Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modstep undo function?

seems like this essential function is missing or is it just me?
rtfm done!

Comments

• Auto saves incrementally

• Actually, I do believe there IS some kind of new undo.
    I was writing some midi in a scene while a loop played. The first pass was great, but the next couple of passes were full of clams. So I hit the trash icon. I assumed it would wipe the scene, but to my surprise, only the last pass was deleted. I hit the trash icon again, and the pass before that was deleted!

Modstep power users: Was this always there? Or did I just discover it?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Actually, I do believe there IS some kind of new undo.
    I was writing some midi in a scene while a loop played. The first pass was great, but the next couple of passes were full of clams. So I hit the trash icon. I assumed it would wipe the scene, but to my surprise, only the last pass was deleted. I hit the trash icon again, and the pass before that was deleted!

you might just have discovered something new D=

• @ExAsperis99 you may have stumbled on gold! Will try it tonight. The lack of undo has annoyed me for some time...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

I'm still trying to make this work for me. When and how do you hit the trash icon and have something deleted. Usually you have to hit the trash icon and then tap on what you want deleted on the screen...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Could you elaborate on this?
    What exactly did you do in what view and in which sequence?

Thank you very much!

• Been a while since then, and I'm not free to test for a couple of days. But I'll look into it as soon as I can.

• this new trick method... good news.

• @Kühl said:
    this new trick method... good news.

But does it actually work? I cannot get it to work...

• edited September 2017

@OscarSouth said:
    Auto saves incrementally

I agree.
    There is no proper undo button, but there are incremental auto saves that you can revert back to. When you want to “undo” a take, press the file icon in the top right corner, then choose from one of the time stamped auto-saved files—press “Load”. There are six auto-saves that refresh every 15 seconds, so you can choose from a range of “0sec ago” to “1m15s ago”. That gives you only about 75 seconds to decide to revert back before it’s too late, so if you ever need more time to think about it, temporarily turn off the “Autosave” button to stop the auto-saves from being replaced, then make up your mind already.

• @audiorangutan This is the old state.

Above where a mentioning of a new, slightly hidden UNDO function - please read above.

• @tja said:
    @audiorangutan This is the old state.

Above where a mentioning of a new, slightly hidden UNDO function - please read above.

that's not a hidden undo function but a happy accident. the dev once confirmed that there's no proper undo at the moment. he pointed to using the autosaves as a workaround.

• Now, that's also olddddddd.

He shall finally add proper UNDO and REDO.
    That's the solution

• @tja said:
    @audiorangutan This is the old state.

This is not the “old state”, it is the current and only state of Modstep. Yes, I did read the mention above of a possible hidden undo process—I failed to mention that this is a dangerous, delusional fantasy and does not exist—but I was actually answering the original question of the post (scroll all the way to the top).

• Dangerous? Delusional!?
    Moi?
    I'm not dangerous.

I don't know what I did. I seemed to find some weird activity; and if you click on the trash icon and your scene goes red, you'll STILL see the midi notes playing underneath until you double-tap the scene. I don't know. It's weird. You do get in the habit of gaming the autosave when you make a mistake. But I do have no idea why Undo or Redo can't be incorporated....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Dangerous? Delusional!?
    Moi?

Haha! Yes, and you are guilty of the crime of inciting UNDO hope amongst the people!
    Seriously though, you and everyone here are right: why wasn’t undo/redo incorporated from the beginning in apps like Modstep, or Infinite Looper—if I may broaden the discussion?

• @audiorangutan said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Dangerous? Delusional!?
    Moi?

Haha! Yes, and you are guilty of the crime of inciting UNDO hope amongst the people!
    Seriously though, you and everyone here are right: why wasn’t undo/redo incorporated from the beginning in apps like Modstep, or Infinite Looper—if I may broaden the discussion?

Because good professional UX design is hard enough to find with well funded initiatives. Forget about the pittance generated by the iOS music making market... These folks are doing their best with what they got.