Apps of the Zoom MS-100bt now free!

For those of you that own one, get them now for free (and put them all on your device because i'm pretty sure the StompShare app will be abandoned i.e. not updated to 64bit...)

Comments

  • 13 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Yes, and yesterday (or close to it) they released an update for the ms50g that added tons of new effects - hoping the ms60b gets the same treatment.

  • Thanks for the heads up!

  • edited March 19 Vote Up0

    Just downloaded for my brother who has this pedal.Btw, I realized now that this is a stereo in/out pedal multieffect. Anybody using for their Ipad setups? Does it work well with synths and so on?

  • @AlexB said:
    Just downloaded for my brother who has this pedal.Btw, I realized now that this is a stereo in/out pedal multieffect. Anybody using for their Ipad setups? Does it work well with synths and so on?

    Works fine for me. But i use it more with hardware.

  • rcfrcf
    edited March 20 Vote Up0

    Thanks for the info; I just loaded a few more of the (now) free effects onto my MS-100BT today.

    I hope they do bring out an updated replacement for this pedal; some of the obscure ambient delays, reverbs and filters are not available on more recent Zoom pedals... also the Defret effect which I use a lot. The MS-100BT is a really great budget pedal... especially for ambient stuff. I also have the MS-70CDR and the G1on. I use the Zoom in parallel with various iPad effects, and I mix the parallel effects streams with a passive Art SplitMix.

  • @mrufino1 said:
    Yes, and yesterday (or close to it) they released an update for the ms50g that added tons of new effects - hoping the ms60b gets the same treatment.

    Cool. I had no idea, thank you!

    @VincentT said:

    @AlexB said:
    Just downloaded for my brother who has this pedal.Btw, I realized now that this is a stereo in/out pedal multieffect. Anybody using for their Ipad setups? Does it work well with synths and so on?

    Works fine for me. But i use it more with hardware.

    Same. It's pretty much dedicated as a synth effects box for me. Think it sounds/works great for the price but I've not run the iPad through it.

  • @mrufino1 said:
    Yes, and yesterday (or close to it) they released an update for the ms50g that added tons of new effects - hoping the ms60b gets the same treatment.

    Wait. Holy FX Batman. Looks like the new firmware more than doubled the number of models in the thing. Including 'modern' models based on newer Strymon, TC and EH pedals.

    Original effects list: 10 pages.
    https://www.zoom-na.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/MS-50G_FX-list_English.pdf

    V3 firmware update list: 30 pages.
    https://www.zoom-na.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/E_MS-50G_FX-list_v3.pdf

    I don't have the BT version. Shame the editor for the 50g (is the editor new too?) is only available for desktop.

    Very cool move of Zoom to take the time and effort to make all of the BT effects free as they discontinue the pedal.

  • I'm hoping the ms60b gets the same. I got a b1on yesterday as well, I used to have one but it broke. It has more effects but I'm not 100% sure I'll keep it on my pedalboard. If the ms60b gets a similar update though then it's not going anywhere for a long time.

  • Does anyone in Germany want to buy my B3? It's in good condition. 100€. Give a shout if you're interested.

  • So, what was the cost model for this before? I own the G1on (the plastic $49 thing that has the models from the G3), but I didn't know there was a pay model for amps and content on the other Zoom stuff. Are all the effects free now, also?

    I recently got a Hotone XTOMP and actually like it quite a bit. This would probably be overkill to also own this, but I hear generally good things.

  • @StormJH1 Yes. All IAP (amps, effects, etc) are now free.

Sign In or Register to comment.