Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubase PC midi to iPad via cck3 setup

How do you get Cubase to send midi to iPad? I have the cck3 adapter
Many thanks :-)

Comments

• This is too broad of a question to answer properly. You don't say if you're on Mac or Windows, or what iPad app you want to send to.

In a nutshell, you'll need to configure MIDI OUT in Cubase and MIDI IN for the iPad app.

If you want to use your cck3 adapter, you'll likely need something like midimux.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id963133945

• It's the pc version of Cubase. Do you need an additional driver setup on the pc that's links the midi connection? I was under the assumption that just using the cck would go the job.

• No, you don't any drivers. You don't even need the cck to use midimux. Just the USB cable that ships with your iPad will work. This is assuming you're not using an audio interface or MIDI controller.

• I would suggest making the topic a bit more specific. Thanks.

• @Nu2moro said:

Hi Nu2moro,

John Walden came up with the following article:

http://musicappblog.com/wireless-network-midi-ipad-to-mac/

Is this what you're looking for?

Best,
    Lars

• @Nu2moro said:

Just install and start midimux (both iOS and desktop). It will give you new MIDI output ports in Cubase

• Thanks all for the replies :-)
    Old head struggling with new (to me) technology. ;-)