Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Has anybody been able to get Synthmaster Player to work as an IAA midi instrument?

If I set Synthmaster Player as an IAA instrument in Cubasis or Auria Pro then I can't get it to function as a midi instrument i.e. play the keyboard in the Daw or play a midi file track and nothing happens in Synthmaster.

Synthmaster's default midi settings is the input channel is set to All, and I haven't changed that.

The KV331 website for the app says "SynthMaster Player for iOS acts as an source/instrument in InterApp Audio. We demonstrate in our user manual how to connect it to InterApp enabled DAW apps."

So according to that it can function as an instrument. There is no downloadable user manual that I can find, but the in-app manual doesn't contain anything about this, despite what the the website claims.

How do you set up SMP to work as an IAA instrument receiving midi from the daw?

Comments

• It works fine for me in Cubasis. Once SynthMaster is loaded as an IAA on a Cubasis MIDI track, set the midi out to SynthMaster and whatever channel you want...say ch1. In SynthMaster go to menu>midi settings and sel it to Cubasis input and then Ch1. It works fine for playing Cubasis keyboard and/or playing a midi file.

Or, you can setup SynthMaster as an IAA audio track and direct a midi track to it, with same settings as above.