Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

HELP: ThumbJam sending channel or key pressure

Has anyone managed to get ThumbJam sending any (per touch) channel or key pressure and it having any effect on Animoog or Model 15.

I'm thoroughly confused. And on an iPhone6S Plus.

There are so many midi options to switch on and off in ThumbJam - but whatever I choose it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I can play notes into Animoog and Model15. And I can effect the volume based on x-axis or force.

But I'd have thought I should be able to create the same effect as moving my finger up and down the blades of the Animoog keys when moving them up and down the keys in ThumbJam. But unfortunately it seems to be no go (even with multi-touch and channel and key pressure switched on in TJ).

Has anyone actually got this to work??

Comments

• I just tested it, make sure your patch in ThumbJam has the volume control set to xaxis or force, and set a pretty low minimum volume on the slider there. Then in the midi prefs output options turn OFF send volume and send key pressure, but turn ON Send Channel Pressure. Turn on channel per touch, and set start channel to 2.

In animoog or model 15, set input to MPE.

With that setup it sends the proper channel pressure messages when you are changing the volume using whatever method you set up in the patch (xaxis, force touch, etc).

I know it's kind of a mess to set up the midi options!

• Very cool, I've never tried this but it's great to know it is possible. Especially seeing how I love the ThumbJam arp so very much for driving Animoog.

• edited March 2017

@sonosaurus said:
    I just tested it, make sure your patch in ThumbJam has the volume control set to xaxis or force, and set a pretty low minimum volume on the slider there. Then in the midi prefs output options turn OFF send volume and send key pressure, but turn ON Send Channel Pressure. Turn on channel per touch, and set start channel to 2.

In animoog or model 15, set input to MPE.

With that setup it sends the proper channel pressure messages when you are changing the volume using whatever method you set up in the patch (xaxis, force touch, etc).

I know it's kind of a mess to set up the midi options!

Brilliant. Thanks. Will try later.

By the way, @sonosaurus I'm finding that after a bit of use (2 mins) the Arp functionality kind of crashes and stops working altogether. Sends no midi notes at all after it has 'crashed'. But if you turn the arp to off it ThumbJam then sends normal midi notes and the rest of the app is fine.

This is using quantise switched to on. And I think Link is on.

The only fix is to restart ThumbJam. But then it happens again after another 2 mins.

Ever seen this?

• Actually the arp crashing problem might be with 'Quant Only' switched on (since that's how I want to use it).

• Thumbjam will likely always stay on my device. But I've learned that there is nothing better for controlling Animoog than the Animoog blades themselves. Its the polyphonic glide

• So I can report that with @sonosaurus 's method above I'm getting polyphonic Aftertouch coming through to Model15. Thanks for that!