Confirmed: AB3 in late March! [UPDATED]

edited March 18 in General Vote Up0

**EDIT by Sebastian:

After some communication with Michael we've decided to make sure that our launch date does not collide with Gadget 3. It's a business thing. Sorry for the confusion but here's what's important: Audiobus 3 is ready and we're launching in late March on a day that Gadget is not launching (+ maybe 1 or 2 days for the media to calm down about Gadget again).
I've just contacted Korg to figure out when they launch exactly and then we're going to announce the day that we'll launch Audiobus 3.

Or is Ashley referring to the 28th day of another month? Pretty sure @Sebastian told us Audiobus 3 would be released this month but we all know how these things work.

«1

Comments

  • 53 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    I guess Ashley spilled the beans, but actually the plan is to launch on the 27th.

    And I guess I gotta finish those App Store screenshots now...

    EDIT: Sorry, took the freedom to 'correct' the thread name. :)

  • I NEVER tell ashley anything

  • Maybe I wanted him to leak the info? You'll never know.

  • ....and the plot thickens

  • My blood pressure just dropped by a few points. Thanks for this, very calming.
    Or does this mean you were also 'wiretapped' by Obama?

  • Looking forward....think you might just get in under the Korg release wire....

  • I have plans for March 27th. BIG PLANS. :) :# B)

  • So excited!

  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    Edit: Covered in another thread

  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    Oh, if it were only that AB3 has to come out just before the Korg release. For, you know, reasons...

  • @Sebastian @Michael Will loopy masterpiece be making an appearance?

  • That symposium sounds like it was pretty interesting. http://mmm2017.appmusik.de/en/schedule/

  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    @Dchild said:
    @Sebastian @Michael Will loopy masterpiece be making an appearance?

    It is the Great White Whale that Ahab yet pursues....

  • Will AUM be updated by then!

  • I'm guessing Gadget 3 will be out the very same day. Gonna have to take a personal day.

  • @ion677 said:
    I'm guessing Gadget 3 will be out the very same day. Gonna have to take a personal day.

    I can a few days "working from home" on the horizon ...

  • Welp, I've had the money at the ready for the past 3 or so weeks. It's not going anywhere until the 27th. :)

  • Whew I can give the popcorn a rest.

  • edited March 18 Vote Up0

    Wrong thread...

  • I will have my fingers crossed, I've learnt my lessons from Korg Gadget release date and Beatmaker 3 early hype. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

  • @Chillmatic said:
    I will have my fingers crossed, I've learnt my lessons from Korg Gadget release date and Beatmaker 3 early hype. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

    OT: Has Korg given any updates regarding Gadget by the way?

  • @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @Chillmatic said:
    I will have my fingers crossed, I've learnt my lessons from Korg Gadget release date and Beatmaker 3 early hype. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

    OT: Has Korg given any updates regarding Gadget by the way?

    My guess is they may have learned that lesson....

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @Chillmatic said:
    I will have my fingers crossed, I've learnt my lessons from Korg Gadget release date and Beatmaker 3 early hype. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

    OT: Has Korg given any updates regarding Gadget by the way?

    My guess is they may have learned that lesson....

    Lol. Probably so. :)

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:

    @Chillmatic said:
    I will have my fingers crossed, I've learnt my lessons from Korg Gadget release date and Beatmaker 3 early hype. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

    OT: Has Korg given any updates regarding Gadget by the way?

    My guess is they may have learned that lesson....

    They're still saying late March for Gadget Mac and Gadget 3 for iOS.

    I place a lot of confidence in the date given by @Sebastian for the release of Audiobus 3 barring any significant trouble from the App Store reviewer.

  • Does anyone mind if we launch together with Gadget? I'm not sure when they launch. We can still postpone so you guys have more time with either app... although I guess Gadget and Audiobus go together really well.

  • @Sebastian said:
    Does anyone mind if we launch together with Gadget? I'm not sure when they launch. We can still postpone so you guys have more time with either app... although I guess Gadget and Audiobus go together really well.

    Launch when ready, ignore the rest of the world IMO.

  • edited March 18 Vote Up0

    Very exiting to see and experience all the aspects of "Unified MIDI"and "MIDI effects". Not least in regard to AUv3. A week is a long wait, but of course there's always the chance of a leak or two in the meantime ...

  • @DeVlaeminck said:
    Very exiting to see and experience all the aspects of "Unified MIDI"and "MIDI effects". Not least in regard to AUv3. A week is a long wait, but of course there's always the chance of a leak or two in the meantime ...

    Sorry, Apps don't leak :)

  • @Sebastian said:

    >

    leak

    What happens to audiobus remote? It still works with AB3 or will there be a new version of it as well?

    Would be nice to see all the already confirmed functions of the app listed here on this topic. Im sure there are other stuff out there about it than just the fact that it supports AU's. Didnt you talk about this at least some in the the mobile music in the making or what ever it was called? I looked at the speaker thing and there was some talk about trobles in developing apps etc and talking about AB, im sure you mentioned at least something other than AU about AB3

This discussion has been closed.