Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Enumero on the bus!

edited March 2017 in General App Discussion

From the developer of Droneo

Enumero

https://itunes.apple.com/cy/app/enumero/id390920716?mt=8

Sometimes you need to count or tally things. This simple app increments or decrements a counter, automatically or manually, while saying the number aloud.
It uses an algorithm to choose different variants of the number sounds, so it's somewhat better sounding than text-to-speech.

It counts forward or backward automatically by any integral increment, and can count up to 999,999,999 if you're willing to wait 31 years or so.

But it gets more interesting than that. Enumero counts in Latin, binary, hex and morse code. Enumero counts in grey code, pick random numbers and can trip off the first 10,000 digits of Pi. Enumero can recite the names of chemical elements. It can play the toy piano, sing a little Solfege and regale you with the very interesting Nerve Events. it can iterate through all possible orders of orders, and play them as a diatonic scale. It can also make up its own words out of bits of phonemes.

No other app can claim these features!

And now Enumero also can be run in Audiobus and Inter App Audio, so you can use it as a random voice in musical compositions.

Check out http://www.jhhl.net/iPhone/Enumero.

Compatible with iPad, & iOS9-10

From the author of lots of other iOs apps like SrutiBox, Droneo, Ellipsynth, synthicity itself, Minute, Only A, Yes Session and AUMI.

What's New in Version 1.2
This version should be able to run in iOs9 & 10 nicely, supports Audiobus and IAA, and adds new names of elements, the "Tom Lehrer" order for the table circa 1958, portrait and landscape, Universal, interesting new "beeps in a determined order", a new kind of phoneme generator "Schwa", and other tweaks.

Comments

• This almost sounds like an April Fool's except, you know, we're not there yet...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    This almost sounds like an April Fool's except, you know, we're not there yet...

..OK. 1.99 and for the team and it's stupidly simply awesome.

• Yep, fantastic.

I'm going to get a lot of use out of this!

• The Nerves setting is very zappaesque.
    Would be fun to control this with midi.

• This is madness...I love it

• Worth it for the morse code alone, although as I have no idea what letters it's actually spewing out I fear I might have songs like ideogram tattoos that read Fish dump girl bait lover. All good.

• Intrigued. Are the human voice settings, only the dev's voice?

• @skiphunt said:
    Intrigued. Are the human voice settings, only the dev's voice?

I don't think so but I have no idea where the vocal samples come from.

@jhhl is the dev and he has posted here in the past, maybe he can answer. If you follow the link in the description there are audio examples and they do not all sound like the same person.

• @yowza said:

@skiphunt said:
    Intrigued. Are the human voice settings, only the dev's voice?

I don't think so but I have no idea where the vocal samples come from.

@jhhl is the dev and he has posted here in the past, maybe he can answer. If you follow the link in the description there are audio examples and they do not all sound like the same person.

I did follow the link and listened. They all sounded like the same voice with different filters.

Not sure how or why I'd use this, it it seems weird enough that I might some how. ;)

• Hi Guys!
    Yes, most of the vocals are mine (you can hear more of me in my non musical app "Yes Session").
    Some of the vocals are made with the robotic voice "Heather".
    The new Schwa voice is pretty smooth sounding, even though it's just concatenating samples together. I think there are about 125 of them. I may update them with some more syllable bits, because they are so much fun!
    Here's a stupid trick:
    Since there are 40 ending sounds (right now), if you set the 'by' value to 40, all the schwa words will rhyme with the syllable you set as the starting sound. There are 1800 one syllable combinations. So if you want it to spew out random rhyming one syllable words, find your starting point (18 is "ump", 58 is the first real syllable, "bump"), set the top to 1778 ("zhump") and by to 40. set it up to be random, turn on repeat so it won't stop, and set it going!

As far as getting your own voices in there, that's actually a lot of work. It might go easier if I reconceive this as LPC resynthesized diphones, such as are used in the worthy old MBROLA TTS system. The idea would be: you feed the program audio with lots of phonemes. It analyzes the audio and segments it up into what it can recognize as phoneme transitions (it might be more subtle and fine grained than before). Pitch info would be separated and then fresh , super clean new phonemes would be generated as LPC frames, which are related by a Markov matrix or pyramid of them. Then, the randomizer will traverse a path through the matrices, make a list of LPC frames, and synthesize the new word, which should come out sounding remarkably authentic. It could also add back a pitch contour, so: MIDI. I'd probably do this as an AUv3, just to get used to making an AUv3.

This is not too different from what Google is doing here, except nobody is paying me:
    https://deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/

• @jhhl said:

This is not too different from what Google is doing here, except nobody is paying me:
    https://deepmind.com/blog/wavenet-generative-model-raw-audio/

But....but....THE GLORY!

• Brilliant, bought, no thought needed.

• edited March 2017

@jhhl I love your Enumero app, it adds a very novel twist versus traditional rhythm tracks.