Sunrizer 50% off sale: $4.99

Sunrizer and Thor are the last two "iOS synth classics" I never bought over these last two years working with iOS. Thor never seems to go on sale but Sunrizer has just a few hours ago, down from $10 bucks to $5.

It's always had this great reputation and I've seen it listed in, no BS, 60 to 70% of the iOS produced tracks online & on SOTM Club recordings. It's very popular and I'm spending the morning seeing why

I love this arpeggiator, so cool. Layout is logically laid out and easy on the eyes and while there are a lot of EDM, Acid & Dubstep sounding patches after loading all the free preset sounds I found some true analog synth gems and some pads that just gave me goosebumps.

Thanks to the developer if they frequent AB Land here, really appreciate it. As the "Spendage" thread demonstrated a lot of us weren't shy about spending some serious jack on apps. It's cool to get a deal on an app you've always wanted to try.

Be cool...

Comments

  • 29 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Sunrizer is a no brainer buy!

  • @Nu2moro said:
    Sunrizer is a no brainer buy!

    Yep!

  • As is Thor (for me).

  • A great app that I would gladly pay twice its regular price.
    If you don't have it, get it. Now.

  • No brainer! Get Sunrizer, even if the price went back to $9.99. It's seriously damn good.

  • Essential synth on iOS at its normal price. A steal at this price.

  • You all weren't kidding! Haven't even attempted programming my own sounds yet but the presets are really good and there's quite a few free banks out there for download. And I understand there's a random patch generator as well. Really enjoyed playing around with some of the sounds tonight and looking forward to doing some recording with it.

  • @Joel75 said:
    You all weren't kidding! Haven't even attempted programming my own sounds yet but the presets are really good and there's quite a few free banks out there for download. And I understand there's a random patch generator as well. Really enjoyed playing around with some of the sounds tonight and looking forward to doing some recording with it.

    One of the building blocks, but I do which the random button wasn't hidden away under 'Utils'....

  • For some reason whenever I see this app name Star Rider starts playing in my head.
    The song does feature some synth I think ... looking at the keyboard set up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1KRvWL8fvk

  • I wish I could get Sunrizer to play nice with external MIDI. I love its sound so much but wanna drive it with Navichord and Xynthesizr. no luck so far.

  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    @Gaia.Tree said:
    I wish I could get Sunrizer to play nice with external MIDI. I love its sound so much but wanna drive it with Navichord and Xynthesizr. no luck so far.

    Was just driving fine with Xynthesizr. Will try Navichord too, but no problems playing it with Geoshred earlier.

    Do you have background audio turned on? There's a button for it on the main page, but another on in the audio page of the app settings. I have both turned on.

    EDIT: just tried Navichord too. No issues at all. Driving Sunrizer just fine

  • edited March 17 Vote Up0

    Hmm. Maybe a reinstall is in order.
    BG audio is definitely on, but ill tinker a bit more with it tommorow before a delete and reinstall.

  • @Gaia.Tree said:
    Hmm. Maybe a reinstall is in order.
    BG audio is definitely on, but ill tinker a bit more with it tommorow before a delete and reinstall.

    Just tried Forever Beats driving Sunrizer too. No problemo. Also switched off the background audio in the audio settings. Didn't seem to make a difference either way, as long as the main page BG audio is on.

  • @JRSIV said:
    Sunrizer and Thor are the last two "iOS synth classics" I never bought over these last two years working with iOS. Thor never seems to go on sale but Sunrizer has just a few hours ago, down from $10 bucks to $5.

    Thor was on sale quite a few times in the past for $4.99. I bought it a long time ago but never got into it.

  • Anybody know if other Beepstreet apps like Impaktor and Gyrosynth will be updated in the future? They still are 32 bits...

  • Great app but, can't get it to sync in cubasis. Using the arp I have say 130 Bpm in cubasis but in Sunriser it's 129. I have tried pretty much everything, audiobus, interapp, midi, forced ipad shutdown, re installed, turned off midi clock cubasis. Big audio on and off I cluding the one in utilities. I mean this thing sounds great if it could sync. I tried synthmaster and it works just perfect. Bit stumped and I don't want to send it back for a refund.

  • Just to add, all my other synths when using arps work fine, all nice and in sync..

  • Manually changing tempo is still an option that I often find worthwhile using.

  • @Tritonman said:
    Manually changing tempo is still an option that I often find worthwhile using.

    The problem being, that's not working. I set the tempo in cubasis, go to Sunriser and it won't let me change. If it does it goes back to 1bpm below cubasis. Loading the app after a clean start the behaviour is even odder. This time and without changing any parameters inside Sunriser, the bpm is around 250 to cubasis running at 130. This the only synth that does this. I noted that Sunriser had a recent update. Could there be an issue? Is it worth contacting the developer? Has anyone else had a problem? A lot of members seem to rate Sunriser, so I would ask. Please check the app in cubasis and see if anything is dodgy. Cheers.

  • Holy weirdness Batman! Not had that happen before. My tempo is showing way too many numbers and none of them were what I set it for. Looks like another Bug.

  • I just tried it and sunrizers clock went to 214million.....odd

  • Sunrizer run's hot, but so do all the beast hot rods. $4.99 isn't a steal, it's a GIMME. Grab if no have :+1:

  • @Tritonman said:
    Holy weirdness Batman! Not had that happen before. My tempo is showing way too many numbers and none of them were what I set it for. Looks like another Bug.

    @BiancaNeve said:
    I just tried it and sunrizers clock went to 214million.....odd

    I'm not the only one then. Yep mine went to the millions but I thought I was seeing things so put 250 instead. Does the developer come on her? It's a great synth that's for sure, real meaty and dirty. Like it loads but the arp is way out .It needs urgent attention.

  • Is the sale over?

  • @Richuill said:
    Is the sale over?

    No it's still on, but beware it's still not working as it should. I must point out that the app crashes out on a regular basis when connected to cubasis through iap and audiobus. It does work fine in standalone and works with all my midi controllers i.e. Navichord, chordian, etc . So that's a plus. If you like warp speed bpm then go for it, I'm sure, I hope this aspect will be addressed sooner rather than later.

  • Is it worth getting if I already have DRC? Still $9.99 in the app store for me.

  • Was it a 3 hour sale? A flash sale? A micro sale?

  • it was several days long

  • @Gaia.Tree said:
    it was several days long

    Doh!! :s

Sign In or Register to comment.