Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Forum rules?

edited August 2013 in Support and Feedback

What do the rules say about posting soundcloud links of remixes you've done on the ipad?
Basically finding acapellas of groups/ artists songs on the internet & remixing them.

Big no no?

Comments

• As long as its your own work and done on the iPad i dont see why it would be a problem. Only forum rules around here are to be friendly and helpful to each other!

• Thanks! :)

• edited August 2013

I expect standard copyright issues would apply. You should acquire permission from the original material producer to use their work in a derivative (unless the original is - or has been placed - in the public domain).

• I think with the new "digital economy" we've had for over a decade, copyright rules are out of date and personally think just crediting the original songwriter/artist is enough, unless the OP is going to be selling it for money. Any remix is basically an advertisement for the original song and artist. Two big examples: Any hip hop song (think of all the James brown samples, the sampling debate has long died since the 80's) and Danger Mouse's The Grey Album. The guy achieved worldwide fame, a contract with William Morris Agency, producing the likes of U2 and Gnarles Barkley (ya know that Craaaazy song) all from doing a mashup of the beatles and JayZ

• Please let's not get into a debate on the rights/wrongs/relevance of current copyright law. It is what it is :D The OP is hosting the actual material on Soundcloud and is only linking to it from here. If Michael and Sebastian have a problem with that, I guess they'll say so.