Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

12 Gauge Mic - Fabfilter Pro R

A little while ago, I posted a link about 12 Gauge microphones. I've been looking for better sound for my acoustic guitar recordings, and these mics were suggested by a friend. They are hand made in the US, and a very reasonable price. So I picked up one of the 12G50 mics, and have been experimenting. He does no advertising, so it's all word of mouth, and I really like this mic, so a shout out to them for a great product.

http://www.12gaugemicrophones.com/

I recorded this with the 12 gauge pointed at the bridge at a 45 degree angle, about six inches away, and my old AT2020 pointed at the 12th fret, also at a 45 degree angle. I did a lot of experimenting yesterday, and this is the one I like the best. Recording through my iRig Pro Duo. This is my Cargo, which is a small body carbon fibre acoustic.

I then started mucking with Fabfilter Q2 and Fabfilter Pro R. I gave it a 3db boost at 5k, and a 2db boost at 10k, to get a bit more presence and air. I found a preset on Pro R called "The Little Room", under the Small category, that added a real "Wow" for me. Took my sound that I was happy with, and made me really happy. I was seriously thinking about a new guitar. Not so sure I'll go there now. It's a pretty good setup to record, at a pretty cheap price.

Any comments welcome. I'm going to keep experimenting.

Comments

• I agree Rick. It sounds nice and warm but there is only about a minute of the track out of some 12 minutes up on SoundCloud. I wonder if you could try uploading it again. I don't think the whole track got uploaded. BTW, I'm loving Pro-R too!

• @scadet, thanks. MIxdown/upload problems, it's only about a minute long. I have fixed the file.