Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk 2 is live

Comments

• Excuse my unknowledge about Beathawk 2.0, but, can't figure out what this "Choke Group" does...?

Anyone out there that could explain what it meant for?
    Have searched for an explanation, but, can't find any decent explanation that make my head understand the function... :-(

Have tried it many times on my iPad in Beathawk 2.x, but I can't see anything happening when choosing this function...

Any thoughts?

• edited June 2017

@realdavidai said:
    This is fabulous!!! Thanks UVI !!

Apologies if I just can't spot it, or have the wrong end of the stick. But how do I bring up that keyboard in BeatHawk?

• @Zen210507 said:

@realdavidai said:
    This is fabulous!!! Thanks UVI !!

Apologies if I just can't spot it, or have the wrong end of the stick. But how do I bring up that keyboard in BeatHawk?

Oh this is BeatHawk running as AUv3 plugin in GarageBand on iPad

• @ErrkaPetti said:
    Excuse my unknowledge about Beathawk 2.0, but, can't figure out what this "Choke Group" does...?

Have searched for an explanation, but, can't find any decent explanation that make my head understand the function... :-(

Have tried it many times on my iPad in Beathawk 2.x, but I can't see anything happening when choosing this function...

Any thoughts?

It is mostly for hi hats, so that the closed HH chokes off the ringing open HH. If you search back to page 6 of this thread, I provide a detailed explanation on how to use it.

• @realdavidai said:
    Oh this is BeatHawk running as AUv3 plugin in GarageBand on iPad

Ah yes, of course. I haven't tried that yet. Will do so now. Thanks for putting me straight. :)

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Excuse my unknowledge about Beathawk 2.0, but, can't figure out what this "Choke Group" does...?

Any thoughts?

It is mostly for hi hats, so that the closed HH chokes off the ringing open HH. If you search back to page 6 of this thread, I provide a detailed explanation on how to use it.

Ok!
    Thank's!

• Basically, only one sample in the same choke group will play at the same time. You might not notice the effect if the samples you're playing aren't set to one-shot mode. A one shot mode sample will keep playing until it's finished even if the note is very short. So, if you had an open hi hat, followed shortly by a closed hat, you would want the open hat sample to stop playing when the closed hat is triggered. @Lady_App_titude's explanation is probably better, but there's my take.

• edited June 2017

@wim said:
    Basically, only one sample in the same choke group will play at the same time. You might not notice the effect if the samples you're playing aren't set to one-shot mode. A one shot mode sample will keep playing until it's finished even if the note is very short. So, if you had an open hi hat, followed shortly by a closed hat, you would want the open hat sample to stop playing when the closed hat is triggered. @Lady_App_titude's explanation is probably better, but there's my take.

Yeah! Thank's for both explanations, now I get it!

And, I must also say that I think that Beathawk 2.x is really awesome!
    Korg Gadget and Auria Pro, forgive me, but my last days have been almost 100% Beathawk 2.x hallelujah moments!
    So in love with this UVI jewelry! Many of the samplepacks that I bought on 50% off last week has so good quality that it tears my eyes ;-)

• Hi, I would like to buy BeatHawk, but I don't understand if it can import midifiles... Regards

• @ecstaticax said:
    Hi, I would like to buy BeatHawk, but I don't understand if it can import midifiles... Regards

I don't see anyway to 'import' MIDI in BH2...

Will love to be proven wrong...

• Your best bet is to use it as an AU in a proper sequencer, unfortunately.

• Maybe we need to start a BH2.5 request thread...

• @ecstaticax said:
    Hi, I would like to buy BeatHawk, but I don't understand if it can import midifiles... Regards

buy beatmaker 3 to load it into, and then realize that there is no need to use beathawk in it

• Does BeatHawk has a sound set or I need to use external apps?

• It includes some basic sound packs, and offers many as in-app purchases. Scroll about halfway down
    https://www.uvi.net/beathawk.html for everything you need to know.

• @wim said:
    It includes some basic sound packs, and offers many as in-app purchases. Scroll about halfway down

Ops,I wanted to ask if BM3 has a soundset, not BH..

• edited August 2017

@ecstaticax said:

@wim said:
    It includes some basic sound packs, and offers many as in-app purchases. Scroll about halfway down

Ops,I wanted to ask if BM3 has a soundset, not BH..

Yes it has some(one free pack and IAPs), and i think more is coming. But i suggest getting a ruismaker or/and ruismaker fm for drums, since at least the free pack doesent include drums. Or use your own samples(or other apps, ruismaker is just easy to make drums with and sample to bm3).

• wimwim
    edited August 2017

Pretty much the same answer. A very basic set of sounds to start with, lots of packs to purchase. The feedback I've read is pretty negative on the sound packs for BM3, and outstanding for BH2. Go figure.

https://intua.net/packs/

BM3 is in a class of it's own as far as creating your own sound-sets goes, but you have to be into that kind of thing.

• edited August 2017

@wim said:
    Pretty much the same answer. A very basic set of sounds to start with, lots of packs to purchase. The feedback I've read is pretty negative on the sound packs for BM3, and outstanding for BH2. Go figure.

I bought mark two berlin, string machines and epic stacs and stabs and really dig them

• @wim said:

BM3 is in a class of it's own as far as creating your own sound-sets goes, but you have to be into that kind of thing.

At the end I bought BH2 because of its sounds and because it seemed to be easier to use. I also can access to a good soundset (even if mostly on IAP) that I can use inside Cubasis and Auria.
    In the last year iOS made a quantum leap in music software. That's great.

• @ecstaticax said:

@wim said:

At the end I bought BH2 because of its sounds and because it seemed to be easier to use. I also can access to a good soundset (even if mostly on IAP) that I can use inside Cubasis and Auria.

Congrats on that!

But I have married Beathawk 2 with Beatmaker 3, and that's a pretty happy couple!

The IAP soundpacks in Beathawk is superior to Beatmakers, at least for now...

• @ErrkaPetti said:

Which IAP do you suggest for Beathawk to start with?

• @ToMess said:

@ecstaticax said:

buy beatmaker 3 to load it into, and then realize that there is no need to use beathawk in it

Unless of course you want superior sounds to those in BM3

Don't get me wrong, i love BM3 but the sound packs in BH2 are some of the best around imho. Also, it's a joy to use on the iPhone

• @ErrkaPetti said:

@ecstaticax said:

@wim said:

Congrats on that!

But I have married Beathawk 2 with Beatmaker 3, and that's a pretty happy couple!

+1

Great matchup. Hopefully beathawk can see the light and introduce more awesome sound packs.

• @Samu said:

I can safely say that sampling geeks will love the app I'm testing...
    (So nice to communicate with a dev who listens and actually implements too hehe).

I guess you're not at liberty to talk b/c of a NDA & the like. But is it a brand new app or an update to an existing one?

• @calixte said:

@Samu said:

I can safely say that sampling geeks will love the app I'm testing...
    (So nice to communicate with a dev who listens and actually implements too hehe).

I guess you're not at liberty to talk b/c of a NDA & the like. But is it a brand new app or an update to an existing one?

Check the date of the post you're quoting ;)

I'm fairly sure he was talking about BM3

• @calixte said:

>

No NDAs on BM3 that's for sure!
    I love it for what it does and it will only improve over time no doubts about that.

For me it works very well for the intended purpose but I'm not 'all users' and thus can not represent every use-case scenario :)

• edited August 2017

@ecstaticax said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

Every IAP is really good and playable, but, why not start with:

Acoustic Drums
    Funk
    Disco (yeah!)
    Brass Riff
    Guitar Loops

I even bought Acoustic Grand (piano), and, this piano sounds really warm and gentle (great to have as an AUv3-instrument in many hosts)...

The sound quality is top notch on every soundpack, that’s for sure!

Good luck!

• @ecstaticax said:

@ErrkaPetti said:

It depends on what kind of music you make. All I can say is the piano is by far the best I've tried on iOS, and the acoustic drum kit is very good.

• I recently picked up BeatHawk and have been using it with Cubasis as a AU and been having a blast. I haven't opened gadget or BM3 in a little while now

The one odd thing to me was loading sounds/kits
    You can't load a kit you have to,load individual samples to each pad it seems.
    Like you can only load a demo song then a kit from there.
    I would of thought the sound packs would have kits already mapped up you can just load.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    Sounds are very good and usable