Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk 2 is live

Comments

• Always loved this app.

Always dreamed of Universal app like this with Audiobus.

Game, changed.

• That's an awful lot of update for free right there. Thanks very much UVI.

• edited March 2017

Beathawk's iCloud integration already made it roughly the best bulk importer of samples (whole folders can be near-instantly imported from Audioshare...BM2 folder importing from Dropbox is really picky about folder nesting). That, and its quick auditioning of samples plus the addition of the visual sequencer could now make it the most efficient one-shot sequencer, at least until BM3.

BTW, user Acid Wavs will automatically chop across the keyboard when loaded in BH. Samplephonics, for one, is great about providing that format.

• @parallaxobject said:
    BTW, user Acid Wavs will automatically chop across the keyboard when loaded in BH. Samplephonics, for one, is great about providing that format.

I'm sure the google would tell me but how might one without access to Acid make Acid Wavs?

• edited March 2017

@parallaxobject said:

Thanks, seems like Acid Wav files do Timestretch..
    And the Song Mode is wicked... The automation on the timeline is genius.

• @parallaxobject said:
    Beathawk's iCloud integration already made it roughly the best bulk importer of samples (whole folders can be near-instantly imported from Audioshare...BM2 folder importing from Dropbox is really picky about folder nesting). That, and it's quick auctioning of samples plus the addition of the visual sequencer could now make it the most efficient one-shot sequencer, at least until BM3.

So let's say a user has a bunch of iMaschine kits in AudioShare. Possible to get those into BH? Asking for a friend.

• @syrupcore said:

@parallaxobject said:

I'm sure the google would tell me but how might one without access to Acid make Acid Wavs?

a quick google tells me Soundforge will export Acidized wavs. 59.99, but a free 30-day trial

• How do choke groups work? How does it determine what gets played if there's multiple hits?

• Imported one folder with 3 sub folders from Audioshare to BH: a few taps...I can easily/quick change the sounds in the main page of BH for each pad-subfolder (kick, snare, hats...etc.).Love these details.

• @Ivan_Dj
    Please describe the few taps? Not seeing BeatHawk as an option to "open in."

• edited March 2017

Open BH and select Browser and then user library. Tap the three green lines at the top and iCloud import. There you can select Audioshare.

• @parallaxobject said:
    Beathawk's iCloud integration already made it roughly the best bulk importer of samples (whole folders can be near-instantly imported from Audioshare...BM2 folder importing from Dropbox is really picky about folder nesting). That, and it's quick auctioning of samples plus the addition of the visual sequencer could now make it the most efficient one-shot sequencer, at least until BM3.

does it allow you to audition samples from your iTunes library before importing now (like bm2), or do you have to import first and then audition?

• @kobamoto said:

does it allow you to audition samples from your iTunes library before importing now (like bm2), or do you have to import first and then audition?

There is no 'iTunes Import' at all...

• I am seeing an unfortunate trend. AU's that work fine when composing, but crash when the project is closed and then re-opened. Looks like BH is suffering from this dreaded disease.

Even when I click reload plugin the instance forgets it's patch :'(

• @realdavidai said:
    I am seeing an unfortunate trend. AU's that work fine when composing, but crash when the project is closed and then re-opened. Looks like BH is suffering from this dreaded disease.

I can confirm a similar glitch in AUM. If you save your Beathawk setup as an AU preset, you can at least recall it. Currently in AUM, it will load up two of the same instances.

• @InfoCheck said:

@realdavidai said:
    I am seeing an unfortunate trend. AU's that work fine when composing, but crash when the project is closed and then re-opened. Looks like BH is suffering from this dreaded disease.

I can confirm a similar glitch in AUM. If you save your Beathawk setup as an AU preset, you can at least recall it. Currently in AUM, it will load up two of the same instances.

I've reported it to UVI...hope they can rectify. This product is too good to give up on as AUv3.

• Anyone tried it with Modstep?

• All the imported sounds are loaded as loops :/ . How can I change them to one shot?

• @Arpseechord said:

@TozBourne said:

@Arpseechord said:

@TozBourne said:
    (Beta tester here). My favorite parts of the update are: it's on the iPhone; the expand keyboard (especially for the iPhone), and the piano roll midi editing. Being an AudioUnit is very cool, and was the most surprising added feature, but the other stuff has really won me over

Sounds very good. Can this run on my ancient iPad mini 2? What is the breadth of music styles that can be created in Beathawk2? And are there any iaps you would deem essential? Thanks

It should run no problem on the mini2, I didn't load it to miy M2 due to space limitations but I tested on iPad4 iOS 9.3 (although AU is not working), and iphone6+ iOS 10.2 where everything seems to work okay.

As for styles of music? Whatever you want...I'm mostly Rock/Jazzy/Ambient, which I've done in Beathawk, but the app helped me expand some into more electro stuff. As for essential IAP, for me the choirs are the best on iOS and the pianos are pretty decent too. I love most of the percussion packs. Lucky you can preview some of the sounds within the app before purchasing. They've added a bunch of new sounds that I haven't checked yet.

Thanks very much sounds like a great deal, sold!

Have either of you two bought it yet? I read ipad 4 for minimum requirements. Please report back :-)

• @Samu said:

@kobamoto said:

There is no 'iTunes Import' at all...

thanks

• Hi, @Blipsford_Baubie - I've been running BeatHawk on my iPad4 for a couple of years with a lot of success. I've still got the beta version loaded on the 4, so can't comment on how well it operates from a fresh, live install -- however I will say that AU doesn't work (it won't load); tried in GB, Cubasis, and AUM...all nada. I have reported this issue.

• @TozBourne said:
    Hi, @Blipsford_Baubie - I've been running BeatHawk on my iPad4 for a couple of years with a lot of success. I've still got the beta version loaded on the 4, so can't comment on how well it operates from a fresh, live install -- however I will say that AU doesn't work (it won't load); tried in GB, Cubasis, and AUM...all nada. I have reported this issue.

Thanks. But I think my question wasn't clear, sorry. Like @Arpseechord , I also have a mini2. You said it should run on a M2, but the app store says 4th generation is the minimum requirement. The above member implied he was going to make the purchase after hearing you state that it should run on m2. I'll just wait on his results :smile:

• @realdavidai said:

@InfoCheck said:

@realdavidai said:

I've reported it to UVI...hope they can rectify. This product is too good to give up on as AUv3.

Think I've narrowed I down. 3 instances seem fine. The fourth instance seems to wreck havoc in Cubasis

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@TozBourne said:
    Hi, @Blipsford_Baubie - I've been running BeatHawk on my iPad4 for a couple of years with a lot of success. I've still got the beta version loaded on the 4, so can't comment on how well it operates from a fresh, live install -- however I will say that AU doesn't work (it won't load); tried in GB, Cubasis, and AUM...all nada. I have reported this issue.

Thanks. But I think my question wasn't clear, sorry. Like @Arpseechord , I also have a mini2. You said it should run on a M2, but the app store says 4th generation is the minimum requirement. The above member implied he was going to make the purchase after hearing you state that it should run on m2. I'll just wait on his results :smile:

ipad mini 2 is newer and more powerful than ipad 4 so you should be more than fine using it on a mini 2. Mini 2 is 64 bit and ipad 4 is only 32 bit.

• edited March 2017

@studioAB said:

@Blipsford_Baubie said:

@TozBourne said:

ipad mini 2 is newer and more powerful than ipad 4 so you should be more than fine using it on a mini 2. Mini 2 is 64 bit and ipad 4 is only 32 bit.

Really? Then there's no way I have an ipad mini2. I got this thing 2+ years ago. I was curious what i had not too long ago, so i compared my model number with a chart i found online, and determined it was a mini2. Sigh...i feel like such a dope. No wonder devs can never recreate my bugs

• :o :s :#
    My Air 1 is feeling really old too. :s

• Odd problem here and there? I BLAME THE BETA BASTARDS.

Oh.

In other news, I guess it's inevitable to see a lot of BM3 chatter on this thread, and Gadget too I shouldn't wonder, makes sense with so much coming live at roughly the same time. Different beasts however, but it does feel like this is a fruitful time....

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@parallaxobject said:

So let's say a user has a bunch of iMaschine kits in AudioShare. Possible to get those into BH? Asking for a friend.

Should be. In the browser, tap those three tiny lines to right of "library"; iCloud - import file; Locations; Audioshare. Find your folder of iMaschine sounds, tap, then "import this folder."

• Interested what people think of the instruments in the IAP?
    Ive decided to ignore the sampling limitations and focus whats good about this (the instruments are very good).
    Anyone bought either the trip hop, asia, or greece/turkey IAP?

Going to hook up my keystep tonight and give this another go approaching it as a sound module.