something Cubasis needs to do?

I> @Blue_Mangoo said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    I think Loopy has settings to accept external midi clock. Not too sure though.

Glad to hear it.

We have been intending to support midi clock since version 1.0 but haven't got there yet.

• edited March 2017

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    The new UI in Drum Session is awesome! Is really like how everything stands out more and its a lot easier to tell what's what. I had an amazing loop going into Cubasis, really can't wait for midi clock and the ability to have DS sync up with Cubasis in a way that it follows the timeline. I wonder how that would come about? Is it something Cubasis needs to do?

That's a question we haven't settled yet. And it's the reason why we haven't done it yet. I'd like to hear ideas from informed users.

Currently, with an IAA connection, the record, stop, and rewind buttons in the IAA menu keep both apps synchronised. But it's not to the point where you can place the cursor anywhere in the timeline in one app and the other app follows along. That would be useful, but I don't know if there's any way to do that.

• I love the update. The midi drawing is so much better now. Anyway to have DS remember your last used kit?

• @twoifbysea said:
    I love the update. The midi drawing is so much better now. Anyway to have DS remember your last used kit?

It doesn't remember your last used kit? I'll post a support ticket and get that fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@twoifbysea said:
    I love the update. The midi drawing is so much better now. Anyway to have DS remember your last used kit?

It doesn't remember your last used kit? I'll post a support ticket and get that fixed. Thanks for the feedback.

Never has. It would be nice if it saved the kit selection along with the song.

• @wim said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@twoifbysea said:

That sounds reasonable. thanks again.

• Once I turn off looping in the pattern editor, I can't enable it again and have to restart the app

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@wim said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@twoifbysea said:

That sounds reasonable. thanks again.

Cool! Nice job on the update!

• @yug said:
    Once I turn off looping in the pattern editor, I can't enable it again and have to restart the app

you're right. I'll post that on the worklist too. thank you.

• edited March 2017

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@yug said:
    Once I turn off looping in the pattern editor, I can't enable it again and have to restart the app

you're right. I'll post that on the worklist too. thank you.

There's another thing: when I exit the pattern editor, it keeps playing the pattern. And:
    1. If I stop it with the global Play/Stop button and go back to the pattern editor, it thinks the pattern is still playing i.e. the Play button is lit and in order to play the pattern I need to tap the play button 2 times (stop and start)
    2. If I don't stop it and drag another pattern for editing, it opens that pattern but seems to keep playing the previous one

Also, some other small bugs:
    1. I tap the pattern in the list for preview, it starts playing and displays the headphone icon. Then I stop it, the sound and icon are gone, I scroll down the list and up again back to that pattern, and the preview icon is back though the pattern is not playing.
    2. When the pattern category is empty, it still allows me to rename or delete the non-existing pattern.

Nothing serious, just minor bugs. Doesn't stop me from enjoying using Drum Session, thanks for developing it! Love the updated UI

Some improvements I'd like to see (if they make sense to you of course :) ):
    1. Hiding/showing the keyboard/pads
    2. Two tabs: one for stock patterns and one for user patterns. Currently, the stock patterns are divided by styles and categories, while the user patterns have only categories. I'd love the user patterns to have the same hierarchy as the stock ones (predefined style->category->pattern)

Thanks.

UPDATE. I just realised that the iPhone version may look a bit different. I was writing about the iPad version of Drum Session, hasn't tried it on an iPhone yet

• @yug said:
    There's another thing: when I exit the pattern editor, it keeps playing the pattern. And:
    1. If I stop it with the global Play/Stop button and go back to the pattern editor, it thinks the pattern is still playing i.e. the Play button is lit and in order to play the pattern I need to tap the play button 2 times (stop and start)
    2. If I don't stop it and drag another pattern for editing, it opens that pattern but seems to keep playing the previous one

I posted a ticket to fix this. Thank you.

@yug said:
    Also, some other small bugs:
    1. I tap the pattern in the list for preview, it starts playing and displays the headphone icon. Then I stop it, the sound and icon are gone, I scroll down the list and up again back to that pattern, and the preview icon is back though the pattern is not playing.
    2. When the pattern category is empty, it still allows me to rename or delete the non-existing pattern.

According to our issue tracking system, these are fixed already in the next update version.

@yug said:
    Some improvements I'd like to see (if they make sense to you of course :) ):
    1. Hiding/showing the keyboard/pads
    2. Two tabs: one for stock patterns and one for user patterns. Currently, the stock patterns are divided by styles and categories, while the user patterns have only categories. I'd love the user patterns to have the same hierarchy as the stock ones (predefined style->category->pattern)

Thanks for the suggestion. We will consider it for the future roadmap of app development.

• Sorry if this has been asked before. When recording your own patterns in more than one step, is there a way to merge them in just one pattern when you're finished?