Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connecting iPad to Mac without software

A few weeks ago I followed a link I found (here?) to a video showing how the second latest version of Mac OS (10.11) allowed connection of iPads to the Mac without further software, I believe thru AudioMIDI setup. I failed to take notes, and now cannot remember the approach. Did anyone else see this, and if so, can you point me in the right direction?

Comments

• yeah, connect the cable then from the audio midi setup app there is a new menu item which lists ios devices and allows you to enable them. 44k audio, no midi

• edited March 2017

@wellingtonCres said:
    yeah, connect the cable then from the audio midi setup app there is a new menu item which lists ios devices and allows you to enable them. 44k audio, no midi

You can get midi as well, but not 100% sure if it works only via bluetooth(if the mac isnt some really old one), without any latency. But midimux is free and allows midi over usb

• @ToMess said:

@wellingtonCres said:
    yeah, connect the cable then from the audio midi setup app there is a new menu item which lists ios devices and allows you to enable them. 44k audio, no midi

You can get midi as well, but not 100% sure if it works only via bluetooth(if the mac isnt some really old one), without any latency. But midimux is free and allows midi over usb

Not sure about midimux but I use midimttr for midi over usb. Works great at the same time as audio and is free.

• edited March 2017

There is no need of any extra software or cables for midi via Bluetooth since Apple Yosemite. I use it constantly (NI Kontrol S49 > FM4 and Model15).

Here is a video. Its in german, but you should get it in spite of that.

• Thanks, that was it. Didn't realize you needed to open a new window to see that.

@wellingtonCres said: