Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro Midi clock woes. Calling All Auria Pro's for Assist!

Hey Guys.

I've been trying for hrs now but i just cannot get most IAA apps to accept Auria's midiclock out.
So far i've Tried to get AUM,Modstep and Model15 to behave and completely failed.
could someone please point me in the right direction if you've managed to any of these to work ?
would much appreciate it.

Comments

• I believe, if I've followed some recent posts properly, that Link needs to be turned off in apps you want to use midi clock in - have you tried that?

• AUM doesn't use MIDI clock at all so that explains one piece of your puzzle.

• @yowza said:
    AUM doesn't use MIDI clock at all so that explains one piece of your puzzle.

i kind of got that. but neither modstep nor model15 seems to react to aurias clock either.
    Completely baffled atm :(> @wigglelights said:

I believe, if I've followed some recent posts properly, that Link needs to be turned off in apps you want to use midi clock in - have you tried that?

yep. makes no difference at all.

• I can vouch aurias MTC capabilities.. I can sync it to old hardware with ease. I don't see why it would have a problem with midi clock.

• Had a glance at the Model15 manual and saw no mention of MTC at all....

• I've basically given up at this point. Back to aim+modstep for now :/ atleast with this combo I have Aux parameter automation and clock that works across everything...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I've basically given up at this point. Back to aim+modstep for now :/ atleast with this combo I have Aux parameter automation and clock that works across everything...

I just gave a shot to AP+M15 and everything worked without any effort:
    Loaded AP
    Added a midi track with M15
    Disabled link
    Press play
    Tempo synced

And also with MS but it isn't working properly(the clock syncs but song position, start and stop act strange)
    Load a audio track
    Load MS into that track as an insert.
    Set Auria to route both clock and mtc to modstep

• I've seen a few videos from Doug @thesoundtestroom where he uses SeekBeat's stable Midiclock to control apps that don't have such a solid Midi clock ... not sure if it will solve this specific issue, but SeekBeats just so happens to be on sale right now :wink:

• @mschenkel.it said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I've basically given up at this point. Back to aim+modstep for now :/ atleast with this combo I have Aux parameter automation and clock that works across everything...

I just gave a shot to AP+M15 and everything worked without any effort:
    Loaded AP
    Added a midi track with M15
    Disabled link
    Press play
    Tempo synced

And also with MS but it isn't working properly(the clock syncs but song position, start and stop act strange)
    Load a audio track
    Load MS into that track as an insert.
    Set Auria to route both clock and mtc to modstep

I think i understood what i was doing wrong. so even if modstep is set as a clock output unless i insert it into a track auria doesnt send clock to it ? Any luck getting aum to sync as well ? i tried getting auria to send clock to midi-link-sync with no avail.

• managed to get model 15 to work. wierdly enough disabling midi clock and mtc made it work properly via IAA sync. now if only i could get AUM to work i would be an extremely happy man. or anything that can take Aurias clock and make ableton link work.....

• edited March 2017

Set AP clock send to MIDI-link-sync
    Set MLS to receive on its own channel
    Enable sync
    And you are good to go

• @mschenkel.it said:
    Enable sync
    And you are good to go

so strange. had tried the same but with no success. Working perfectly now. thanks again for helping me out :)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@mschenkel.it said:
    Enable sync
    And you are good to go

so strange. had tried the same but with no success. Working perfectly now. thanks again for helping me out :)

:)

• @gonekrazy3000 said:
    I think i understood what i was doing wrong. so even if modstep is set as a clock output unless i insert it into a track auria doesnt send clock to it ?

Right now I have Auria sending MIDI clock to ModStep, Xynthesizer and Patterning and working as expected. *
    ModStep isn't inserted into a track here. Start and Stop are working normally.

An important thing to keep in mind is that Auria doesn't send anything out of it's own self-named port. You have to send to the input ports of the other apps in Auria and have those apps pull from their self-named input / Virtual Input, not the Auria source.

• one quirk is that when I first did this test with Auria, Xynthesizer and ModStep it didn't seem to be working. I loaded up Patterning since I knew this has worked in the past and everything started working. Even with Patterning out of the mix everything is still working fine. So, yeah, not sure but maybe there's a process of "refreshing" Core MIDI that an app like Patterning does; or maybe it was just a random glitch; or....