Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

That moment when...

...I decided to play Moog Model 15 through my audio interface and am blown away by the phatness of it and overall sound quality. I tend to think my Sony MDR 7506 headphones sound great plugged direct into the iPad but the extra boost on the headphone amp takes it to another level. Wow.

Anyone else have any amazed moments on iOS music lately?

Comments

• Sadly... no. :(

• Not 100% iOS ,but yesterday got a Korg kaoss pad quad ,launched Beat-Machine and jammed for an hour . ( 60 minutes of pure satisfaction :) )

• Yes, every time I use something new :)

Most recently was a similar thing to you...I have been using a behringer uca-202 and heaphone amp and all seemed fine, then I got a Line 6 Amplifii TT....when I played stuff back through that, WOW what a difference.

• Lots recently after diving in more with Ableton Link enabled apps ..

Patterning + Gadget + something else with Link = :)

• I recorded some heavily treated Hang drum sounds from Oval through crystalline and dedalus,into loopy, open in to Samplr... oh Samplr sounding so fine with proper material

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    I recorded some heavily treated Hang drum sounds from Oval through crystalline and dedalus,into loopy, open in to Samplr... oh Samplr sounding so fine with proper material

Love the sound of oval. Gonna start using it myself based on your suggestion!

• ... when your acoustic guitar's piezo pickup fails, and this right after your top E string bridge peg holder snapped in half, still barely hanging on to your year old low E string, which now has to play nice alongside 5 sparkly brand new strings, and you have to record using your ultra-sensitive vocal mic - and Audiobus Remote comes to the rescue, as that mic "installation" is a good six feet from your iPad - and you manage to record something a new way, and, applying EQ skills you've been honing for nearly three years, you actually create a pleasant-sounding guitar track to pass on to your mates :smile:

• edited March 2017

@Hmtx said:

Been getting those moments at a much higher frequency lately now that I am all in on KRFT. There is just something that clicks and feels mystical after a couple hours of tweaking and a certain aha moment hits where the dials and morph ranges fall into place just right... No need to chain tons of apps and hop around. I love it in there.

• @Hmtx said:
    ...I decided to play Moog Model 15 through my audio interface and am blown away by the phatness of it and overall sound quality. I tend to think my Sony MDR 7506 headphones sound great plugged direct into the iPad but the extra boost on the headphone amp takes it to another level. Wow.

Actually yes and two, make it three...first one was when I plugged iPad into my sound card via USB
    Second was when I plugged my MDR 7506 into the sound card....
    And third was when I discovered WHY some apps play horribly when played as standalone, plugged directly into SC. Mainly GeoShred and Animoog etc....