Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

BeatHawk 2 is live

Comments

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Broke down n grabbed tutti orchestra, Asian and Greece/Turkey IAP. Love these sounds! Super high quality

Yes! Delicious even!

• @yug said:
    What's New in Version 2.0.1
    - NEW! Manual now opens in favorite browser
    - FIX! Retro compatibility with non-retina displays
    - FIX! Export issue that would leave an empty folder
    - FIX! Japanese language issues
    - FIX! Crash using InterAppAudio switch App button
    - FIX! Crash load prev / load next (browser)
    - FIX! Crash related to history
    - FIX! Crash loading project
    - FIX! Crash using ABLink
    - FIX! Exporting to Ableton Live
    - FIX! Exporting to SoundCloud
    - KNOWN ISSUES! Multiple instances of AudioUnit (Work In Progress)

So, no fix on the Multi Export... Nothing in the iTune File Transfer..

• is BH actually playable/usable on small screen iPhones like the 5s?
    would appreciate if anyone who's tried it give me some insight.

• @psychicmonkey said:
    is BH actually playable/usable on small screen iPhones like the 5s?

It's fairly subjective, but I find it perfectly
    workable on my 5.

• Export and MultiExport worked for me - before this last update.I could open the export-file and there were all
    my files.I could then (one by one) copy them to audioshare etc.
    After this latest update the export-file is EMPTY.Great update!

• Edit: I even reinstalled the app re-downloaded all my purchased packs.No way to export anything,except a
    "song"-file which is empty when I have copied it to Audioshare.

• @psychicmonkey said:

Usable? Yes. Playable? Um... depends on your eyes, nimble fingers, and how many pads you like to use while playing.

It seems damn near impossible to me to tap out anything with accuracy using two fingers on adjacent pads. This can be worked around with different pad configurations.

• @telecharge said:

@psychicmonkey said:

Usable? Yes. Playable? Um... depends on your eyes, nimble fingers, and how many pads you like to use while playing.

It seems damn near impossible to me to tap out anything with accuracy using two fingers on adjacent pads. This can be worked around with different pad configurations.

You don't use the full screen keyboard? Keys are pretty big to me on the phone

• @db909 said:
    You don't use the full screen keyboard? Keys are pretty big to me on the phone

Sometimes, but for me they're still too close for comfort using adjacent pads. It would be better if I could zoom in on the 16 pads in a similar way (maybe 2 rows of 8?). I'm used to BeatHawk on an iPad, though.

• Thanks for the response, @aaronpc, @telecharge, @db909. Good reference as I ponder on for the remaining two weeks of sale on whether I can use it with AUM or be realistic and just use the money for AB3.

• Nobody else having problems with exporting a project?

• @Schimanski said:
    Nobody else having problems with exporting a project?

I've not updated. Thankfully, I haven't had any problems with the few exports I've done, and I haven't had any crashes.

Not to poo-poo the update, but I'm not seeing anything for me that's worth downloading another 1 GB.

• @psychicmonkey said:
    Thanks for the response, @aaronpc, @telecharge, @db909. Good reference as I ponder on for the remaining two weeks of sale on whether I can use it with AUM or be realistic and just use the money for AB3.

I didn't know you were talking about using it as an AUx in Aum. Now that is getting a bit squeezy.

• @telecharge : Lucky you - foolish me!I should have known better.I had no problems with exporting and had no
    crashes or anything like that until this latest update.So Beathawk is going to the "Unusable° folder again.

• @aaronpc said:

@psychicmonkey said:
    Thanks for the response, @aaronpc, @telecharge, @db909. Good reference as I ponder on for the remaining two weeks of sale on whether I can use it with AUM or be realistic and just use the money for AB3.

I didn't know you were talking about using it as an AUx in Aum. Now that is getting a bit squeezy.

Righto. Guess I really need to upgrade to a bigger screen.

• @psychicmonkey said:

I'm loving it on iPhone SE, it's well put together for the small screen. Easier to play on my iPad mini 4, but perfectly serviceable on SE

• @Schimanski said:
    @telecharge : Lucky you - foolish me!I should have known better.I had no problems with exporting and had no
    crashes or anything like that until this latest update.So Beathawk is going to the "Unusable° folder again.

Well, I do get the multi export files .. but cannot retrieve them like the manual says in iTunes transfer (like BH1 did) ... I envy you for having such patience to transfer 1 by 1, I don't.

Anyway, the Multi Export files are there for me as they were before this update...

Maybe a reinstall will help you...

• @RajahP said:

@Schimanski said:
    @telecharge : Lucky you - foolish me!I should have known better.I had no problems with exporting and had no

Well, I do get the multi export files .. but cannot retrieve them like the manual says in iTunes transfer (like BH1 did) ... I envy you for having such patience to transfer 1 by 1, I don't.

Anyway, the Multi Export files are there for me as they were before this update...

Maybe a reinstall will help you...

I was able to export the song mix, MIDI, and multi files into AudioShare. With the multi files, I had to transfer each, one by one so a way to export the whole folder would be helpful.

• @Gaia.Tree said:

@psychicmonkey said:

I'm loving it on iPhone SE, it's well put together for the small screen. Easier to play on my iPad mini 4, but perfectly serviceable on SE

Right, thanks for your input.
    Saw the iPhone trailer, does seem "workable" as everyone says, just not very comfortable. AUx seems not usable UI-wise.

• The AU is all wonky in Cubasis since BH's latest update, btw. Running ok in AUM, though.

• Well,I reinstalled Beathawk twice.No luck!By the way,Ìm on iOS10.3.Could this be a reason for my trouble or
    are you on the latest iOS update too?

• @Schimanski said:
    Well,I reinstalled Beathawk twice.No luck!By the way,Ìm on iOS10.3.Could this be a reason for my trouble or
    are you on the latest iOS update too?

I was able to export a mix to AudioShare on an iPad Mini 2 and an iPhone 6 both running iOS 10.3.

Are you sure you're following all of the steps needed to export (it's not the most straight forward procedure)? How far do you get?

• @aaronpc said:
    The AU is all wonky in Cubasis since BH's latest update, btw. Running ok in AUM, though.

Same here. I think the next update will focus on AU though

• Just to let you know that I don't have any issue exporting multi tracks with 2.0.1

So far for 2.0.2:
    - Audio Unit multiple instance fix (I had to change a good amount of code so we will need to do some beta test first to make sure we broke nothing, there is a great improvement in AU stability and save state)
    - Audio Unit on iPhone were cropped, will be scaled to fit.
    - Browser: "Zip Directory" in order to export full folders in one click.
    - Browser: "Unzip File" (quick import)
    - ^ With these 2 options I think we all agree to say goodbye iTunes File Transfer, no regrets.

I would like to implement AudioShare but is it not working properly through iCloud ? (I saw some people doing it this way in this thread)

• edited March 2017

@BastienCo said:
    Just to let you know that I don't have any issue exporting multi tracks with 2.0.1

So far for 2.0.2:
    - Audio Unit multiple instance fix (I had to change a good amount of code so we will need to do some beta test first to make sure we broke nothing, there is a great improvement in AU stability and save state)
    - Audio Unit on iPhone were cropped, will be scaled to fit.
    - Browser: "Zip Directory" in order to export full folders in one click.
    - Browser: "Unzip File" (quick import)
    - ^ With these 2 options I think we all agree to say goodbye iTunes File Transfer, no regrets.

I would like to implement AudioShare but is it not working properly through iCloud ? (I saw some people doing it this way in this thread)

Thanks.. The zip oprion will be great.. Now I can get that beautiful song mode automation feature to my DAW for sculpting... (without the tedious process of importing one file at a time)..

The midi export is fab.. with the Multi Export I can take advantage of those quatily UVI sounds... Some of my $1-200 Vsti don't sound as good as these soundpacks..

Looking forward to the update..

• @BastienCo said:

It works, but it also uploads my projects to iCloud. Is that an option that can be turned off?

• @BastienCo

You're likely aware of the issues below, but fyi:

AUx issues in BH running in Cubasis v2:
    When in song mode, BH doesn't reset to 1.1.1 along with Cubasis
    Persistent text boxes (bpm/snapping) from Quantize popup (the dialog goes away; the inputs do not)

Issues added since updating to Cubasis 2.1:
    Reload AU warnings when switching between pattern/track. Sometimes fixes itself.

In AUM:
    Loud error-type tone when recording tracks 2 and up (1 was fine). Still records, and plays fine after, but very distracting. Doesn't happen every time.
    Plug-in crashes after loading an instrument, but only if other cells are loaded already. Patterns were initialized upon reload, and sometimes reloading froze AUM, too. Good thing I was only testing.

I don't know if these issues fall in your lap, others, or if you have to just chalk it up to early days. I'm still very impressed with what you guys were able to do with this as an AU. It sets a high bar, and I can't wait for it to be session ready.

10.3 iPad Air 1

• @BastienCo said:
    Just to let you know that I don't have any issue exporting multi tracks with 2.0.1

So far for 2.0.2:

Really looking forward to this. Thanks for making AU a priority.

• edited March 2017

@telecharge said:

@BastienCo said:

It works, but it also uploads my projects to iCloud. Is that an option that can be turned off?

In iOS 10.3, you can go into settings, select "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store", select "iCloud". In the iCloud settings you can select which apps store documents and data to iCloud. The previous versions of iOS had similar settings.

• @InfoCheck said:
    In iOS 10.3, you can go into settings, select "Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store", select "iCloud". In the iCloud settings you can select which apps store documents and data to iCloud. The previous versions of iOS had similar settings.

Thanks! I'm not on 10.3 on this device, so it's Settings, iCloud, then tapping where iCloud Drive is set to "On" to see 3rd party apps and some Apple apps.

It makes sense that they changed it because it's deceptive to see a list of apps on the iCloud screen below iCloud Drive toggled on and off.