Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk 2 is live

Comments

• edited March 2017

@db909 said:
    How do choke groups work? How does it determine what gets played if there's multiple hits?

Next to "one shot" button to lower right of screen there are options for four choke groups. Any pads that are assigned to the same number choke group will cut each other off. The latest triggered pad gets the priority.

If multiple samples sharing the same choke group are triggered at the same time in the pattern, only the highest numbered pad plays. This would be a nifty way to audition different kicks or snares for the same slot if not for the 16 pad limitation making it impractical.

More useful perhaps is putting same loop on multiple pads, apply to same choke, set different start times on each, then play them like chops.

• @mireko_2 said:
    Interested what people think of the instruments in the IAP?
    Ive decided to ignore the sampling limitations and focus whats good about this (the instruments are very good).
    Anyone bought either the trip hop, asia, or greece/turkey IAP?

Going to hook up my keystep tonight and give this another go approaching it as a sound module.

They all sound great. But be prepared to use in Standalone mode. AU is toast.

• A1489. It is a mini2. It's just that i had Apple's naming scheme messed up all these years. I always thought Airs were older than mine and 3rd & 4th gen were newer. Sorry for the third time.

[Stumbles as he fails to exit the room unnoticed, only to have to face further humiliation as he realizes he's inside the broom closet.]

• @mireko_2 said:
    Ive decided to ignore the sampling limitations and focus whats good about this (the instruments are very good).

Going to hook up my keystep tonight and give this another go approaching it as a sound module.

I'm curious about the IAPs as well. Some are loops and some include instruments. I can hear samples of the packs on their website but when I try the accordion for example, I hear a lot of background noise, like street traffic.

• Trip hop was good for a few drum kits. I wasn't crazy about most of the drum loops, then there's some vinyl hits and scratches and fx. No instruments - I would've thought there might've been a few bass sounds and maybe strings or something but no dice. I don't regret getting it for the drum kits alone.

I'd like to get 1 more pack too - anybody else comment on packs?

• @realdavidai said:

@mireko_2 said:

AU is"toast"just because you can't load more than 3 instances without getting into (slight)trouble?May i ask you if you are new to creating music on ios? :wink:

• @Crabman said:

@realdavidai said:

@mireko_2 said:

AU is"toast"just because you can't load more than 3 instances without getting into (slight)trouble?May i ask you if you are new to creating music on ios? :wink:

Yeah, I thought that was a little harsh. And, in its own way it's a new release, so there'll be things and they'll want a chance to fix em. Of course.

Most interesting to me -in terms of the lack of comment- is the fact that this release has got a piano roll, which is all new. And so antithetical to the whole 'have a go and do your best' ethos. Now you can correct your best if, like mine, it's often offbeat and shoddy,

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:
    A1489. It is a mini2. It's just that i had Apple's naming scheme messed up all these years. I always thought Airs were older than mine and 3rd & 4th gen were newer. Sorry for the third time.

[Stumbles as he fails to exit the room unnoticed, only to have to face further humiliation as he realizes he's inside the broom closet.]

The naming of the devices is just confusing especially when people refer to "generation" of ipad, because technically Air 2 is 2nd generation of Air but actually a 6th generation device. Who can remember these things? I sometime have to look it up. Also, mini 2s are still being sold by Apple along with mini 4s but they got rid of the mini 3.

• edited March 2017

@Crabman said:

@realdavidai said:

@mireko_2 said:

Lol well. Try exporting a single instance in GarageBand. Crash everytime. I can write the song but can't share it.

Try rendering AU based project in Cubasis...so far I get a 2 second blip. So the problems are deeper and deeper.

In fact AU is starting to smell more and more like IAA :) :p

• @mireko_2 said:

looking forward to your thoughts

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Crabman said:

@realdavidai said:

@mireko_2 said:

Yeah, I thought that was a little harsh. And, in its own way it's a new release, so there'll be things and they'll want a chance to fix em. Of course.

Most interesting to me -in terms of the lack of comment- is the fact that this release has got a piano roll, which is all new. And so antithetical to the whole 'have a go and do your best' ethos. Now you can correct your best if, like mine, it's often offbeat and shoddy,

Thankfully the piano roll is out of sight and out of mind unless you really want it, unlike some apps that make absolutely sure you see just how ugly and asymmetric your midi clips are on every. Goddamned. Screen.

• Piano roll is still a little clunky for me. To much work to adjust a nudge but I'm glad it's there. Usually the first hit when recording is off so I can go in and adjust if needed. Beathawk is still the only machine I love drum in.

The sound packs are great. I sample a lot of the sounds in there. Really need more instrument options but with GarageBand I can add that way. Really all I wanted was a piano roll so this update is all I needed. Def would of been cool to put a mixer in there somewhere so I don't have to click the sounds to adjust every time but that's small potatoes.

Only complaint I have is I had to redownload every sound pack and that took about 4 hours. There servers must been really slow.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@Arpseechord said:

@TozBourne said:

@Arpseechord said:

@TozBourne said:
    (Beta tester here). My favorite parts of the update are: it's on the iPhone; the expand keyboard (especially for the iPhone), and the piano roll midi editing. Being an AudioUnit is very cool, and was the most surprising added feature, but the other stuff has really won me over

Sounds very good. Can this run on my ancient iPad mini 2? What is the breadth of music styles that can be created in Beathawk2? And are there any iaps you would deem essential? Thanks

It should run no problem on the mini2, I didn't load it to miy M2 due to space limitations but I tested on iPad4 iOS 9.3 (although AU is not working), and iphone6+ iOS 10.2 where everything seems to work okay.

As for styles of music? Whatever you want...I'm mostly Rock/Jazzy/Ambient, which I've done in Beathawk, but the app helped me expand some into more electro stuff. As for essential IAP, for me the choirs are the best on iOS and the pianos are pretty decent too. I love most of the percussion packs. Lucky you can preview some of the sounds within the app before purchasing. They've added a bunch of new sounds that I haven't checked yet.

Thanks very much sounds like a great deal, sold!

Have either of you two bought it yet? I read ipad 4 for minimum requirements. Please report back :-)

Sorry I should have said I have to wait until the weekend to pick up an iTunes card, then I'll get it
    Maybe?!....

• edited March 2017

Have to pick up an iTunes card on the weekend then I can purchase Beathawk2

• edited March 2017

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@studioAB said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@TozBourne said:
    Hi, @Blipsford_Baubie - I've been running BeatHawk on my iPad4 for a couple of years with a lot of success. I've still got the beta version loaded on the 4, so can't comment on how well it operates from a fresh, live install -- however I will say that AU doesn't work (it won't load); tried in GB, Cubasis, and AUM...all nada. I have reported this issue.

Thanks. But I think my question wasn't clear, sorry. Like @Arpseechord , I also have a mini2. You said it should run on a M2, but the app store says 4th generation is the minimum requirement. The above member implied he was going to make the purchase after hearing you state that it should run on m2. I'll just wait on his results :smile:

ipad mini 2 is newer and more powerful than ipad 4 so you should be more than fine using it on a mini 2. Mini 2 is 64 bit and ipad 4 is only 32 bit.

Really? Then there's no way I have an ipad mini2. I got this thing 2+ years ago. I was curious what i had not too long ago, so i compared my model number with a chart i found online, and determined it was a mini2. Sigh...i feel like such a dope. No wonder devs can never recreate my bugs

I got my iPad mini 2 in December of 2013 so thats 3+ years and still ticking

• I think I just may get this app. Andrew Huang just released a new video featuring it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=9FGneOo2ShA

• Makes me miss Mister Haq, but, hey, marketing...

• It's Just. So. Damn. Good.

Like deep go-to rock-solid awesome good.

Thank You UVI.

• I really want to buy IAP's now. I have a few already but the new ones look so yummy. I think I have all the apps I need till BM3 comes out , so all my itunes spendage goes to BH2 IAP. cant wait to snag that Asian and Baroque

• @InfoCheck said:

@realdavidai said:
    I am seeing an unfortunate trend. AU's that work fine when composing, but crash when the project is closed and then re-opened. Looks like BH is suffering from this dreaded disease.

Even when I click reload plugin the instance forgets it's patch :'(

I can confirm a similar glitch in AUM. If you save your Beathawk setup as an AU preset, you can at least recall it. Currently in AUM, it will load up two of the same instances.

Same kind of thing happens in garage band aswell
    Also it cuts off some of the UI on my iPhone

• so I purchased some of the packs, can I get the 'kits' to load into the cells automatically or do i need to pick each sound and manually assign a pad etc. . . . cant seem to figure it out :)

• @mireko_2 said:

That's what I decided on as well, and yepp the sounds are quite good.

Not yet but I might as I already have a bunch of the other IAPs.

Thankfully the import&export functions include iCloudDrive support so it's quite smooth to shuffle files from/to Audioshare.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Crabman said:

@realdavidai said:

@mireko_2 said:

Yeah that's why I have liked making rough takes in BeatHawk, as I am then not tempted to regiment my playing too much. Yes my timing sucks and I often have to try to get it close to the goal plenty of times - at least it's giving me practice ;)

Now I will have to resist the urge to over regiment again lol

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Odd problem here and there? I BLAME THE BETA BASTARDS.

Oh.

In other news, I guess it's inevitable to see a lot of BM3 chatter on this thread, and Gadget too I shouldn't wonder, makes sense with so much coming live at roughly the same time. Different beasts however, but it does feel like this is a fruitful time....

Fruitful or MANIC

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    :o :s :#
    My Air 1 is feeling really old too. :s

Yep

Kind of bummed about that.

More scary how uick time going by

• edited March 2017

Sorry if this was alreaidy discussed, but I did not use BH for a long long time (I got very disappointed by v1, I admit) : can someone tell me more about the iAPs ? How many they are ? And how much they cost (one by one, or by bundles if any) ?
    Thanks in advance...

[EDIT] Sorry, forget it... It's all detailed on UVI website, I juste realised...

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Sorry if this was alreaidy discussed, but I did not use BH for a long long time (I got very disappointed by v1, I admit) : can someone tell me more about the iAPs ? How many they are ? And how much they cost (one by one, or by bundles if any) ?
    Thanks in advance...

There are 24 of them and imo the ones i bought cost bit too much for what they offer(they cost 1.99 to 9.99 and doesent give too many sounds). Better to import your own stuff imo

• @ToMess said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Thanks in advance...

There are 24 of them and imo the ones i bought cost bit too much for what they offer(they cost 1.99 to 9.99 and doesent give too many sounds). Better to import your own stuff imo

That's what I was thinking... It's pretty expensive IMO, just to get a few kits that look interesting I would easily go up to 50-60 bucks... And for the whole sample kits, it would cost over 100 buck it seems... Too bad... As the import of sounds does not seem really easy (if I understand correctly, the sample editing / chopping has not been improved and it was pretty lame in v1.0... Made me go away then at least...)

• @ToMess said:

@ElGregoLoco said:
    Thanks in advance...

I agree, but bought the packs I have in sales, where they have met my idea of worth :)

• @ElGregoLoco said:
    Thanks in advance...

[EDIT] Sorry, forget it... It's all detailed on UVI website, I juste realised...

I disagree with above post.

I don't think there are any other such uality sample available on ios.

No they are not stabs and EDM AT ALL really, rather amazing international and historical based genres that are for a far more refined sound and taste.

Being the pacha that I am, I can dig it man.

Kidding.

I got them all last night. Very happy

Bye Bye Sampletank