Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 launches Monday, April 3rd!

Comments

• edited March 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Personally I don't care how long you take for it to work well. I much prefer an honest "look, we need more time" than having to rush out something you know isn't quite baked properly. I must have food on my mind today.

Agree I don't need beta ware. That said AB3 is an immense update and needs to support an enormous quantity of apps. Somehow I got the feeling that after the launch problems with "forgotten" app or problems nobody thought about will pop. I would not complain about it just because AB3 is different than just a synth app. That said, I have no problem releasing it, so to say, today. Bugs will probably popup and ironed out, just discovering new issues and repairing them could in the end result in enormous delay. In any case deep respect for @Sebastian and also for the open communication of problems and resons of delay.

• @greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Personally I don't care how long you take for it to work well. I much prefer an honest "look, we need more time" than having to rush out something you know isn't quite baked properly. I must have food on my mind today.

Agree I don't need beat ware. That said AB3 is an immense update and needs to support an enormous quantity of apps. Somehow I got the feeling that after the launch problems with "forgotten" app or problems nobody thought about will pop. I would not complain about it just because AB3 is different than just a synth app. That said, I have no problem releasing it, so to say, today. Bugs will probably popup and ironed out, just discovering new issues and repairing them could in the end result in enormous delay. In any case deep respect for @Sebastian and also for the open communication of problems and resons of delay.

True, you can sometimes never beat the actual users for feedback of things that don't work as expected.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Agree I don't need beat ware. That said AB3 is an immense update and needs to support an enormous quantity of apps. Somehow I got the feeling that after the launch problems with "forgotten" app or problems nobody thought about will pop. I would not complain about it just because AB3 is different than just a synth app. That said, I have no problem releasing it, so to say, today. Bugs will probably popup and ironed out, just discovering new issues and repairing them could in the end result in enormous delay. In any case deep respect for @Sebastian and also for the open communication of problems and resons of delay.

True, you can sometimes never beat the actual users for feedback of things that don't work as expected.

Or users who do not work as expected :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Yeah so true. Funny, I've seen comments from people regarding app testers missing bugs. It's so easy to miss certain bugs that happen by doing things you just would never think of. Only when you have the input from the masses do some bugs come to light.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Yeah so true. Funny, I've seen comments from people regarding app testers missing bugs. It's so easy to miss certain bugs that happen by doing things you just would never think of. Only when you have the input from the masses do some bugs come to light.

If only we weren't such a creative and inquisitive bunch...the dev's lives would be so much more simple.... :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

Agree I don't need beta ware. That said AB3 is an immense update and needs to support an enormous quantity of apps. Somehow I got the feeling that after the launch problems with "forgotten" app or problems nobody thought about will pop. I would not complain about it just because AB3 is different than just a synth app. That said, I have no problem releasing it, so to say, today. Bugs will probably popup and ironed out, just discovering new issues and repairing them could in the end result in enormous delay. In any case deep respect for @Sebastian and also for the open communication of problems and resons of delay.

:)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

If only we weren't such a creative and inquisitive bunch...the dev's lives would be so much more simple.... :D

With the ever changing goalposts of iOS updates and the almost modular nature of how we use many iOS apps, it's almost impossible for devs to keep on top of it.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

With the ever changing goalposts of iOS updates and the almost modular nature of how we use many iOS apps, it's almost impossible for devs to keep on top of it.

A bit like trying to dig a hole in dry sand

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

We may not always be as gracious in the moment as we might, but I still think this is the best real world test/research hutch in town.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

We may not always be as gracious in the moment as we might, but I still think this is the best real world test/research hutch in town.

It is one of the beauties of this place, i often read posts and initially think, 'Why the f*%k are you trying to do that ?'.....It is like primeval soup for creativity :)

• @AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

It is one of the beauties of this place, i often read posts and initially think, 'Why the f*%k are you trying to do that ?'.....It is like primeval soup for creativity :)

I often think, why the funk am I trying to do that! ;)

• edited March 2017

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

I will often listen to a drunken Friday session on a Saturday and think, 'How the funk did I do that ?' LOL

Pehaps an IAP for AB3.....'Performance Recall' it uses the camera and screen capture to record every thing you do so you can play it back to yourself to remember what you did ? LOL I know some people video their performances for this exact reason.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

I will often listen to a drunken Friday session on a Saturday and think, 'How the funk did I do that ?' LOL

I've had to start getting creative with the software to help make my music. My illness has been getting worse, so now I can hardly play my shaker hands more than two bars before my bad head has completely forgot what I'm doing. Anything beyond spontaneous two finger live noodling is out the question now. It's either program everything, where in I lose all that nice spontaneous live feel, or use sequencers a lot lol.

Now I'm just using whatever tech the apps give me to still make some form of music ;)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

I've had to start getting creative with the software to help make my music. My illness has been getting worse, so now I can hardly play my shaker hands more than two bars before my bad head has completely forgot what I'm doing. Anything beyond spontaneous two finger live noodling is out the question now. It's either program everything, where in I lose all that nice spontaneous live feel, or use sequencers a lot lol.

Now I'm just using whatever tech the apps give me to still make some form of music ;)

What about brussel sprouts and a bum trumpet :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

My timing is off there too and imagine if I followed through! would make a complete mess of the next bar :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

My timing is off there too and imagine if I followed through! would make a complete mess of the next bar :p

It would be fine, as long as the musical score said 'Muted'.

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Sebastian what does the AB bar look like in other apps? Does it follow the design at the top of the screen shot you shared from AB3? Or does it pretty much resemble the current bar?

It's not changed. We just added it to Audiobus as well since it's very useful when you're in the mixer or an AUX view.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@greengrocer said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    @Sebastian

A bit like trying to dig a hole in dry sand

iOS updates aren't really the problem anymore. iOS 9 and 10 didn't break much. Let's hope it stays that way.

• Is there any information about pricing of the midi filters? I have a gift card ready for AB3 and it would be great to know how much of it will be left if I bought all the new things by @JohannesD launching together with AB3.

• @Munibeast said:
    Is there any information about pricing of the midi filters? I have a gift card ready for AB3 and it would be great to know how much of it will be left if I bought all the new things by @JohannesD launching together with AB3.

They're small apps, but there's a bunch of them. There will be a bundle. Everything else I'm going to have to leave up to @JohannesD to disclose.

• Okay, thanks @Sebastian, I'm really curious about these new applets. I hope they'll pass the review soon.
    Is there any chance you could still sneak in BT MIDI while we're waiting for that?

• One more Question: how many filters can be put in per track?

• im hoping it'll be in the store at midnight

• @Munibeast said:
    Okay, thanks @Sebastian, I'm really curious about these new applets. I hope they'll pass the review soon.
    Is there any chance you could still sneak in BT MIDI while we're waiting for that?

No, that's not how App Review works. You can't sneak anything in there while the thing is in review ;)
    And no, we're not increasing the featureset of the 3.0 release.

• @Munibeast said:
    One more Question: how many filters can be put in per track?

Theoretically there is no limit. Practically.. as many as your iPad can handle.

• Do we have a price yet? I've got £15.03 store credit remaining. Hopefully that'll cover the purchase of AB3 and the Midiflow bundle

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:
    Okay, thanks @Sebastian, I'm really curious about these new applets. I hope they'll pass the review soon.

No, that's not how App Review works. You can't sneak anything in there while the thing is in review ;)

I see.

• @Sebastian said:

@Munibeast said:

Wise policy Jarvis, I wish they'd stick to it at my supposedly risk-averse workplace.

Just spent the weekend mopping up the latest major release ... scope creep is messy.

• Now @Sebastian
    Would be a good time, that is. Just my 2cents. No pressure.