Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Allen and Heath ZEDi Mixers

I did a search (several actually) on the forum but couldn't find anything on this. Is anyone using an Allen and Heath ZEDi mixer with their iPad? If so, how is it? It seems like an ideal solution for my needs: a mixer for when I'm noodling about (not recording) and an interface for recording. The descriptions of the mixer say they are iOS compatible, but I can't find much on people actually using it with iPads or iPhones.

Comments

• Zedi-8 says it's class compliant on the site. You should be good to go (I don't have one :/ )

• @audiblevideo said:
    Zedi-8 says it's class compliant on the site. You should be good to go (I don't have one :/ )

Yeah, I know that it is supposed to work, but I'm looking for real-life conformation and opinions from users. It seems to be a good deal, but I haven't seen much online from actual users, so I'm suspicious/concerned.

• I have one and it works as advertised. Nice sounding and built well. Have used it to record into auria pro through a cck. Every track has a record button that busses what goes out the record output. Very useful. I have the 10 fx.

• Thanks @vpich . I plan on using one with Auria Pro, so it was good to hear that specifically..

• My Behringer does audio over USB but one stereo track of the main mix only not the individual tracks.

• @Tritonman said:
    My Behringer does audio over USB but one stereo track of the main mix only not the individual tracks.

Yeah, just stereo out here too. U can hard pan 2 mixer channels and send 2 mono tracks to auria. But cool thing is that you can have 6-7 instruments connected at all times and just route what you want.

• Not tried recording with the Behringer yet as I have some other options that are just easier for me however now you have me wanting to take a stab at hard panning my guitar and a mike for writing purposes in particular.

• I think the best choice is indeed the A&H. Not sure it record and playback on each track with EQ ? (that's not possible with the Soundcraft Signature TRK)

• I've got a Zed 10, but it looks to me that the Zedi series has more than stereo in/out - the Zedi 10, for example, 4 in 4 out over usb. This is something I'd personally find highly useful, rather than the two channel of the Zed 10. My tascam us-100 has exactly the same chip inside and unfortunately, the same manufacturing ID embedded in it, so plugging both of them into the mac results in only one of them being seen in any usable sense. It is also the same chip as the Behringer uca-222/202.