Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiverb Please?

Would make for a sexy AU

Yes I'm dreaming.

Comments

• My first reverb!

• @anickt said:
    My first reverb!

Lovely!!

• My first very own effects box was the Zoom 1202...

https://www.zoom-na.com/products/production-recording/audio-interfaces/1202-zoom-studio

Would love to see the Zoom 1202 as an AUv3 too :)

1202.jpg 529.2K
  • My first effects unit - I bought four of these: http://waytorockstar.up.n.seesaa.net/waytorockstar/image/DSCN3522-2.jpg

After a while I changed them for a pair of these (or was it three? can't remember):
    http://img.tarad.com/shop/t/tokai/img-lib/spd_20110320225627_b.JPG

…and they were superb for putting directly onto an Oberheim Matrix 1000 output (one unit per synth).

I don't have those effects any more. I used to have a Lexicon Alex and Lexicon Vortex - both very good (if driven hot, I finally realised). All I have left (other than an old little zoom guitar thing) is a very delicious Ibanez AD-202 and equally gorgeous Ibanez AD100 analogue BBD delay. Both possibly for sale soon.

• @anickt said:
    My first reverb!

This unit and the 3630 put Alesis out front for consumer level audio IMO. So many recordings done with this and I actually used midi to change programs live on electric drum kits back in the late 80's. The power plug would usually disintegrate if you looked at it wrong.

• edited March 2017

I ruined many a recording with a Microverb 3!

• edited March 2017

Still got mine. :)

Backlight died but works fine. I also have the Wedge which is essentially the same unit in tabletop format with 4 sliders. I use that one more because it's quicker to edit on.

Not sure it sounds any better than most of the reverbs available on iOS. The Quadraverb would be more interesting I think.

• @syrupcore said:

Backlight died but works fine. I also have the Wedge which is essentially the same unit in tabletop format with 4 sliders. I use that one more because it's quicker to edit on.

Not sure it sounds any better than most of the reverbs available on iOS. The Quadraverb would be more interesting I think.

Oh man! I had the Effectron II as well. Lots of fun with that one! What's the one below it? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

• I used to own that Effectron also!

• @anickt said:

@syrupcore said:

Oh man! I had the Effectron II as well. Lots of fun with that one! What's the one below it? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

I had a quadraverb, many moons ago :)

• edited March 2017

My old Quadraverb was the first device to teach me that you can't depend on presets to gauge a device's abilities. Spent way too much time making patches, but they were pretty good for the time. I think reverbs have really come a long way since then as far as detail and definition to the signal.

• @Martygras said:
    My old Quadraverb was the first device to teach me that you can't depend on presets to gauge a device's abilities. Spent way too much time making patches, but they were pretty good for the time. I think reverbs have really come a long way since then as far as detail and definition to the signal.

I loved programming that thing. So many interesting routing possibilities.

Ensoniq DP/4 was another beast from that era. A pleasure to program.

• @anickt said:

@syrupcore said:

Yep. Effectron II is a "out of my cold dead hands" sorta box for me. The one below is a DEX-1000. Very similar but has a couple of other features. Mainly two different LFO waveforms and an LFO off switch (can engage with a pedal), a tone knob and front panel jacks (in addition to the back panel). It's a great box and no one cares about it so they can be found on the cheap.

• I always thought that the Midiverb 2 was the winner in this series. Lots of great, useable presets, no pesky adjustments, and a decent noise floor for the time.
    Oddly enought, I've never used the actual Midi part of it to change presets.
    I've still got (and use) mine.

• My first FX were a Stereo Memory Man and a Deluxe Electric Mistress from Electro-Harmonix. Early 80's vintage not reissues.

I miss them. :'(

• I spy a wavestation.

• @u0421793 said:
    I spy a wavestation.

Yep. When I bought iWaveStation, the app store description said it could be used as a remote editor for the hardware. 3 hours and at least one purchase later, said feature was missing from the description (and app, obvi). :/

• I still have one of those in a drawer here. :)
    It lost it's memory, some battery that need changing I think. I wouldn't be able to fit it into my stuff these days anyways, but it was great at the time. :)

• @hellquist said:

I still have one of those in a drawer here. :)
    It lost it's memory, some battery that need changing I think. I wouldn't be able to fit it into my stuff these days anyways, but it was great at the time. :)

Apparently it has a CR2032 in there. Here's a French foreign European continental overseas cross-channel site with the steps to take: http://fr.audiofanzine.com/multieffet/boss/se-50/pedago/tutoriels/changer-la-pile-de-sauvegarde-du-se50-3145/ - worth doing, lots of gear is suffering from leakage these days.

• @u0421793 said:

@hellquist said:

I still have one of those in a drawer here. :)

Apparently it has a CR2032 in there. Here's a French foreign European continental overseas cross-channel site with the steps to take: http://fr.audiofanzine.com/multieffet/boss/se-50/pedago/tutoriels/changer-la-pile-de-sauvegarde-du-se50-3145/ - worth doing, lots of gear is suffering from leakage these days.

Thanks! :smiley:

• Which ios reverb app comes closer to Midiverb's character? ( nothing too rich algorithm ) just close to those Warm Midiverb presets