Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 launches Monday, April 3rd!

Comments

• @Sebastian my body is ready!

• @Sbee said:
    @Sebastian my body is ready!

As you guys can see by the Cubasis 2.1 update, today would have been launch day. We're still waiting for a few approvals, which should trickle in in the coming days. Sorry for the delay.

• Good Things take time

• I wait with bated breath :)

• Looking forward to all this.

• I wait with bad breath as well

• I wait with morning breath...

• I wait with breath that will not pass the alcohol breath test

• (Counterbalance to all of the understanding folks...)

OH COME ON! Release it - it's ready, we're ready. Approvals for those partner apps are not promised in the next few days; Apple could again come back with "denied, try again..."

We want to play - let her outside Pops.

• Yeah, seriously. It still does stuff

• Yes, do it! Pull the trigger! Do it! Do it now! Cmon cmon cmon cmon! You know you want it!

• effects reordering finally ? or i am dreaming that you ever add this simple UI feature ?

• @Stephan523 said:
    I wait with morning breath...

I wait with morning... :o It's fair to say i'm a little excited!

• As long as the video instruction appears alongside the option to buy, I'lll be happy.
    But looking at the Cubasis tutorial, an exciting workflow option appears. In AUM right now, I regularly load up a drum machine, maybe an arp and then a lead instrument — this is just for jamming. The result is frequently usable stems, and just as frequently stems with at least one horrible mess up. But in AB3 — or am I dreaming this? — will I be able to load up a mixer with drum/arp/synth and then record the midi as well as the audio??

• I guess we should be thankful they're not waiting for loopy 3 :tongue:

• so bottom line: will this drastically cut down on switching between apps as long as their Audiobus 3 ready? Because that's typically the reason I lean towards all in one stuff or doing things one app at a time.

• @db909 said:
    so bottom line: will this drastically cut down on switching between apps as long as their Audiobus 3 ready? Because that's typically the reason I lean towards all in one stuff or doing things one app at a time.

Exactly.
    Kind of excited for this release.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@db909 said:
    so bottom line: will this drastically cut down on switching between apps as long as their Audiobus 3 ready? Because that's typically the reason I lean towards all in one stuff or doing things one app at a time.

Exactly.

You better be.

• @Sebastian said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@db909 said:

Exactly.

You better be.

Well, you know. First time I and many other forum members are hearing about this. It's a new app, you say?

• Do you think they will give us a deal on AB3? Those whom have already bought Audiobus? That would be cool. I just got it about a month ago and the inapp purchase about two weeks ago. I don't expect it but it would be very cool if they did. ;)

• Is Audiobus 3 going to be doing anything like StudioMux? or should I just get it?

• I wonder if MIDI apps can modulate other MIDI apps inside Audiobus 3 and if they run always in serial or can they run parallel as well (which could be tricky of course with MIDI apps).
    I also hope for drop and drag changing of the order of apps in general.
    I hope we find out soon.

• @Cib said:
    I wonder if MIDI apps can modulate other MIDI apps inside Audiobus 3 and if they run always in serial or can they run parallel as well (which could be tricky of course with MIDI apps).
    I hope we find out soon.

Interesting concept. If they're apps by the same developer I think that's doable. But it wouldn't be trivial.

• @Sebastian said:

@Cib said:
    I wonder if MIDI apps can modulate other MIDI apps inside Audiobus 3 and if they run always in serial or can they run parallel as well (which could be tricky of course with MIDI apps).
    I hope we find out soon.

Interesting concept. If they're apps by the same developer I think that's doable. But it wouldn't be trivial.

Are you saying that it will NOT provide for the routing of, say, a note producing app into a chord app into an arpeggiator and out to a synth?

• @lnikj said:

@Sebastian said:

@Cib said:
    I hope we find out soon.

Are you saying that it will NOT provide for the routing of, say, a note producing app into a chord app into an arpeggiator and out to a synth?

This is an example for what i mean. I´m used to it this way so this might be a user niche.
    But yes, a chord trigger an arp, trigger a transposer, trigger another chord etc.
    So it would run in serial and then the output of this "channel" controls a synth or whatever.
    At least so it works in common DAW´s with MIDI FX.
    However, will buy Audiobus 3 anyway when it´s out! :)

• @lnikj said:

@Sebastian said:

@Cib said:
    I hope we find out soon.

Oh that's possible. I was just thinking more along the way of apps telling other apps which scale they're in etc. That's possible too, but to make that work between apps of different developers we'd have to standardize that.

• So Apple still haven't approved the midi apps? I hope there isn't something they consider some kind of security threat inside these that requires some fundamental changes made before they get the green light. There must be something going on because the reviewing time is generally pretty short now, isn't it? Please keep us updated!

• @Munibeast said:
    So Apple still haven't approved the midi apps?

They have passed review. :)

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:
    So Apple still haven't approved the midi apps?

They have passed review. :)

Yes!!! So let's go! Right? Right??