Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Fantasy GADGET Upgrade That Wasn't:

Easy for me on this one.

1. FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT:

GADGETS FOR ALL KORG APPS AVAILABLE.

Yes, Poly, Kaoss, iElectribe, IMS-20!

1. Gadgets that utilize IOS format. Korg was first to do touch type play surfaces. I would like to see some inspired Korg "NON KEYBOARD or PAD" gadgets. I think this is one of the reasons I duck out of Gadget many times. It is keyboard and piano roll, keyboard and piano roll. I think there is so much more Korg do that would blow our minds by harnessing the creative abilities of the IOS Format vs. PC style only.

2. Cinematic and Drama pack. Self explanatory, cinematic and soundtrack type instruments and sounds.

I don't need anymore 80's brass sounds or analog sounds at all. I need some future house and trap step modulation tools. Things that make me want to only use Gadget because it is so interesting and fun.

1. Multiple GUI settings (see Ableton) I want to use a grid system for live stuff and lateral for composing. That would be amazing. It would also make the audio player/recorder Gadgets make more sense.

The app is potentially the best of all time. However, even Babe Ruth had off days at the plate.

This thread is not a hate fest. This is about being creative and thoughtful and hopefully someone from Korg will read it.

What is your fantasy upgrade that wasn't?

Lets face it folks, dis gonna be a Gadget filled weekend

Comments

• Given how cool the automation is having a creative FX gadget that lets you pipe in a Gadgets audio would be nice.

• edited March 2017

Ditch the piano roll, ditch the keyboards, ditch the automation lanes. Have Kaoss pads for every gadget to switch between recording both notes and fx automation and have a "replace vs overdub" note recording toggle. Have the tracks organized per scene, rather than globally across the project so only one current scenes info is visible in the mixer strip at a time. And the main window you just switch between the scenes and can mix and match from different scenes. But they will never do this because it would be too much fun and if people are having too much fun they won't feel like buying a bunch of additional crap. It's a nice thought though.

1. My fantasy update, really, is just to have realistic cinematic and orchestral sounds within Gadget, or at least for Korg to work in tandem with IK Multimedia so we can have Sampletank integration. They've worked with another developer in the past to produce Kamata, so why not work with IK Multimedia?
    1. A Su---x Gadget. I would never ask for anything ever again (probably)
  • AU/IAA hosting

• edited March 2017

1) "Truck Driver" a MIDI Out" Gadget..

2) MIDI bindings for Transport controls, Scene Select/Play, Track selection, Rec / MIDI button

• A sampler that time stretches and also chops!

• @supadom said:
    AU/IAA hosting hey hav

Indeed......................so juicy that is.

I wonder why not just go all in already?

Do an entire "Korg ios version of Ableton type DAW thing".............they have the infrastructure why not use it for the good of mankind.

• @Daath7 said:
    A sampler that time stretches and also chops!

Or IAA and use Samplr.

But, yes, that would be amazing

• Just Audiobus into the new audio gadgets would make me happy. Guitar like interfaces like Geoshred and Guitarism would also be cool, as would an expressive playing surface like Thumbjam, integrated into all gadgets as an option to the keyboard.

• @PhilW said:
    Just Audiobus into the new audio gadgets would make me happy. Guitar like interfaces like Geoshred and Guitarism would also be cool, as would an expressive playing surface like Thumbjam, integrated into all gadgets as an option to the keyboard.

Exactly... I feel so disapointed since the v3 update... My fantasy update would have been to have a real 'audio track' update with possibility to record audio from IAA/AB...
    And if we could also have a gadget with real sample choping/time stretching (e.g. some kind of Blocs Wave Slicer integration in fact), then I'll be the most happy iOS musician in the World...
    But with Cubasis 2 update and mostly the new midi editor wich is as easy to use as Gadget Piano roll, I think I'm happy now, I will simply use less Gadget and more Cubasis I guess... Time for a change (until BM3 at least).

• I think the biggest MEH for me was not being able to select a 'Gadget Track' as 'Input' for the Audio-Gadgets for 're-sampling'. Also the lack of not being able to export just one 'scene' makes 're-sampling' a bit tedious.
    It's all scenes or no scenes :(

And well, I'm hoping that some day Korg will make all the effects available in Gadget for all the Gadgets...

• @Samu said:
    I think the biggest MEH for me was not being able to select a 'Gadget Track' as 'Input' for the Audio-Gadgets for 're-sampling'. Also the lack of not being able to export just one 'scene' makes 're-sampling' a bit tedious.

And well, I'm hoping that some day Korg will make all the effects available in Gadget for all the Gadgets...

I think that if you freeze the track you can then load the frozen audio into an audio Gadget.

• @richardyot said:

@Samu said:
    I think the biggest MEH for me was not being able to select a 'Gadget Track' as 'Input' for the Audio-Gadgets for 're-sampling'. Also the lack of not being able to export just one 'scene' makes 're-sampling' a bit tedious.

I think that if you freeze the track you can then load the frozen audio into an audio Gadget.

Yes, but it freeze the whole track (all scenes for the track).
    And there are no proper tools to trim/edit the file within Gadget.

• @Samu said:

@richardyot said:

@Samu said:

If you export as an Ableton project you will get individual audio for each clip. You may have to go via Dropbox to get to them but at least you can do it.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@richardyot said:

@Samu said:

If you export as an Ableton project you will get individual audio for each clip. You may have to go via Dropbox to get to them but at least you can do it.

The 'clips' are only 'shown' as individual 'clips', they are still just links/referecnes to one big file :(

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@richardyot said:

@Samu said:

The 'clips' are only 'shown' as individual 'clips', they are still just links/referecnes to one big file :(

I have exported gadget projects as Ableton, and then imported the individual clips into both blocs and launchpad ?

• @AndyPlankton said:

I have exported gadget projects as Ableton, and then imported the individual clips into both blocs and launchpad ?

Could it be that those two apps 'read' the embedded meta-data and create the clips on load?

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Could it be that those two apps 'read' the embedded meta-data and create the clips on load?

Well...I just tried it and if I export as Ableton Live Audio project to dropbox, then go to the drop box folder on my PC I see the individual WAV files for the clips in the samples folder for the project

• edited March 2017

My fantasy gadget would be a multisample sampler which supports sample zones and layers equal to the sampler on BeatMaker 2 or even Ableton Live's sampler or Reason's NN-XT.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Well...I just tried it and if I export as Ableton Live Audio project to dropbox, then go to the drop box folder on my PC I see the individual WAV files for the clips in the samples folder for the project

Thanks, I'll do some more testing.
    Also noticed there is an option to use 24-bit when exporting as Ableton Live Project :)

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Thanks, I'll do some more testing.
    Also noticed there is an option to use 24-bit when exporting as Ableton Live Project :)

Yes, i was surprised by all the options that are now there, I had to put my glasses on to see what they all were LOL. :)

• I'm missing a real sampler. Something like in Garageband or Cubasis ( but with a few more features of course ;) )

A dedicated sampler with direct sampling and import options and basic editing/chopping plus FX. Would have made more sense to me than the audio gadgets.

• Midi assignable mixer and insert effect controls.

Multiple audio channel output and midi output.

Follow or chase behavior in the sequencer. Transport control to move between scenes when arranging.

iOS version needs the bar counter like the mac version. Same applies for toggling between instrument , piano roll and mixer shown on screen at all times.

File management of projects and samples.

Audio time stretching. Audio editing, normalization, trimming etc.

Ui overhaul. We don't need the chord button or even the octave button. Just the scale button. Get rid of those to increase the size of the keys.

Set loop points in song mode and specify whether to export the song or the looped region, per channel.

Make everything in the piano roll just a little bigger. Make the dark key lanes shaded.

LFO filter effects!

• If I was at Korg and cared..............I would be very bummed that I missed mark on this "big" upgrade.

wowza

• edited March 2017

I would like the same things that I want in all other apps

Better touch playing surface, on screen keys really is limited....and while on the subject a full screen keyboard instead of the silly little strip ones on most gadgets.
    An arpeggiator that transposes based on an incoming MIDI or Sequencer note.
    Mixer busses
    Mackie HUI control for mixer and transport controls.
    Audio time stretch for when using Link/MIDI Clock
    Clip/Scene launching from MIDI (preferably full Launchpad integration)
    Proper collaboration tools, sending complete projects to another user for further editing.
    Better metering
    iPolysix and iMS20, iDS10, iElectribe, iKaossilatr gadgets
    Now that we have the guitar gadget a tuner would be good. With the amount of tuners that Korg makes you would think one would have been included.

AB/IAA input would be useful, but this is possible using blocs wave, Audioshare or AUM or even the apps own recorder and then importing, not ideal but workable.

That should be enough to keep them going for a bit....at least until I change my mind on what i want :D

EDIT : I forgot this one - plus or minus 1 octave transpose - it is a pain hitting the current transpose 12 times.

• +1 audiobus input into gadget

• Obligatory Nintendo Switch mention

• @oat_phipps said:
    Obligatory Nintendo Switch mention

I am starting to wonder about Zelda and its intentions......firstly it has had me dress up in a belly dancer outfit, and now I need to find some rubber tights !

• I don't think Korg will ever update the UI to be more accommodating to ththe many users who actually use just the app and the touchscreen because Gadget was not built for that. It was built to sell nano controllers. And by some reports they even failed at that with no way to control the mixer, etc. It's actually one of the worst UI on iOS with a whole litany of interface sins that I could go on and on about.