Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Anyone still using the iPad 4th Generation?

Just wondering what iOS Devices people are using. Anyone still using the iPad 4th Generation?

Comments

• Yep...that and an iPad mini 2. Hoping to upgrade soon though.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Just wondering what iOS Devices people are using. Anyone still using the iPad 4th Generation?

My iOS setup is: iPad 3rd Generation and iPhone 6S Plus. Since so many music apps are iPad-only, most of my musicking is shifting to that old iPad. Apart from the Alchemy version of GarageBand, which requires iOS10, haven’t had any issue.
    Did have a hard time finding a USB to Dock Connector dongle to plug in my MIDI controllers.. Ended up buying one for 3$ which took a month to get to my place. Everything works fine.

How about you?

• Have a four (along with a Pro) don't use it often but glad to have it as a 32-bit fallback machine....

• still get much use out of my 4. i'm hoping to get a newer Air2 or Pro maybe sometime before the end of the year. i actually haven't been struggling with it too much and rarely find myself wishing I had something more powerful - it still works well and suites my needs. but that being said it will be so sweet to finally upgrade and get 2-3 apps I've missed out on over the past year or so (Model 15 and Lexington Gadget/odessei) Also have iphone6s and have been using that probably almost as much as my ipad.

• Have a 3 that i've basically retired. But i do use it sometimes when my Air2's battery is too low.

• Yep, iPad 4th generation user here.

• edited March 2017

I have 3 iPads that I hook up in the studio via both an iCM2+ and an iCM4+. They are (in theory :smile: ) permanently connected to that setup and not used for other things - and are older gear (mini 1 and a couple of iPad 3's).

They still work just fine - even with AB chains - as long as I don't overtax them. :+1: I use them as outboard sound sources - synths etc. - feeding my desktop DAWs on macOS - perhaps running, say, Animoog or the like (something I don't have on the desktop at least) or as outboard FX where I might feed a track or a hardware synth via the DAW into, say, Volcano running in Auria Pro on one of them and perhaps another effect like Crystalline on another.

My main on-the-go iPad now is a mini 4. I occasionally hook that in too, but use that more independently or with other setups ( e.g. with another iPad or a Macbook with the iCA4+ or perhaps by itself or with a Macbook with the iCA2+)

I also have a couple of mini 2's that I use for different tasks: one for testing apps, the other was my main workhorse (a mini 2 64) until I picked up the mini 4 a while back. Almost all of these have been 2nd hand purchases (with the exception of the mini 2 64).

The iPad 1 is still in use too as a MIDI controller / remote.

Never did get an iPad 4... :smiley: skipped that generation.

• iPad4 here.

• 4th gen here as well. Still works great.

• I have a 4. It is still usable to produce music. I use Auria Pro and don't have much problem. Of course you have to freeze each tracks and it takes time and can break the "flow" of your creativity. I will however buy the new ipad pro because more and more apps are 64 only. Another problem is the horsepower needed for the Fabfilter pro-R. Ipad4 is not powerful enough

• Another 4 user here. It still works well for me if i don't make things too hard for it. So no huge projects and such. Currently contemplating whether to invest in a pro or get more modules for my Eurorack. I might quit IOS altogether because i'm having so much fun with modular. Then again i love Animoog, Borderlands, Poseidon, Patterning and Elastic Drums so much that i'm still not sure what to do.

• edited March 2017

I have a 4 that I use a lot, along with my mini2 and iphone6+. My mini2 is the workhorse for my music making, but it's only 32GB so I keep a lot of larger apps on the 64GB 4, such as Oriental strings, Launchpad, and the main reason I use my iPad4...Alchemy!!!

• I'd say your 4 should still be useful for a while yet! While it will of course eventually be "stuck" where it is, it will continue to do everything it's doing right now.

I have a 3 that I still use along with an Air1, and this is for live gigs! I treat it almost as a standalone synth, not running too much on it at one time. But it's still good for DrumJam, Looptwister (rip), Impaktor, and older versions of Magellan, Sunrizer, etc. that I trigger with a 25-key controller to supplement whatever is also running on the Air.