Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Apple Hardware Updates Tomorrow? (Tuesday)

Apple's online store is going down from 12am - 5:30am PST for "maintenance," which is consistent with previous product updates to the online store, so Mac Rumors is drawing a line between rumors of new products and this downtime.

https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Or it's just, you know, maintenance.

Comments

• Would be great to see some product updates, I'm guessing small revisions to to the iPad Pro devices and the iPhone SE. We'll know tomorrow :smile:

• Interesting. Many people expected an actual event to announce new iPads but invitations haven’t been sent, it sounds like. Maybe they can just quietly release new products?
    It may sound completely unrelated but my hope is actually about software releases (including iOS 10.3). Maybe there could be some music stuff coming. Of course, they did update Logic Pro X a few weeks ago but MainStage 3.3 is required for Logic Remote and it’s still not available.

While waiting for the 3s (Gadget, AB, BM…), we may get some March stuff from Apple. Who knows?

• Maybe they're just doing maintenance on the website. :)

• I predict it'll be their new Augmented Reality Distortion Field.

• Perhaps they're going to fix the Air 2 screen rotation bug?

• @u0421793 said:
    I predict it'll be their new Augmented Reality Distortion Field.

I hope AB3 will be Augmented Reality Distortion Field compatible, so we can get into the music.

• ipads with 3D touch
    A new MacPro
    KabyLake Macbook Pro
    New adapters
    However, it must be more than maintenance since they tell me they have something special for me :#

• Whatever it is will be amazing, stunning, and most certainly "our best ever" even if it is just a new Apple.com

• edited March 2017

I doubt they release new iPads without an event. But maybe this time it´s really a minor update.
    In a few hours we know more.
    The "our best ever" is really hurting my brain every time they say that. My mind screams then "really, do you think we doesn´t know that, damn, do you think we are so damn stupid".
    But then i disagree even sometimes. Less battery capacity (which can surprise you with your hardware which won´t be charged anymore even if that works with older devices), remove headphone jack and take back some useful features (like Sonoma pasteboard which was better than the general pasteboard) etc. is not what i call "best ever".
    They still go for me since years this: One step forward, 1/2 step back, 1 step forward, 1/2 step back etc.
    I still resist about a windows 10 multi-touch device, mainly due to the better multi-touch apps on iOS, but it´s hard to ignore some of those newer 2-1 hybrids with i7 cores, thunderbolt 3 and whatever for the same or even less money than an iPad Pro. With the latest AMD Ryzen we might see also cheaper powerful devices in near future if they bring that to the notebook/tablet level.

• edited March 2017

@cib, If they have to say it so much, they must be trying to cover something that would otherwise appear to be "not the best ever"

iCloud was the biggest example of this to me. "Enjoy this new amazing service!" (while we stop upgrading minimum storage capacity for the next 5 years). Maddening.

• Must be an Apple TV 4.5 then.

• Applestore up again. But see nothing new at first glance...

• @mannix said:
    Applestore up again. But see nothing new at first glance...

R U sure? http://store.apple.com is still down.

• The all new iVisor just because they can....
    Comes with a guarantee that the intense wifi constantly encircling your cranium will actually improve hallucinations of reality

• @Munibeast said:

@mannix said:

If you click on the website you can just surf through it.

• @mannix said:

@Munibeast said:

@mannix said:

If you click on the website you can just surf through it.

Right but that's not the store then. Try the above link for the store. It's still offline.

• Cheap iPad 9.7 & red iPhones.

• edited March 2017

^ yep, thats it.

( and it seems this is the beginning of the phase out of iPad Mini. Only one storage option now, the 128GB)

• iPhone SE got a storage bump as well.

• edited March 2017

New iPad has A9 chip as compared to the Pros A9X, the cpu is almost as fast though (1.6 times the A8 compared to 1.85 times for the A9X) - not sure how that compares to the A8X in the Air 2 though, so may not be much of an upgrade there.

• @Peter321 said:
    New iPad has A9 chip as compared to the Pros A9X, the cpu is almost as fast though (1.6 times the A8 compared to 1.85 times for the A9X) - not sure how that compares to the A8X in the Air 2 though, so may not be much of an upgrade there.

Yea it looks more like a product to take away the "air" thing and a very small upgrade to air 2. Looks like they are going with ipad mini, ipad and ipad pro.

• I guess I'll wait until the fall to replace my Air 2 ;)

• Awesome news, the Air 2 lives on! One of the best tech purchases I've ever made.

• edited March 2017

Intersting that the iPad is thicker, from 6.1mm back to 7.5mm same as Air 1. Hopefully that means it has a bigger battery?

• Mmhhhh, not sure what to think about but the pro is that i could get again an iPad for 399€ which is at least as fast as my iPhone 6S plus (iPad Air 1 was my last, sold it a while ago).
    Maybe Apple marge is not good for the high end and they realized that the crowd just want a cheap tablet with enough space to run a few favourite apps.
    32 GB would be good for me if i use it for synths mainly without much sample use and/or as versatile midi controller as additional device.
    The maybe not so good thing is that it will hold "pro" music apps back to go to the next level since also new apps have to support the specs including RAM, CPU, no 3D touch etc. for the next years.
    I just wonder now what that means for the next generation of pro iPads.
    Maybe we have to wait until fall now since they otherwise would release that all at the same time.
    Or they just want to sell some old stuff with better cpu before releasing the new high end line?
    I think for 399€ it is a great additional device to reactivate all my iPad apps i can´t use at the moment.
    But if they then release the new iPad Pro´s a month later with much better specs and maybe/hopefully 3D touch (still for me THE feature from Apple in the last years for music apps) i would be a bit annoyed.
    So i wait until the middle of April and see what happens. I also want to see what Microsoft will do with Surface 5.
    However, it looks like the yearly "real" upgrades are over for idevices too. And that is a good thing for me. If they now would slow down the major OS releases too for just every 2 years f.e. it would be even better.

• edited March 2017

iPad Mini4 looks ok for the storage and packs enough punch for performance. I'll probably replace my Mini2 with it at some point.

• The A9 looks to be a nice speed bump over the 8X. This should make a good upgrade from the mini 2 for me.
    http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/iPad-Pro-charts.001.png

• Apple Store app now requires ios10 or higher.

Deleted

• @pichi said:
    The A9 looks to be a nice speed bump over the 8X. This should make a good upgrade from the mini 2 for me.

It's not that clear-cut, that graph shows single-core performance, but the A8X is a triple core and the A9 a dual core, so in a multi-tasking environment, say when you are using multiple apps together, the older chip might well be faster.

Most first-hand reports seem to state that performance differences between the Air 2 and Pro are relatively small.

• @richardyot said:

@pichi said:
    The A9 looks to be a nice speed bump over the 8X. This should make a good upgrade from the mini 2 for me.

It's not that clear-cut, that graph shows single-core performance, but the A8X is a triple core and the A9 a dual core, so in a multi-tasking environment, say when you are using multiple apps together, the older chip might well be faster.

Most first-hand reports seem to state that performance differences between the Air 2 and Pro are relatively small.

OK Thanks. I guess it's all about the price then.