Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reverb and Limiter AUv3 new version (Amazing Noises)

Hi all,

we just released the new version of Reverb and Limiter:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reverb-feedback-delay-network/id950600083?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/limiter-amazing-noises-audio-processor/id945375756?mt=8

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
  • New MIDI Takeover: Pickup and Value Scaled
  • New Sampling Rate Setting
  • New Bluetooth Local MIDI Central
  • In-App Retronyms AudioPaste Store Content
  • New multiple AudioPaste allows multiple files in a directory to be pasted at once
  • 14 bit NRPN fixed
  • Aubiobus SDK 2.3.3 updated
  • MIDI ‘Program Change’ Freeze UI, fixed
  • MIDI Bluetooth UI fixed for iPhone

Comments

• I don't have limiter yet. but reverb is awesome....I mean amazing. Amazing Noises is amazing.
    Thank you!

• AU Limiter is a big deal!

• @OscarSouth said:
    AU Limiter is a big deal!

Indeed! Been hoping for this for a good while. Stoked it's finally a reality. Functions even better now than in the previous build. Nice.

• edited March 2017

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/limiter-amazing-noises-audio-processor/id945375756?mt=8

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • New multiple AudioPaste allows multiple files in a directory to be pasted at once
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

When inserted as an AU effect in GarageBand the whole track is muted. I should have inquired if it was tested in GB before purchasing it. :#

• @realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

When inserted as an AU effect in GarageBand the whole track is muted. I should have inquired if it was tested in GB before purchasing it. :#

Just tested on mine. Air2 latest iOS.

Created quick Live Loops track. Selected 3 fader icon for track settings. Selected plugins and EQ, then selected edit, the clicked a plus sign, then clicked Audio Units at top right, then selected Limiter. Then recorded. Works here perfectly.

• edited March 2017

@skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

Created quick Live Loops track. Selected 3 fader icon for track settings. Selected plugins and EQ, then selected edit, the clicked a plus sign, then clicked Audio Units at top right, then selected Limiter. Then recorded. Works here perfectly.

I have the issue with the Reverb...have you tried that one?

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

I don't own that one, but I think I still have the beta.

Are you loading the effects like I did? ie. in the settings of the track? Or, are you loading it from the main instrument panel picker?

I'll try the same setup with Reverb too and verify is works as well. But, again... all I have is the beta of Reverb. I own ALL of Amazing Noises apps, except for that one since I've got more reverb now than I ever use.

• @realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

Just tried again for you. I created a new track in GB. Chose one of those Chinese stringed instruments. Selected the 3 fader icon setting above. Selected plugins & EQ. Clicked edit, then clicked a plus + sign. Then clicked Audio Unit Extensions, then selected Reverb by Amazing Noises. Worked fine and sounded very good on that Chinese stringed instrument.

The only thing I noticed was that I didn't see any of the Reverb presets. I clicked the bottom Reverb panel for more settings, but I don't see the presets. However, I'm using the beta. Could be I didn't get the last build before Amazing Noises submitted to the app store.

The function worked well though and sounded good.

• @skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

I don't own that one, but I think I still have the beta.

Are you loading the effects like I did? ie. in the settings of the track? Or, are you loading it from the main instrument panel picker?

I'll try the same setup with Reverb too and verify is works as well. But, again... all I have is the beta of Reverb. I own ALL of Amazing Noises apps, except for that one since I've got more reverb now than I ever use.

Yes using in the settings of the track...just tried again and GB froze. I'll wait for an update

• @skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@skiphunt said:

@realdavidai said:

@mauriziogiri said:
    Hi all,

What's new:

• AUv3 Support
    • 14 bit NRPN fixed

Just tried again for you. I created a new track in GB. Chose one of those Chinese stringed instruments. Selected the 3 fader icon setting above. Selected plugins & EQ. Clicked edit, then clicked a plus + sign. Then clicked Audio Unit Extensions, then selected Reverb by Amazing Noises. Worked fine and sounded very good on that Chinese stringed instrument.

The only thing I noticed was that I didn't see any of the Reverb presets. I clicked the bottom Reverb panel for more settings, but I don't see the presets. However, I'm using the beta. Could be I didn't get the last build before Amazing Noises submitted to the app store.

The function worked well though and sounded good.

Okay thanks. I'll try restarting the iPad

• I used to love using limiter (iaa) and dfx in my vocal recording chain...in the end it got too hard due to instability / crashes. Stoked that both apps have had updatesin the last few days. Loaded them just now in cubasis with no issues at all...au limiter didnt seem to carry across my presets but good range of factory ones are there. Big thanks to Amazing Noises for the au update!

• @marliess said:
    I used to love using limiter (iaa) and dfx in my vocal recording chain...in the end it got too hard due to instability / crashes. Stoked that both apps have had updatesin the last few days. Loaded them just now in cubasis with no issues at all...au limiter didnt seem to carry across my presets but good range of factory ones are there. Big thanks to Amazing Noises for the au update!

I experienced the same with the previous version of Limiter. Worked fine, but a little unstable. This new AU version seems to be rock solid and more refined in it's adjustments. It could be my imagination since I can't A/B the older version, but I think the sound is better too.

I was committed to getting Pro-L whenever it goes on sale again, but this new AU update of Limiter is causing me to rethink that some.

• @skiphunt said:

@marliess said:
    I used to love using limiter (iaa) and dfx in my vocal recording chain...in the end it got too hard due to instability / crashes. Stoked that both apps have had updatesin the last few days. Loaded them just now in cubasis with no issues at all...au limiter didnt seem to carry across my presets but good range of factory ones are there. Big thanks to Amazing Noises for the au update!

I experienced the same with the previous version of Limiter. Worked fine, but a little unstable. This new AU version seems to be rock solid and more refined in it's adjustments. It could be my imagination since I can't A/B the older version, but I think the sound is better too.

I was committed to getting Pro-L whenever it goes on sale again, but this new AU update of Limiter is causing me to rethink that some.

Assuming you can spare the $40, you'd be missing out if you didn't. Love the rest of their apps, but hate that limiter

• @oat_phipps said:

@skiphunt said:

@marliess said:

Assuming you can spare the $40, you'd be missing out if you didn't. Love the rest of their apps, but hate that limiter

I know the Fab stuff is stupendous. $40 is a little steep for a dabbler though. I've heard enough great feedback that I'm sure I'll nab it the next time it goes on sale. I do like playing with that ever so easy automation in AP.

This new revision of Limiter is definitely all I really need at the moment, and will hold me over very nicely until that rare Fab sales comes along again.

• I'm also tempted by the ddmf limiter that gets pretty good reviews (mainly from desktop users as the ios AU only just dropped). Prob not at same level as the fabs, but being a cubasis user, might be worth a shot at a third of the price of pro-L (& 3x the price of amazing noise limiter...some interesting mathematical synergies there!). Of course, prob dont need it as already have amazing noise and cubasis limiters....but when did that ever stop anyone :)