Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...KORG Gadget ROSARIO Guitar Effects Processor Demo for iPad

So here is more of my virtuoso guitar playing while I demo Rosario, you guys are so lucky to get to listen to my outstanding guitar work.

Comments

• I think the playing was way better than the sounds coming out of that thing

• @ToMess said:
    I think the playing was way better than the sounds coming out of that thing

I think most guitarists will program in their own patches

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@ToMess said:
    I think the playing was way better than the sounds coming out of that thing

I think most guitarists will program in their own patches

Yea, but those presets showed quite a bit of weaknesses in many aspects of guitar sound compared to something like bias fx or tonestack. Imo guitar is much more picky about good processing than synths, so i do see this being some use. Maybe it can be tweaked to sound useable in a full mix with guitar, but well, lets just say that i havent heard this bad sounding guitar processor in a while, and would expect way more from korg. But then again its free, so..

And im not saying this to be an asshole, but i think its a good thing that people who might not be educated on this stuff wont buy this just for the guitar processing capabilities(thinking they could do everything in one box, and not take in account the competition). And ofc so that korg would step up their game with this stuff. I mean if everyone would just be happy with what they have and not look things critically and think about how to make things better, there wouldnt be any progression and we would still be living in africa, trying to open shells with rocks for food.

But i havent tried this myself and my opinion is based on that demo. And since you have played with it, and have played with other guitar processors. Do you think this is on par with the best ones, or is it lacking in something, and if so, where is it lacking(in terms of sound ofc)?

• presets are super weak, but once tweaked rosario is very useable.

• Thanks Doug. You're spot on regarding the presets. Most of the iOS guitar amp sims, hardware versions today and going back to the first Line 6 Pods ALWAYS have presets that actually do the piece of kit a disservice by going completely overboard and tacky with the tones.

There's some exceptions (Yonac's Tone Stack has some decent presets) but I rarely ever use presets on guitar sims. Some companies synth & keys presets are to die for, not so with guitar stuff. They always lack subtlety & dynamics.

Good thing is most of us guitarists are obsessive knob twiddlers and love to get our own tones down. I would like however to be genuinely surprised one day and get a guitar amp sim or digital effects pedal that had usable, dynamite presets thst didn't provoke snickers & anger.

(Wow, Snickers & Anger is a great bandname, no?!)

• @JRSIV said:
    Thanks Doug. You're spot on regarding the presets. Most of the iOS guitar amp sims, hardware versions today and going back to the first Line 6 Pods ALWAYS have presets that actually do the piece of kit a disservice by going completely overboard and tacky with the tones.

There's some exceptions (Yonac's Tone Stack has some decent presets) but I rarely ever use presets on guitar sims. Some companies synth & keys presets are to die for, not so with guitar stuff. They always lack subtlety & dynamics.

Good thing is most of us guitarists are obsessive knob twiddlers and love to get our own tones down. I would like however to be genuinely surprised one day and get a guitar amp sim or digital effects pedal that had usable, dynamite presets thst didn't provoke snickers & anger.

Tall order. Any preset is going to sound radically different depending on what you plug into it, as well as input levels. no way a preset made with a tele is going to sound anything like itself played on a Les Paul.

• @wim said:

@JRSIV said:
    Thanks Doug. You're spot on regarding the presets. Most of the iOS guitar amp sims, hardware versions today and going back to the first Line 6 Pods ALWAYS have presets that actually do the piece of kit a disservice by going completely overboard and tacky with the tones.

Tall order. Any preset is going to sound radically different depending on what you plug into it, as well as input levels. no way a preset made with a tele is going to sound anything like itself played on a Les Paul.

Absolutely. Another variable that guitars have is each one is DIFFERENT. I have had 5 Strats over the years and aside from generalities they sounded quite different.

Then of course age of the instrument, string gauge, pickups, solid or semi-hollow, maple or rosewood neck (yeah, I'm one of them who think wood does matter) and half a dozen other variables contribute to the equation as well.

Presets can be rough guides to what a piece of gear can do, I think it's agreed the aren't going to be the first choice one uses. At least in my case...

• There's those twisty little knob things on guitars too. People say they make a difference in the tone too. I dunno. I never use em. I just turn em all the way up and leave them there. Sometimes I give the ones on the headstock a twist or two though. They seem to produce a noticeable change in the sound.

• @wim said:
    There's those twisty little knob things on guitars too. People say they make a difference in the tone too. I dunno. I never use em. I just turn em all the way up and leave them there. Sometimes I give the ones on the headstock a twist or two though. They seem to produce a noticeable change in the sound.

Touché brother. Although those who forked over the dough on 2015 Les Paul's with the robotuners don't have to touch their tuners. Fairly useless in my view.

Although it made me think a cool addition down the road to Rosario could be intelligent pitch shifting that transposed what the guitar input is to match either key of song or predetermined scale setup.

Down the road...

• Sounded good to me (as a non-guitar player, well, almost). I really wish you could use AB as an input to this though, as I can play GeoShred or Guitarism way better than the real thing!

• Bonus - not only a great demo, but as I reminisced how Doug's sample composition with his Rosario-driven guitar work overtop put me in a Tangerine state of mind, I was happy to learn that Edgar Froese played six-string (quite well, according to Doug) on a number of TD compositions. Time I stepped out of my "occasional soundtrack" shell and gave the Orange Dream a proper investigation.

Which is a roundabout way to say I think Rosario sounds sweet, sweet, sweet, and appreciate the demo and the bonus from our most unflappable Mr. Woods. Surely if there were to be a "Mount Rushmore" of iOS music's shining stars, Doug would get a spot right next to Steve Jobs. Or Abe Lincoln :sunglasses:

• Hey thanks Doug! This was really helpful. Love those last parts of your gadget song.