Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Couple of thoughts on BeatHawk 2

Just picked this up today and it's pretty cool - I mean bit of an impulse thing but I'm sure I'll have some fun with it. Couple of suggestions though;

It'd be nice if the groove setting was applied in real time, as opposed to only when recording, although I can see how maybe having different amounts for different tracks is also useful. Is there a way to apply it after recording?

Secondly - and this is a biggy for me - it appears as though the AU recalls whatever changes were made in the standalone app, as opposed to storing settings per instance. Is it the case that I need to save presets within each AU instance and recall them manually each time I load a project? Would be nice if the two were treated individually!

Otherwise, pretty cool app!

Comments

• That reminds me, does the groove setting only go from 50 to 75? Or is that just me. I find that weird

• you don't want too much groove.... I personally never let my groove get about 60, 61....

• The AU is not working like intended. Beathawk doesnt save any settings when i save the whole project and when i try to save it inside Beathawks AU settings it doesnt show the onscreen keyboard. I can only save it to "empty" project. Think the AU needs a little update.

• Its working now. I launched the app in standalone mode and created a few new empty presets which i want to use in AU mode. The anoying buzz sound is suddenly dissapeared (when pressing rec) and it saved everything nicely.

• @Proto said:
    Its working now. I launched the app in standalone mode and created a few new empty presets which i want to use in AU mode. The anoying buzz sound is suddenly dissapeared (when pressing rec) and it saved everything nicely.

Wish it would work for me. Still having issues...

• edited March 2017

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Proto said:
    Its working now. I launched the app in standalone mode and created a few new empty presets which i want to use in AU mode. The anoying buzz sound is suddenly dissapeared (when pressing rec) and it saved everything nicely.

Wish it would work for me. Still having issues...

Forgot to mention i also deleted the autosave file and all the old project files inside beathawk. Hope it helps.

Edit: Dammit, the buzz sound is still there when i press play inside cubasis, but it saves presets.

• AU needs serious attention, but once that happens it will be glorious

• @realdavidai said:
    AU needs serious attention, but once that happens it will be glorious

Agree :)
    Im sure im gonna use it a lot for my missing sample keyboard needs.