Who’s On 3? AB3, BM3, or Gadget 3?

Not taking bets but wondering about people’s guesses as to which app will first reach version 3.0: Audiobus, BeatMaker, or Korg Gadget?

Race to Version 3
  1. Which App Will Reach v3 First?55 votes
    1. Audiobus 3
      50.91%
    2. BeatMaker 3
        3.64%
    3. Korg Gadget 3
      38.18%
    4. Three’s Company
        7.27%
«1

Comments

  • Alchemy.

  • My guesstimate is in the following order:
    - AudioBus 3
    - Korg Gadget 3
    - Beatmaker 3

  • Audiobus 3 will probably launch in June or something at the pace things are going.

    Beatmaker 3 probably the same

    Gadget it's the best bet.

  • So audiobus will be released on the 27th may be then I believe gadget will shortly follow. Then beatmaker 3 sometime after

  • I voted "Gadget 3", because @Sebastian said he's waiting to release AB3 a couple days after Gadget so that the dust settles first. :)

  • Air 3

  • NanoStudio 3

  • @Munibeast said:
    NanoStudio 3

    Lol! :-)

  • Given that we were told Audiobus will launch after Gadget3 should it even be on the list ?

  • Oh, and Who is on first. I thought this had already been established.

  • @Nu2moro said:

    @Munibeast said:
    NanoStudio 3

    Lol! :-)

    I've got more:
    Samplr 3
    Impaktor 3
    Ampkit 3
    JamUp Pro 3
    Guitar Pro 3
    iKaossilator 3
    SampleWiz 3
    Cotracks 3
    Loopy 3

  • Maybe Sampletank 3 with multiple outputs (or, even better, an AUv3 shell).

  • I want MIDI Guitar 3 - with Audiobus3, IAA and AUv3 compatibility :smile:

  • @ricksteruk said:
    I want MIDI Guitar 3 - with Audiobus3, IAA and AUv3 compatibility :smile:

    Oh yeah! :sunglasses:

  • I'm only waiting for Gadget 3... And the wait is getting really long long long... ;-)

  • AB3 and AB Remote 2.0

    :)

    Gadget hasnt excited me since Bilbao and Abu.

    What was the other one?

    Exactly.

    AUDIOBUS

  • Any word on half-life?

  • @ricksteruk said:
    I want MIDI Guitar 3 - with Audiobus3, IAA and AUv3 compatibility :smile:

    +1

  • So... When will BM3 or KG3 be released ? I can't wait... So much expectations and hopes on my side, it's even (stupidly) hard to make music right now... I feel like the new features could completly change my way of making music on my Pad (and also, I'm lost in Hyrule right now lol)...

    Give us news if you have any... Please ;-)

  • I'm not surprised Beatmaker 3 is so low, that let me know that a lot of people has lost faith in those guys, just a little. I hope they prove me wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, but, does Q2 begin in April and end in June?

  • @Chillmatic said:
    I'm not surprised Beatmaker 3 is so low, that let me know that a lot of people has lost faith in those guys, just a little. I hope they prove me wrong, correct me if I'm wrong, but, does Q2 begin in April and end in June?

    12/4 = 3, so Q changes every 3 months. What comes to bm3, i think it takes a while because there are so many features in it

  • @ElGregoLoco said:
    So... When will BM3 or KG3 be released ? I can't wait... So much expectations and hopes on my side, it's even (stupidly) hard to make music right now... I feel like the new features could completly change my way of making music on my Pad (and also, I'm lost in Hyrule right now lol)...

    Give us news if you have any... Please ;-)

    I have news....I'm 2 divine beasts down leaving 2 to go :)

  • @ElGregoLoco said:
    So... When will BM3 or KG3 be released ? I can't wait... So much expectations and hopes on my side, it's even (stupidly) hard to make music right now...

    Pretty much the same thing for me. Been dabbling more on other iOS apps, but been expecting something of a miracle, it feels like.

    Not sure the new versions will have the impact we wish they could have, at least individually. But there’s something happening when so many parts of the whole ecosystem are changing around the same time.

    BM3 might eventually be great in its own right (my guess is that it’s still a long way off), but it won’t be the end-all be-all for our diverse needs. KG3 won’t be that radical a change from the current version but integration with the desktop app could be compelling (if Korg gives us a heavy discount as iOS users). We know that AB3 will be a huge upgrade, but it relies on other apps to be truly useful.

    In other words, what’ll be so amazing will be what happens once we’ve all upgraded our systems.

    Then again, some people can make amazing music without any of these things.

  • I feel we can add iOS10.3 to the 'top' of the list ;)

  • @Samu said:
    I feel we can add iOS10.3 to the 'top' of the list ;)

    Good point! It’s also a three. And it does sound like it may have an impact on some third-party apps. No idea if there’s a specific reason, technically. After all, we don’t assume that any of these apps will only run on iOS10, right? Maybe it’s just to prevent support headaches.

  • If Korg Gadget 3 offers the possibility to record audio tracks via IAA or even better AB, then it will be a huge game changer on my side (I already imagine myself record Cellos tracks from ThumbJam on my Hip Hop beats made on Korg Gadget)

  • @ElGregoLoco said:
    If Korg Gadget 3 offers the possibility to record audio tracks via IAA or even better AB, then it will be a huge game changer on my side (I already imagine myself record Cellos tracks from ThumbJam on my Hip Hop beats made on Korg Gadget)

    I'm keeping my thumbs up for 'internal resampling'(ie. rout any gadget-track to the audio-gadgets for recording).
    Hopefully there will be better file-management too (Folders and Renaming and Moving files etc. and a good way to export audio to other apps using Open In...). And naturally import using iCloud Drive/Document Picker :)

  • edited March 23

    @Samu said:

    @ElGregoLoco said:
    If Korg Gadget 3 offers the possibility to record audio tracks via IAA or even better AB, then it will be a huge game changer on my side (I already imagine myself record Cellos tracks from ThumbJam on my Hip Hop beats made on Korg Gadget)

    I'm keeping my thumbs up for 'internal resampling'(ie. rout any gadget-track to the audio-gadgets for recording).
    Hopefully there will be better file-management too (Folders and Renaming and Moving files etc. and a good way to export audio to other apps using Open In...). And naturally import using iCloud Drive/Document Picker

    File management would be a blessing. I'd love to start saving templates and projects/live sessions.

Sign In or Register to comment.