Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria PSP Plugins Spring Sale

Comments

• Ta for the heads-up, I don't have any of these ... Echo and Warmer for me then.

I do understand how some people are spending less time in full-featured DAWs these days and therefore reluctant to invest in "sandboxes" plug ins though.

I'm going to pick these up to support the devs, I'm sure the quality will be everything people are raving about.

• @Igneous1 said:
    Am tempted by the microwarmer, indeed. The delay doesn't look too exciting - have bought loads of other delays in the past and this seems somewhat 'un-unique'.

If you don't mind me saying, but if your serious about making some noise on your iPad, & you use Auria Pro......... you really need these plugins. They are as important as the FabFilters. The PSP plugins are very, very good. The same as the Desktop, & at €4.99 each........ it's a no brainer. This deal does not come around very often. I missed the boat once before, a couple of years ago, & had to wait well over a year to get them on a sale. If you have the Desktop VST version, they are the same(so you'll know what they do, & sound like).............. However, it's only advice............... ;)

• I took them all now, I mean 25 instead of the regular 85 €, that's practically a gift .. thx PSP

• Got all 5, thanks for the reviews!

• Yeah...really tempting to pick up the lot. All 5 cheaper than most of the Fabs, at this price. I'd been curious about MicroWarmer for some time, and although I figured Pro-R would be the last verb I'd ever need, PianoVerb sounds like it could be interesting as an instrument effect. The only reason I might not get them all is to fool myself into thinking that I can, at times, show restraint!

• edited March 2017

I'm not sure if I need or could use any of these. So, before just buying several on nothing more than the accolades in this thread... I picked up microwarmer as a test to see what all the ecstasy is about. Dropped it on a midi track playing a synth and tried a few presets. Meh... noticed the presets seem targeted to drums, guitar and vocals... so tried it on some drum synth and then guitar synth. Again, Meh...

I wasn't listening via headphones, so maybe I'm just not yet hearing the spectacular quality you all seem to be raving about? What sort of test scenario could I set up that would really show off the quality you all are claiming?

Not saying it isn't there... but I honestly haven't heard anything all that impressive yet. Will try again later with decent headphones and see if I'm just missing the "goodness" because I'm not monitoring properly.

• I really like Old timer, it gives a nice warmth to pretty much anything

• @skiphunt said:
    I'm not sure if I need or could use any of these. So, before just buying several on nothing more than the accolades in this thread... I picked up microwarmer as a test to see what all the ecstasy is about. Dropped it on a midi track playing a synth and tried a few presets. Meh... noticed the presets seem targeted to drums, guitar and vocals... so tried it on some drum synth and then guitar synth. Again, Meh...

I wasn't listening via headphones, so maybe I'm just not yet hearing the spectacular quality you all seem to be raving about? What sort of test scenario could I set up that would really show off the quality you all are claiming?

Not saying it isn't there... but I honestly haven't heard anything all that impressive yet. Will try again later with decent headphones and see if I'm just missing the "goodness" because I'm not monitoring properly.

picked up micro warmer too, dammit i wanted to stop buying stuff until i pick up some lights and lumafusion.

initial tests are good for me, will properly use when i mix something . but yeah,,....no way you are going to be able to tell how good a dynamic processor is without proper monitoring.

• I thought the FabFilter sale was just incredible at 30-40% off but MicroWarmer & Echo are 75% off! Just incredible, I didn't think PSP's would go on sale. I had to get the oldTimer, MicroWarmer and Echo plugs, the two reverbs sound cool but with having Pro-R now I am really set for reverb.

OldTimer is sweet, I had a floor tom heavy drum groove looped and just swept through the attack & tubes on/off, etc. and it was beautiful.

A guy I did stuff with at his project studio had a '90's UA 1176, a year or two after they started making them again, and it was crazy on CERTAIN things. This compressor oldTimer sounds similar, not exactly 1176, but it has that tube vibe & like an 1176 will excel on other things more than others.

Only fiddled with MicroWarmer & Echo, if I stumble on anything cool I may throw in another post to this thread. I have to say though to Auria users new & old who haven't bought into the idea of the Auria store IAP's since AU's are getting so much better and the expense for them are admittedly steep: YES they really are worth it and do make that much of a difference.

I was of the mindset of why spend $20 on one IAP in Auria when I could buy 7 of these "effects" apps or that 27th drum machine! Fuck all that, our Dads were right, you get what you pay for, spend the dough early on and be rewarded forever more. These PSP's are worth it at full price, but for 75% off? $5 a pop? Do work.

• @vpich said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    This is good news, and I'm temped by anything with the name of "microwarmer."
    But it also seems out of step with the times. Why would I spend money in the Age of the AU on a plug-in that must play in only one sandbox? I bought the Pro-C and the Pro-L and Volcano over the holidays in a burst of bourbon-fueled sale-binging. But I only ever go into Auria to finish something off — which is increasingly rare these days. (I'm much more likely to jam in AUM or try out ideas in Modstep, or noodle around in Gadget or Caustic or KRFT.) I haven't touched Volcano in months, and it's a real shame that it must remain within Auria.

True, but the benefit is higher sample rate in auria than au permits. So more stuff possible on each channel. And i could bever afford these plugins on mac. But i am struggling myself whether i need microwarmer if i like saturn (which is great but have not even gotten through all the presets) and the stock compressors. 5 bucks is so cheap for what microwarmer is, it's just that all this shit adds up. 8 dollars yesterday, 5-8 a week earlier. Etc. Don't wanna check but i'm sure i'm hitting at least 50 a month,...when i don't get a bigger ticket 30 dollar synth.

Microwarmer and old timer are great - both are of the few plugins I'd advise people to get no matter what else they have. Saturn is different than microwarmer, both worth having. But put microwarmer on a drum bus and watch the magic happen...

• @vpich said:

@skiphunt said:

picked up micro warmer too, dammit i wanted to stop buying stuff until i pick up some lights and lumafusion.

initial tests are good for me, will properly use when i mix something . but yeah,,....no way you are going to be able to tell how good a dynamic processor is without proper monitoring.

Got home and tried out microwarmer with some passable Sennheisers. Big difference! I was initially apprehensive based on the preset names. They read like the plugin was more tagerted for specific use that I don't really have. But, I just tried it on some organ, and some synths that were a little cold and thin. Really brought them out much more full and... well... "warmer"

Trying to decide if I'm going to grab echo or not. I already have and love Timeless2, and I'm not really into meticulous mastering stuff at the moment.

• edited March 2017

Damn, I already blew this week's wad on Pro-G to tame my guitar noise, instead of doing the smart thing and just fixing the Tele. Some days you just don't feel like getting out of the house.

That said, I love Microwarmer. Have always been interested in PianoVerb and may as well get an easier-to-dial-in delay for times when Timeless isn't needed.

I always play in Auria these days just for the plugins. The times when I load up everything in AUM I usually end up missing the FFs and switch over

• @skiphunt said:
    Trying to decide if I'm going to grab echo or not. I already have and love Timeless2...

I'm asking myself the same question... I've seen several videos demonstrating PSP Echo, and I think (someone can tell me if I'm wrong) that Timeles 2 can acheive so much more ! Perhaps, Echo is more easy to use and can help to obtain a more direct result, but I haven't heard anything that can't be done using Timeless 2 (+ Saturn eventually)...

• edited March 2017

@Gratouilli said:

@skiphunt said:
    Trying to decide if I'm going to grab echo or not. I already have and love Timeless2...

I'm asking myself the same question... I've seen several videos demonstrating PSP Echo, and I think (someone can tell me if I'm wrong) that Timeles 2 can acheive so much more ! Perhaps, Echo is more easy to use and can help to obtain a more direct result, but I haven't heard anything that can't be done using Timeless 2 (+ Saturn eventually)...

There's a good review of PSP Echo on Resident Advisor, but it's from 2012
    https://www.residentadvisor.net/reviews/12655

The Ducking feature in PSP Echo looks pretty cool and may be unique vs Timeless 2:

(Ducker demo at around 5:30)

But, it looks like you can get essentially the same ducking effect in Timeless 2 via setting the threshold envelope setting.

(Envelope threshold ducking like behavior around 2:07)

Looks so far... that the main benefit of PSP Echo vs Timeless 2, may be ease of use and getting to the bread & butter stuff more quickly.

• @skiphunt said:
    Looks so far... that the main benefit of PSP Echo vs Timeless 2, may be ease of use and getting to the bread & butter stuff more quickly.

Yes, exactly what I think too, and as I'm used to Timeless 2... it's 5€ saved for me :)

• As well as the ease-of-use, PSP Echo has a nice wow and flutter emulation. It might be possible to set up wow and flutter in Timeless but I personally wouldn't know how. For tape-style delays PSP Echo has a great UI that's easy to grok.

That's why I set up my virtual ADT effect in PSP echo rather than Timeless, much easier to get that tape-like flanging/chorusing/detuning that is crucial to the effect.

• @richardyot said:
    As well as the ease-of-use, PSP Echo has a nice wow and flutter emulation. It might be possible to set up wow and flutter in Timeless but I personally wouldn't know how. For tape-style delays PSP Echo has a great UI that's easy to grok.

That's why I set up my virtual ADT effect in PSP echo rather than Timeless, much easier to get that tape-like flanging/chorusing/detuning that is crucial to the effect.

I'm curious. is the springverb worth grabbing ? the others look delicious so i will probably grab them. just not sure about the springverb.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@richardyot said:
    As well as the ease-of-use, PSP Echo has a nice wow and flutter emulation. It might be possible to set up wow and flutter in Timeless but I personally wouldn't know how. For tape-style delays PSP Echo has a great UI that's easy to grok.

I'm curious. is the springverb worth grabbing ? the others look delicious so i will probably grab them. just not sure about the springverb.

It's the only one I personally hardly ever use, but it has been recommended further up the thread.

• @Gratouilli said:

@skiphunt said:

Echo is the best of the lot. It is ... beautiful. And essential. Timeless is great for audio Picasso, but Echo is for when you just want to capture a beautiful photo.

Get Echo, try to find a way to hate it, and if either of you succeed, I'll send you five bucks. Mind you, I'm a Hoosier, so those could be Bambi Bucks, but hopefully you take my well-intentioned meaning :wink:

• @eustressor said:
    Get Echo, try to find a way to hate it, and if either of you succeed, I'll send you five bucks.

In fact, I couldn't resist... I'm a real sucker for delays ! B)

• Sorry if this is a little OT... I haven't had much chance to use Auria Pro since I bought it, but is it practical to use for just jamming, not recording? In other words, if I bought some of these PSP plugins, put them on an armed track (e.g. Microwarmer & Echo), plugged in an instrument and just played, does that work? Or does cpu usage or latency mess things up? That's what's making me hold off on IAPs in Auria right now, I don't know if it's only useful for recording/mixing/mastering etc - I haven't got into that stuff yet! On an iPad Air 2 BTW...
    Thanks

• @Durwin99, I also have an Air 2 and I often play my guitar plugged in a Apogee Jam, direct in Auria Pro with Saturn, Timeless 2 and Volcano active on the track.

• @Gratouilli said:
    @Durwin99, I also have an Air 2 and I often play my guitar plugged in a Apogee Jam, direct in Auria Pro with Saturn, Timeless 2 and Volcano active on the track.

I also do this. Works great!

• @Durwin99 said:
    Sorry if this is a little OT... I haven't had much chance to use Auria Pro since I bought it, but is it practical to use for just jamming, not recording? In other words, if I bought some of these PSP plugins, put them on an armed track (e.g. Microwarmer & Echo), plugged in an instrument and just played, does that work? Or does cpu usage or latency mess things up? That's what's making me hold off on IAPs in Auria right now, I don't know if it's only useful for recording/mixing/mastering etc - I haven't got into that stuff yet! On an iPad Air 2 BTW...
    Thanks

Auria is fine for jamming. Set your latency to 128, or 64 if you have the juice, a couple of FX on your armed track and jam away. PSP echo is more CPU friendly than Timeless, so is particularly suited for this.

If you have Pro-R you can also set up some Big Sky like reverbs.

• ! O. > @Durwin99 said:

Sorry if this is a little OT... I haven't had much chance to use Auria Pro since I bought it, but is it practical to use for just jamming, not recording? In other words, if I bought some of these PSP plugins, put them on an armed track (e.g. Microwarmer & Echo), plugged in an instrument and just played, does that work? Or does cpu usage or latency mess things up? That's what's making me hold off on IAPs in Auria right now, I don't know if it's only useful for recording/mixing/mastering etc - I haven't got into that stuff yet! On an iPad Air 2 BTW...
    Thanks

My issue with this is no link. Until auria pro gets link i only plan to use it to mix projects.

• @eustressor said:

@Gratouilli said:

@skiphunt said:

Echo is the best of the lot. It is ... beautiful. And essential. Timeless is great for audio Picasso, but Echo is for when you just want to capture a beautiful photo.

Get Echo, try to find a way to hate it, and if either of you succeed, I'll send you five bucks. Mind you, I'm a Hoosier, so those could be Bambi Bucks, but hopefully you take my well-intentioned meaning :wink:

That's a good breakdown and analogy. The ducking part sounds cool and appeared easier to wrangle than in Timeless 2. Will likely get it too. thanks!

• I finally cracked and picked up Microwarmer. My last few albums have uses the Vintage Warmer plugin on PC quite a bit, so I figured this was a safe purchase. Added some nice fullness to a lead guitar track I'm working on - I'm using Amazing Noises' Limiter to push a dry, direct signal to break up, then using the Micrwarmer and AN's Reverb to fill it out. When I'm ready to mix I'll use Pro-Q 2 to tame any weirdness. It's sounding really great, and the Microwarmer helps take the edge off the brittle-ness of the digital distortion.

• Got oldtimer too. Great. Sounds like warm hardware and easy to use.

• @vpich said:
    ! O. > @Durwin99 said:

Thanks

My issue with this is no link. Until auria pro gets link i only plan to use it to mix projects.

Actually going back on this now. Spent an hour waiting for my car's oil change setting up my 3 mainstays (trouble maker, gadget and model 15) as inserts into audio channels into auria. Disabled all link and start and stop on ap launches everything in sync arps, recorded notes etc. . This way i jam in one environment and can record it where i'm going to mix. Then after i record the individual instruments, in gadget i can export individual tracks and import those into ap. Plus i don't have to commit to any fx before importing tracks to ap. Also i'll get a chance to use neo soul keys more and include other apps that i would play free form and record standard midi. Set it up as a template and will see how hard i can push it without glitching.

• Thanks for sharing your workflow!

I don't have old timer so it sounds tempting at this ridiculous price but lately been working KRFT so much on iPhone haven't touched AP in a while.

@vpich said:

@vpich said:
    ! O. > @Durwin99 said:

Thanks

Actually going back on this now. Spent an hour waiting for my car's oil change setting up my 3 mainstays (trouble maker, gadget and model 15) as inserts into audio channels into auria. Disabled all link and start and stop on ap launches everything in sync arps, recorded notes etc. . This way i jam in one environment and can record it where i'm going to mix. Then after i record the individual instruments, in gadget i can export individual tracks and import those into ap. Plus i don't have to commit to any fx before importing tracks to ap. Also i'll get a chance to use neo soul keys more and include other apps that i would play free form and record standard midi. Set it up as a template and will see how hard i can push it without glitching.