Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPads and sims

On the regarding of the slot in some iPads that can accommodate a mobile data SIM card:

I have an iPad
  1. with50 votes
    1. A sim slot that has never had a sim in it
      16.00%
    2. A sim slot, used it once or twice a year for a few days
        6.00%
    3. A sim slot, use it all the time, rely on it
      16.00%
    4. No sim slot, don't need one, wifi is all I use
      56.00%
    5. No sim slot, but wish I'd bought my iPad with one
        2.00%
    6. No sim slot, I use a mifi-type hotspot device
        4.00%

Comments

• Well the place where i bought my ipad from only have cellular ipads(allows me to pay in parts and doesent cost any extra for that, so i kinda had to go with it). Never used a sim in it.

• It's super handy instead of using a smartphone.

• This weekend we went away and I took a 3 sim I'd been saving for the past five years or so in case I went out of the house. I ended up not even opening it to put it into the iPad, preferring to just look out of the train window for the journey, and when I'd seen enough cows and sheep and horses (wearing jackets) I'd just sleep. No need to use mobile data at all, which has certainly saved some money and keeps the emergency sim for another year or so.

• I just use my phone as a hotspot when needed for a wifi only iPad!

• had to use the old, yet trusty iPad recently with a mobile data SIM while waiting for physical telecom connection.
    It's cool, but expensive... in Germany, regardless what providers advertise.
    Almost like a license to print money for them >:)
    Loading one of the bigger apps (about 1GB) sucks up 10 bucks within a couple of minutes with a prepaid card, as does streaming HD video content.

• edited April 2017

I bought the SIM model on eBay at a great deal. I went with that model entirely because it has higher resale value for when the time comes to upgrade.

(And I hotspot tether to iPhone when there is no wi-fi)

• Got rid of cell phone for good, replaced with sim.... freedom!

• My old ipad mini had a sim card. I don't think i used it once

I have a 6+ for when i'm out and even if i did actually need internet on my ipad while not at home i'd use the phone as a hotspot

• I still haven’t put a sim in this iPad Pro yet. I doubt I ever will.

• I have an Air 2 which is about 3 years old. For the first two years it was on a contract and I used it regularly. Very convenient but an unnecessary luxury for me. When the contract ended I didn’t renew it, and now the SIM slot is unused. I recently got an iPad Pro 10.5 with wifi only, and I just use my phone's wifi hotspot when I need it.

• I've got an extra sim for my Air 2, it's tied to my regular subscription.
    Since I'm still rocking an old iPhone 5 without LTE support the Air 2 serves as a faster host-spot when needed :)

Using two devices with SIMs is also a good way to overcome the stupid ~100-200MB app-size limit when using cellular connectivity making it easier to update apps when regular wifi is unavailable.

• @u0421793 said:
    I still haven’t put a sim in this iPad Pro yet. I doubt I ever will.

I recently got an air 2, with the price I got it for I didn't expect it to have sim slot...but it does....have not had the urge or need to use it though.

• I have an Pro with inbuilt SIM and an additional SIM Slot, but I never used it as a decent mobile plan costs at least 15 Euro.

I most of the time use my iPhone as Hotspot, but this is a pain in the ass, as the connection constantly gets dropped - this is immensely annoying and so I am finally thinking about getting a SIM for the iPad.

• edited April 2018

My understanding is that with the sim slot iPads you get GPS otherwise no. I have downloaded city maps in Google Maps and it works well 'offline', tracking my position, without mobile data connection or wifi. Thats the only plus for me

I bought a ipad with sim slot because I thought I could use WhatsApp with it but it seems thats not so easy to do. Skype works fine but I use WhatsApp primarily so still need my phone. Until this changes a sim slot is a neat feature but I wouldn't (oops) pay much extra for it.

• @Sbee said:
    I just use my phone as a hotspot when needed for a wifi only iPad!

Same here, never leave the house without a phone so no point in paying for two contracts.

• I'm regularly using a Mini without SIM for navigation and moving map display (Galileo Pro).
    Very handy. When I need internet on the go I just link it to my phone (mobile hotspot).

• @Richtowns said:
    … but I would pay much extra for it.

You would? I see.

• edited April 2018

@u0421793 said:

@Richtowns said:
    … but I would pay much extra for it.

You would? I see.

Oops. I meant wouldn't. I really should re-read before sending. :s