Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad mini 4 vs iPad Pro 9.7, worth upgrade or wait?

Im eyeballing the Pro 9.7 but that same ol 2 gb of ram is not looking too hot, but the prices on the 9.7 128gb are pretty good on the refurb side. Anybody used both of these devices and seen a real world difference in their performance running music apps? My heaviest use situation is a looping app and a 4-5 FX in AUM, with reslice and or samplr running concurrently. I get some chokes and drop outs on my M4 on the regular with this setup.

Comments

• Wait for the announcement, it's rumoured to be pretty soon.

• The price of the iPad Pro 9.7 will almost certainly drop either just before or after the announcement. I'm hoping they announce something I like significantly better then the iPad Pro 9.7, but its my fallback to replace my iPad 4 ASAP if there is nothing I like better in the announcement. I'd love to see a Pro 12 with the iPhone 7s plus camera in it.

• Im just holding out for 4gb ram in a smaller form factor than the 12.9 , but i might go v1 9.7 if they dont upgrade that this cycle.

• edited March 2017

Understood that next week new iPads will be announced. Probably more much expensive than ever so I don't see pricecut for older models. Only iPad mini 2 and Air 2 will be EOL. SO you can pick them up cheaper from resellers who will sell their last supllies cheaper.

• Can't understand why people prefer the smaller form factor. After upgrading to an iPad Pro 12.9 from an iPad 4 I have to say it's up there with the top three things I've ever purchased. I use it every day and having more screen means it's effortless to navigate some of the more complex apps. I'd wager that anyone who was undecided about the bigger screen wouldn't wish to go back after taking the plunge. It's also got 4gig of RAM, which is nice.

Having the power of the 'big lad' at my disposal makes music creation an unbridled joy. Plus, with the Apple Pencil, I can sketch away like crazy in Procreate, make a bunch of projects with LumaFusion and multitask (on the same screen simultaneously) without it breaking sweat. Worth every penny.

• @noodldoodl said:
    Can't understand why people prefer the smaller form factor. After upgrading to an iPad Pro 12.9 from an iPad 4 I have to say it's up there with the top three things I've ever purchased. I use it every day and having more screen means it's effortless to navigate some of the more complex apps. I'd wager that anyone who was undecided about the bigger screen wouldn't wish to go back after taking the plunge. It's also got 4gig of RAM, which is nice.

Having the power of the 'big lad' at my disposal makes music creation an unbridled joy. Plus, with the Apple Pencil, I can sketch away like crazy in Procreate, make a bunch of projects with LumaFusion and multitask (on the same screen simultaneously) without it breaking sweat. Worth every penny.

Apart from budgetary constraints my reason for getting a 9.7 was that it travels with me Jakob Ona lotJakob Off and the bigger form factor was just too much.

Yeh, the RAM is a thing but doesn't really affect me, I have plenty of processing overhead for my needs. Obviously you have more visual processing needs than myself and I can see it makes sense for you.

I went from an iPad 2, which I am keeping for it's utility. And Impaktor, etc.

• Yeah th 12.9 wouldnt fit in my travel rig as easily, im tempted by it for sure but prefer the smaller form factor