Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cascading Piano

I've been fascinated with this new album 'No Home of the Mind' by Bing & Ruth

There's sounds like the piano sounds are sort of cascading off and on throughout. Excellent album that I just ordered.

But was wondering if you could get a similar cascading effect using something like @midiSequencer 's app or possibly his new, yet to be released Quantum app?

Comments

• Interesting listen and video, will check out more, thanks for posting

• @Arpseechord said:
    Interesting listen and video, will check out more, thanks for posting

Was mostly interested in how that cascading sound can be created, and I thought I'd heard a similar effect in one of @midiSequencer 's recent demo tracks made with his Quantum app.

About this album... I must've listened to it a couple dozen times on Spotify and never tired of it. Mesmerizing. With that many pleasurable listens, decided to buy the album for my collection.

Here's another one from that same album.

• edited March 2017

Well... that's really not an special effect or is it?

I could play them on an acoustic piano if I were to cover this song... maybe I'm not getting what's the thing you're referring to as a cascading piano effect. The piano parts sound like "normal" acoustic piano parts.

• edited March 2017

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

Was mostly interested in how that cascading sound can be created, and I thought I'd heard a similar effect in one of @midiSequencer 's recent demo tracks made with his Quantum app.

About this album... I must've listened to it a couple dozen times on Spotify and never tired of it. Mesmerizing. With that many pleasurable listens, decided to buy the album for my collection.

Definitely Mesmerizing. Always fun trying to unravel or figure out something! Thanks for this link :)
    Just watched and listened. Quite interesting, to me it seems the music is tailored for the video. There seems to be a quiet underlining story in each video. What's it like listening to the music without the video accompanying it? What does the music alone conjure in your mind?

• @Lacm1993 said:
    Well... that's really not an special effect or is it?

I could play them on an acoustic piano if I were to cover this song... maybe I'm not getting what's the thing you're referring to as a cascading piano effect. The piano parts sound like "normal" acoustic piano parts.

Mostly referring to the first video, but I've noticed it throughout the album. Parts of it sound like it's not being played and more like some sequencing effect. But, I could be wrong.

• @Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

Definitely Mesmerizing. Always fun trying to unravel or figure out something! Thanks for this link :)
    Just watched and listened. Quite interesting, to me it seems the music is tailored for the video. There seems to be a quiet underlining story in each video. What's it like listening to the music without the video accompanying it? What does the music alone conjure in your mind?

I only saw the video today when I was looking for a link for this post. Until today, I'd only been listening to it. Never tired of it, and found it soothing and calming.

• @skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

@skiphunt said:

@Arpseechord said:

I only saw the video today when I was looking for a link for this post. Until today, I'd only been listening to it. Never tired of it, and found it soothing and calming.

Very good, my favorite way to experience music is with quality headsets and closed eyes.
    Thanks for posting I shall investigate this music more