Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is it possible to get Thors sequencer in sync with LINK using audiobus?

I don't have an setup to try this, so I would like to ask.
Can Audiobus that have Link enabled technology autostart Thors sequencer and thus play in time with other Link software?

Comments

• Link doesn't handle start and stop anyway so it's not likely.

• edited March 2017

No- thor doesn't have Link, and, the audiobus start button doesn't start it. It is up to each developer what parts of the audiobus standard they want to implement, and Propellerheads didn't hook up their start button to the Audiobus start button.

But Thor does slave nicely to midi clock, so you'd need to have one of your apps enable sending midi clock to Thor. Then whenever it starts, it sends the midi clock, and midi clock start message, along to Thor, which gets the sequencer going, and keeps it in time. Thor just needs to be up and listening, and the master app, that is sending the clock, needs to be sending to thor, before you hit play in the master app (or audiobus, which can probably start the master app). That is because the midi clock only has one start message, and if the slave misses it, it won't start, even though it sees clock is coming in.

• I think a better question is does Thor play nice with midi-link-sync ?

• Most effective non Link sync method I've found (by far) is IAA sync with AUM

• edited March 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Most effective non Link sync method I've found (by far) is IAA sync with AUM

Edit: Thor doesn't sync with IAA. Midi clock is the only option. And AUM steers clear of midi clock. The joys of sync in ios.

• @Aiopod said:
    I don't have an setup to try this, so I would like to ask.
    Can Audiobus that have Link enabled technology autostart Thors sequencer and thus play in time with other Link software?

Try the midi link sync app and go to the midi>>>link section and enable "midi link sync in" and hit enable. Now when you use the audiobus sidepanel it will also listen to start and stop. Works for me using Cubasis together with link enabled apps.

• my solution to this sync mess is just recording and then audio quantizing. theres enough ios hosts that can do that now or just do it with a lite version of live or reason.