Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Video...KORG Gadget - ZURICH - Record And Import Audio - iPad Demo

First of three videos for the new Gadgets, I thought I would start with ZURICH. This is going to be super useful for many many people.

Comments

• Awesome thanks Doug

• Great and clear explantion of some of the possibilties of Zurich. Thanks!

• Thanks Doug. Like the option to record across multiple scenes, didn't know about that one and could be useful.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Thanks Doug. Like the option to record across multiple scenes, didn't know about that one and could be useful.

You can also do that with all the Gadgets, which is great if you want to do a mad prog solo across the last ten minutes B)

• Great walk through Douglas. I am beyond impressed how Korg fit so much into this 3.0 update and aren't cornholing previous owners or new users with an IAP or separate app purchase.

And screw the haters Doug, your guitarin' sounded fine to me, good enough for skiffle & Petty style chord beds. And I was seriously impressed with how good it sounded at the end with just the Room Reverb, no amp sim, just direct through an iRig HD. Was that a Strat or Tele?

• edited March 2017

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Thanks Doug. Like the option to record across multiple scenes, didn't know about that one and could be useful.

You can also do that with all the Gadgets, which is great if you want to do a mad prog solo across the last ten minutes B)

Ah right, didn't know that - I'll get my cape on and start soloing!

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Except, with midi, if you start playing a note in one scene and hold it over to the next scene, it gets cut off and doesn't sustain across scenes.
    It's good that we can have audio sustain across scenes now. Makes it easier to get nice transitions between scenes

• @JRSIV said:
    Great walk through Douglas. I am beyond impressed how Korg fit so much into this 3.0 update and aren't cornholing previous owners or new users with an IAP or separate app purchase.

And screw the haters Doug, your guitarin' sounded fine to me, good enough for skiffle & Petty style chord beds. And I was seriously impressed with how good it sounded at the end with just the Room Reverb, no amp sim, just direct through an iRig HD. Was that a Strat or Tele?

I wish it was a Strat, but alas it's not, it's an el cheapo Ibanez Gio, but it's good enough for me to demo the guitar apps. I do have a really nice bass guitar though, a Peavy Grind and I am a pretty good bass player, I played bass in a folk group for about five years in the late seventies early 80s, so I may drag that out and do a few bass videos.

• edited March 2017

You can import more than 16 bars. The scene you import to will only play the first 16 bars (assuming you have it set to be 16 bars long).
    Duplicate the scene.
    Open the wave editor for scene 2 and you will see the whole wav that you imported and you drag the first white marker to the end of scene 1.
    Now if you place from scene 1 to scene 2, it will place the whole wave continuously.

• Ah-ha.....good stuff @richlum

• Brilliant demo, as always Doug - and as a guitarist who also has a keyboard, you fare much better in my domain than I do in yours. Rock on, and cheers from Indiana!

@richlum said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@MonzoPro said:

Except, with midi, if you start playing a note in one scene and hold it over to the next scene, it gets cut off and doesn't sustain across scenes.
    It's good that we can have audio sustain across scenes now. Makes it easier to get nice transitions between scenes

Glad to hear it wasn't just me. When I write, I tend to do a LOT of phrasing on the "ands" (utilizing the last eighth or sixteenth note before the following bar), and the lack of any way to "tie" the MIDI had me cursing at Gadget for the better part of an afternoon, once.

@richlum said:
    You can import more than 16 bars. The scene you import to will only play the first 16 bars (assuming you have it set to be 16 bars long).
    Duplicate the scene.
    Open the wave editor for scene 2 and you will see the whole wav that you imported and you drag the first white marker to the end of scene 1.
    Now if you place from scene 1 to scene 2, it will place the whole wave continuously.

Glad to hear this, period - bound to come in handy down the line. Cheers!

• Very good video Doug, thank you
    Enjoyed your guitar work B)

• @thesoundtestroom said:

@JRSIV said:
    Great walk through Douglas. I am beyond impressed how Korg fit so much into this 3.0 update and aren't cornholing previous owners or new users with an IAP or separate app purchase.

I wish it was a Strat, but alas it's not, it's an el cheapo Ibanez Gio, but it's good enough for me to demo the guitar apps. I do have a really nice bass guitar though, a Peavy Grind and I am a pretty good bass player, I played bass in a folk group for about five years in the late seventies early 80s, so I may drag that out and do a few bass videos.

I've played GIO's in Guitar Center for giggles and was surprised; I dug it better than the same price Squiers they had. But the GIO's still a SuperStrat, the low E had that tone...

I'd love to hear you do some bass amp sim stuff on any updates upcoming to the major guitar apps or even through the new guitar Gadget. Thanks Doug.

• @richlum said:
    Duplicate the scene.

This is excellent news as it does away with all that splitting nonsense I did in Cubasis

• @richlum said:
    Duplicate the scene.

Wooooah!

This is great news...

Thanks for the info on this.

• Just tried it.

That is marvellous!!!

Takes out a whole load of importing/exporting and slicing...

• oh yes, very nice, in the next scene it shows you a faint marker of the previous scene which you can crop it to. :)

• Brilliant, as always. Thanks.

• edited March 2017

Also, the ability to set loop markers is as useful for audio as it is for MIDI.

Take some random piece you made long ago in Gadget, Auria, Cubasis, Blocs, etc. and import it into Gadget.

Move the loop markers around and select some 1, 2, 4, etc. bar sections of audio in different gadget rows.

Change the order. Add new gadgets or other Zurich recordings to the tracks.

The 3.0 update doesn't just add audio recording to Gadget. Because of the loop markers it is now a tool for very quick rearranging and remixing of previously created material.

• @Reid said:

Take some random piece you made long ago in Gadget, Auria, Cubasis, Blocs, etc. and import it into Gadget.

Move the loop markers around and select some 1, 2, 4, etc. bar sections of audio in different gadget rows.

The 3.0 update doesn't just add audio recording to Gadget. Because of the loop markers it is now a tool for very quick rearranging and remixing of previously created material.

and for editing say bars 13-14 without having to wait for it to come around again

• Great demo Doug - and your guitar playing is way better than mine, so you can't be the world's worst...

• Yeah, your guitar is fine!

• @Reid said:

Exactly.

• Thanks a lot for the video and the tips! I have a question:

Every time I record a new file in Zurich, the name of the wave file will be numbered and it will increment for every recording, even if I restart Gadget, have deleted the tracks etc. Does anyone know if the old wave files are saved? None of them appears when I go to the documents folder as expected. I just don't want old files in case they are saved somewhere to clutter up and take space.