Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PixiTracker 1Bit XM export to SunVox?

Just saw on Palmsounds that Pixeltracker 1BIt was updated and you can export your sequence to XM for FastTracker 2 or SunVox.

Anyone know how this is done? I've created a sequence in PixelTracker 1Bit and exported it to XM in SunVox, but I don't where that actually goes, or how I import it into SunVox. Anyone?

Comments

• I don't have the answers for you, but I do know there are tons of Sunvox videos on YouTube. They are not usually iPad based tutorials, but the app is similar enough between the platforms that you should be able to get the gist. Here's one to start:

...and down the vortex we go.

• @aaronpc said:
    I don't have the answers for you, but I do know there are tons of Sunvox videos on YouTube. They are not usually iPad based tutorials, but the app is similar enough between the platforms that you should be able to get the gist. Here's one to start:

Sorry if that was some kind of "vortex-inducing" inquiry. I've found SunVox to be kinda fiddly for making the actual sequences in the tracker. PixelTracker 1Bit is much easier. Was hoping the recent PixelTracker 1Bit update for export to SunVox would somehow make sequencing/tracking easier.

• if i remember, when you open a song, there are two icons on top of that menu. a house and two dots next to it. you click on the dots and it takes you away from the songs folder and you might see one called inbox. i believe it might show up there? thats normally how some ios programs work [by having importrd files on the inbox folder]

• @perestroika said:
    if i remember, when you open a song, there are two icons on top of that menu. a house and two dots next to it. you click on the dots and it takes you away from the songs folder and you might see one called inbox. i believe it might show up there? thats normally how some ios programs work [by having importrd files on the inbox folder]

I don't see it in the song load inbox.

PixelTracker 1Bit exports a .xm file. My guess is that you import your .xm file into one of the modules, but I don't know which one or specifically how the 1Bit xm sequence is used in the module and project. Perhaps as an arp function, and not a song sequence.

No matter. I'll look for a video later. Just thought there might be some users here who knew exactly what I was asking about and could clarify.

Thanks anyway though.

• I'm beginning to think there's only a few people who really understand SunVox, and they're the one's making the videos.

• @aaronpc said:
    I'm beginning to think there's only a few people who really understand SunVox, and they're the one's making the videos.

I'm beginning to think the same. It's an amazing app that I've only discovered in small chunks here and there, but there are levels of complexity deeper in this app that I've barely even scratched at all thus far.

• As far as I understand, you just open it with Load project. I don't have PixelTracker but I downloaded an XM file from modarchive.org and opened it in SunVox(desktop version) w/o any problems. Patterns, modules, everything was there and sounded pretty good

PS. This random file: http://modarchive.org/index.php?request=view_by_moduleid&query=136226

• edited March 2017

Sent it from Dropbox to Sunvox iOS via 'Open in' and it's playing now. Can it be that it's something wrong with the PixelTracker export feature?

Apparently, it opens a file as a new project but does not save the actual file, so I had to save it as a new project

• @aaronpc said:
    I'm beginning to think there's only a few people who really understand SunVox, and they're the one's making the videos.

Ditto. SunVox is its own universe.

• @Enkerli said:

@aaronpc said:

Ditto. SunVox is its own universe.

Far Far Away...................................

• edited March 2017

@yug said:
    Sent it from Dropbox to Sunvox iOS via 'Open in' and it's playing now. Can it be that it's something wrong with the PixelTracker export feature?

Apparently, it opens a file as a new project but does not save the actual file, so I had to save it as a new project

Will try again later... on my iPhone 5 and it's screen is a little wee for mucking about in this interface. But, I bet this is a good clue. Might need to have SunVox already open. I can't see my "testsequence.xm" file anywhere in any of the libraries, but maybe there's one somewhere specifically for .xm files?

• @yug said:

I just tried on my iPad now. My "testsequence.xm" file after using the new "Export to XM (FT2/SunVox/...)" feature... goes somewhere, but I can't see it in any directories via SunVox OR PixelTracker 1Bit.

However, I just checked via iFunBox and my "testsquence.xm" file is listed in the document folder of PixelTracker 1Bit, but not in any of the SunVox directories. Also, it's not listed anywhere within the PixelTracker 1Bit app either. I can only see it via iFunBox.

This is a wild speculation, but I know Comrade Zolotov has been busy working on a big update to SunVox lately. I wonder if the new PixelTracker 1Bit export to XM feature, that was just updated yesterday, is actually for something that doesn't exist in the current SunVox build just yet?

• edited March 2017

Update: I think my last speculation might be correct, ie. the export xm is something new that hasn't been added to SunVox yet.

I took my "testsequence.xm" file that I can ONLY see via iFunBox within PixelTracker 1Bit's documents (not visible via the app) and moved "testsequence.xm" to my dropbox. I then "opened in" from dropbox into SunVox and it brought in my tracking sequence, and all of the little synth components. But, it didn't save to any of the libraries. I tried saving it at that point and got a file saving error with no project saved. Also tried "save as" and got the same file saving error in SunVox.

PixelTracker 1Bit is creating a package that can be moved to SunVox ONLY via iFunBox/Dropbox open-in... it brings everything over and is playable with the synths and output all set up with the new tracking sequence, but there's no way to actually transfer, open, play, and save the project... via the apps alone. Unless it's right there and I simply haven't figured it out yet.

So, I'm almost sure that this new feature in PixelTracker 1Bit is for a yet to be submitted new build of SunVox.

• edited March 2017

Try saving it to a root folder - the one that contains Inbox, examples, etc

I got that error when saving to Inbox but then got it saved to the documents root folder via 'Save as'

• @yug said:

I got that error when saving to Inbox but then got it saved to the documents root folder via 'Save as'

Wife is making me abandon this for now ;) but will try later. Still, I can't see my "testsequence.xm" document at all via Pixeltracker 1Bit OR SunVox after using the new Export to XM feature just released yesterday for PixelTracker 1Bit. The fact that the only way I can do any of this at all is by using iFunBox/Dropbox, etc. makes me think this isn't ready for primetime yet, or will work as expected after SunVox is updated soon.

• @skiphunt said:

@yug said:

Wife is making me abandon this for now ;) but will try later. Still, I can't see my "testsequence.xm" document at all via Pixeltracker 1Bit OR SunVox after using the new Export to XM feature just released yesterday for PixelTracker 1Bit. The fact that the only way I can do any of this at all is by using iFunBox/Dropbox, etc. makes me think this isn't ready for primetime yet, or will work as expected after SunVox is updated soon.

Yes, probably it's not fully ready yet.

By the way, don't forget to specify the file name when saving - I think that was my mistake from the very beginning and it had nothing to do with the target folder

• edited March 2017

Alright... I think I figured this out. Not as intuitive as it could be... and I think my previous "not ready" speculation was incorrect.

I doubt most of you care ;) but for those who do, this is how it works:

Once you work out your sequence in PixelTracker 1Bit, with all your little sounds and the tracking sequence, etc... you then go to the Export/Import screen. First give it a name and export to XM. The screen isn't clear on this, because it implies you're exporting to FT2 and/or SunVox. What you are actually doing, is merely exporting your PixelTracker 1Bit format project to a new XM file format thats readable by FastTracker 2 (I believe this is only a PC application) and SunVox, as well as other programs that support the .xm format.

THEN, also from the Export/Import screen, you can select to export via wifi and you'll be given a URL.

Enter this URL in your iOS Safari browser and you'll see all of the files in PixelTracker 1Bit, including your newly created .xm project, ie. "testsequence.xm".

From this browser file management screen in Safari, click your "testsequence.xm" file, and then you can "Open In" SunVox.

Everything will be in SunVox. All of the bit synth sounds, your sequence and tracking. All of the synths will already be connected to an output as well.

Then, save your project. Use "Save As", name your project, and save to the root as @yug mentioned.

That's it!

This is really cool if you use these apps and find the tracker in SunVox a PITA to work with. It's MUCH easier and simpler to work out your sequence tracking in PixelTracker 1Bit, then take it into SunVox to further shape for more weirdness. :)

• Anybody have the free pic version? Maybe I'll try it later.

• edited March 2017

@aaronpc said:
    Anybody have the free pic version? Maybe I'll try it later.

I have the free PC version on my Surface 3. The last SunVox update was optimized for Windows touch and it's great on the big screen...and very nice to have a real file explorer to use with it.

• edited March 2017

@aaronpc said:

I'm a complete noob to "trackers" but this site seems to have lots of options and resources listed with many of them being free and on various platforms. http://trackerbase.blogspot.com/2014/01/fasttracker-2.html

• @skiphunt said:

@aaronpc said:

I'm a complete noob to "trackers" but this site seems to have lots of options and resources listed with many of them being free and on various platforms. http://trackerbase.blogspot.com/2014/01/fasttracker-2.html

Another interesting import vector for Sunvox, inside the iOS eco system is Vividtracker which is a very straight ahead tracker, with keyboard entry if your set up for it, that produces .mod file projects that directly "open in" Sunvox directly from the Vividtracker GUI...

• Or you could use a MIDI file.

• PixiTracker (not "Pixel") is great on all platforms and as with SunVox using them on Computer really helps the iOS versions feel more familiar and comfortable.

• edited March 2017

Yeah, ok. Thanks for correcting my spelling.

I'm surprised no one else knew how this worked, i.e. getting PixiTracker 1Bit projects into SunVox. I thought there were a lot of SunVox users here.

Anyway, glad I figured it out for myself and I hope my sharing how to do it helps someone else.

Cheers

• @aaronpc said:
    I don't have the answers for you, but I do know there are tons of Sunvox videos on YouTube. They are not usually iPad based tutorials, but the app is similar enough between the platforms that you should be able to get the gist. Here's one to start:

BTW: this video is for FastTracker 2 on the PC. Not SunVox. But thanks for the link anyway.

• Ah. sorry. I was rushing out the door.

• edited March 2017

As of an hour ago or so the same export feature has been added to the first (non 1Bit) PixiTracker... along with a few more kits.

Thanks @skiphunt for the method...I'm a longtime Sunvox devotee but using the wifi server function is a first for me.

Just sent a PixiTracker project from my iPhone, to my iPad install of Sunvox.

Marvelous, really. Both versions of PixiTracker are such perfect gems in what they do, and Sunvox is the treasure chest

• @Littlewoodg said:
    As of an hour ago or so the same export feature has been added to the first (non 1Bit) PixiTracker... along with a few more kits.

Thanks @skiphunt for the method...I'm a longtime Sunvox devotee but using the server function is a first for me

I just saw that on PixiTracker. I originally bought PixiTracker, but I notice earlier today that there's a bundle now. If you have one of the PixiTrackers, you can download the other one now for free in the bundle. :)

• edited March 2017

@skiphunt said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Thanks @skiphunt for the method...I'm a longtime Sunvox devotee but using the server function is a first for me

I just saw that on PixiTracker. I originally bought PixiTracker, but I notice earlier today that there's a bundle now. If you have one of the PixiTrackers, you can download the other one now for free in the bundle. :)

Xmas in March. It's been my policy since Sunvox went live on iOS to just buy everything Zolotov makes...free stuff just spreads the joy

• edited March 2017

@Jocphone said:
    Or you could use a MIDI file.

You've reminded me again, Sunvox kinda does it all